WDF Calendar 2020

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
1205
Superleague Player
Posts: 1464
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: WDF Calendar 2020

Post by 1205 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:38 am

Skewball wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:21 pm
1205 wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:37 am
On the WDF Calendar virtually all the England Darts events are now on there..plus Scottish/Welsh etc .
Which means they will all be WDF ranked.. which surely means they will use WDF rankings for seedings (they have to) ... so surely means that they will not be eligible for BDO points - as they will not be seeded using the BDO rankings...

This is a bit of a mess isn't it.. ..which seedings will these events use.....??
The WDF rules only mention there must be a single draw, they have categorisation, and that there are some rules about seeding introduced in later stages, having to win at least one game and reducing the player's points by 25%.

The seeding stuff they mentioned related to the BDO was because the BDO women's draw stuffing meant the BDO ended up not following it's own rules.

I don't think there's any obstacle to BDO ranking other than having to pay money.
"some rules about seeding introduced in later stage"

Well indeed. So what are they?
There will be 'some rules' about how they seed players I'm sure.
The stuff I mentioned after that sentence.

The only mention of seeds I see from the rules page is in the ranking system criteria and it's in 7.03
7.03 In WDF Ranked Events where ‘seeded’ players are introduced into the closing stages of an
event then the following conditions will apply:
a) Seeded players must win a match before any points can be allocated to them.
b) In WDF Ranked events where ