The Red Dragon 2019 Grand Slam of Darts Prediction Game!

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

This thread will be updated with the current tables and rules etc.

Prizes

The Top 2 will win a set of darts (to the value of £40) from the Red Dragon Website www.reddragondarts.com

Thanks as always go to Red Dragon for their generosity.

What to do

Before each round I shall start a thread where I shall ask you to predict the final group standings, or the score of each match, as well as a few bonuses to mix it up a bit.

Scoring is as follows:

Group Stages - 1 point for every position guessed correctly, plus a bonus point for getting every position in a group correct.
Last 16 - 3 points for correct result, 7 points for correct result AND score
QF's - 6 points for correct result, 13 points for correct result AND score
SF's - 8 points for correct result, 17 points for correct result AND score
Final - 10 points for correct result, 21 points for correct result AND score

Bonuses will generally be 5 points each, although this may differ for the Final.

Be aware there is a short turnaround between each round ending and the next starting - so be aware of this when entering!!

The Semi Final and Final sessions are both played the same day so these will be predicted on AT THE SAME TIME (plus I will be going to both so won’t have time to update in between).

In your prediction for the FIRST ROUND I shall ask you to specify a set of darts of your choosing from the Red Dragon Website. Entries without this vital information may be ignored!!!

Be aware that the set you choose in the First Round thread is the set you win.
You can select any darts but if the value is over £40 then you must pay the difference.

A template will follow soon.

Good luck!

DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES - Start of play on Saturday 9th November (13.10, around ten minutes into the Sky broadcast)

Smallprint

The highest two scores will win the set of darts of their choosing.

If a tie is needed to split the winners, then bonuses will be disregarded and the player with the highest aggregate score across all round excluding bonuses shall win. If still tied, the player(s) with the highest Finals Night score will win in the tie.
If still tied after this, then countback will take place, looking at who had the highest Semi Final session score, highest Quarter Final etc, until a tie can be split. In the unlikely event there is still a tie, a mini-prediction game involving the Players Championship Finals (the weekend after the final) will be used to split it.

All entries need to have a choice of darts from the Red Dragon Website (www.reddragondarts.com) dart code and weight as published on the website. If an entry does not have this information than the prize will revert to the next place and so on. The darts selected in the first round will be the darts shipped, no exceptions (unless out of stock in which case the winner will be asked to pick another)

The decision of myself and the site moderators are final.

Entries made after the published deadline in each round may be accepted at my discretion, minus the bonuses and matches that have been played already.

PS I will be going to Wolverhampton first thing Sunday morning for the semi-finals and final and will not be back home until the Monday afternoon so it likely that the final results will not be published until the Tuesday
fling
County Player

Re: The Red Dragon 2019 Grand Slam of Darts Prediction Game!

Post by fling »

Below is the predictions of how each group will finish by player selections
Attachments
GSoD 2019 Groups E-F.pdf
(150.74 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
GSoD 2019 Groups A-D.pdf
(170.77 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

Group A - 10 entrants receive an extra bonus point for predicting all four positions correctly, 20 people predicted 2 places correctly and 8 people predicted 1 place correctly with 1 person predicting none correctly.
Group B - 6 entrants receive an extra bonus point for predicting all four positions correctly, 15 people predicted 2 places correctly and 3 people predicted 1 place correctly with 15 people predicting none correctly.
Group C - 9 entrants receive an extra bonus point for predicting all four positions correctly, 25 people predicted 2 places correctly and 4 people predicted 1 place correctly with 1 person predicting none correctly.
Group D - 12 entrants receive an extra bonus point for predicting all four positions correctly, 16 people predicted 2 places correctly and 7 people predicted 1 place correctly with 4 people predicting none correctly.
Group E - 18 entrants receive an extra bonus point for predicting all four positions correctly, 19 people predicted 2 places correctly and 2 people predicted 1 place correctly.
Group F – no-one received an additional bonus point for predicting all four positions correctly, 10 people predicted 2 places correctly and 25 people predicted 1 place correctly with 4 people predicting none correctly.
Group G – 1 person received an additional bonus point for predicting all four positions correctly, 11 people predicted 2 places correctly and 19 people predicted 1 place correctly with 8 people predicting none correctly.
Group H – 10 people received an additional bonus point for predicting all four positions correctly, 18 people predicted 2 places correctly and 10 people predicted 1 place correctly with 1 person predicting none correctly.

Bonus Points Highest Average – Michael Smith
Lowest Average – Wayne Warren

No-one scored any bonus points for any of the 2 bonus questions.

The current leader is chue05 with 30 points who impressively predicted all positions in 5 of the 8 groups correctly.
3 players predicted 4 groups correctly.
Attachments
GSod Group Results 2019.pdf
(410.01 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

Boom after receiving 24 points (3 correct scores and 1 correct result) has jumped from 16th to joint 1st alongside robot who scored 22 points (2 correct scores, 1 correct result and 5 bonus points).

The previous leader (chue05) was 1 of 5 players who did not enter Wednesday’s games!!

Theronin has not been award their 3 points for the Wright v Cross game as they could not follow the simple instructions of following the template and switched the names around. They have been awarded their points for the other games even they have chosen to shorten the names of the selections when every other entry has managed to follow the instructions. They also managed to swap around the answers for the bonus questions so would not have received any points if they had guesses correctly.
If their entry for the remaining dates follow the same pattern then I will disregard completely.

Bonus Points Highest Average – Dave Chisnall
Lowest Average – Rob Cross

9 people scored 5 bonus points for the highest average but no-one received any for the lowest average.
Attachments
GSod Wednesday 2019.pdf
(417.99 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Great updates fling!
Everything to play for.
Si Robin
Pub Champion

Post by Si Robin »

Jesus - I'm actually still in with a shout. Usually I'm rock-bottom of these things after the first round.
SAFC
Superleague Player

Post by SAFC »

Well done Fling keep up the good work
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

O C and robot are now joint 1st on 60 points with Boom just behind on 58

Top Scorers of the night were kingp35, O C and TheSandman with 22 points (all with 4 correct results and both bonus questions correct)
Correct scores were limited with only Chambord and rabsmith2 predicting correctly in the MVG v White game and MrLil8, el_ringo and Kyeavfc predicting correctly in the Anderson v Thornton game.

I have disregarded all points for theronin who cannot follow simple instructions

Bonus Points Highest Average – MVG
Lowest Average – Rob Thornton

32 out of the 35 entrants scored 5 bonus points for the highest average with 15 scoring 5 points for the lowest average. Those 15 people had both correct.
Attachments
GSod Thursday 2019.pdf
(411.02 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

Robot now has a 9 point lead over O C with DavidOwen67 a further point back on 62 points.
A further 15 players have between 54 and 59 points so still all to play for.

Top Scorer of the night was ILAD with 15 points (1 correct score, 1 correct result and 1 bonus answer correct)
Correct scores were limited with only el_ringo predicting the correct score in the Durrant v Smith game and 5 players (ILAD, robot, hamo, tdog79 and DavidOwen67) had the correct score in the Chisnall v Wright game.

A total of 8 players scored 0 points

Bonus Points Highest Average – Peter Wright (13 players picked this)
Lowest Average – Michael Smith (only SAFC had this)
Attachments
GSod Friday 2019.pdf
(421.16 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Hopefully the poster known as DavidOwen67 will actually post on this forum.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

No change at the top tonight after both Price and MVG won and with only 4 correct scores predicted.

el_ringo in the MVG – Lewis game and The Crusader, sally and daveshep1508 in the Price v Anderson game.

Top Scorer of the night was el_ringo with 17 points (1 correct score and 2 bonus answers correct)

Only nobilo scored 0 points

Bonus Points Highest Average – MVG (23 players picked this)
Lowest Average – Adrian Lewis (23 players had this)
18 people had both bonus answers correct.

Final Update will be on Monday evening as off to Wolverhampton at 9 tomorrow for my usual semi final and final session.
Attachments
GSod Saturday 2019.pdf
(412.28 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Good luck to everyone still in with a chance of winning.

Unfortunately I am not one of those, as my predictions in this competition have been total shit.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

ssjsa wrote:Good luck to everyone still in with a chance of winning.

Unfortunately I am not one of those, as my predictions in this competition have been total shit.
Yeah mine been woeful too. Good luck all those still in running. Hope its regular posters who pick up the darts. Cheers fling for running, entered final round for a laugh.
Thinking of one.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ssjsa wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:14 pm Good luck to everyone still in with a chance of winning.

I’m catching you up
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ILAD wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:50 pm Hopefully the poster known as DavidOwen67 won't actually post on this forum.
Fixed.

You'll notice nearly all my posts are somehow in the "Rambling and Bickering" thread. :D
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

fling wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:05 pm No change at the top tonight after both Price and MVG won and with only 4 correct scores predicted.

el_ringo in the MVG – Lewis game and The Crusader, sally and daveshep1508 in the Price v Anderson game.

Top Scorer of the night was el_ringo with 17 points (1 correct score and 2 bonus answers correct)

Only nobilo scored 0 points

Bonus Points Highest Average – MVG (23 players picked this)
Lowest Average – Adrian Lewis (23 players had this)
18 people had both bonus answers correct.

Final Update will be on Monday evening as off to Wolverhampton at 9 tomorrow for my usual semi final and final session.
Cheers, Brian.

Enjoy your day at the darts!
JOEY
Pub Champion

Post by JOEY »

Yea thanks fling have a great day
Si Robin
Pub Champion

Post by Si Robin »

Were my predictions not in time for Saturday night? I seem to have got 0 points even though I know I got at least one result right.

I'm not bothered if I was too late btw.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Si Robin wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:28 pm Were my predictions not in time for Saturday night? I seem to have got 0 points even though I know I got at least one result right.

I'm sure fling will check next next week, when he's back.

You entered at 8.10pm so you may well have missed the cut off.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Si Robin wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:28 pm Were my predictions not in time for Saturday night? I seem to have got 0 points even though I know I got at least one result right.

I'm sure fling will check next next week, when he's back.

You entered at 8.10pm so you may well have missed the cut off.
One minute after that wasnt it? When play hadnt even started. A bit harsh.
Big Jock Knew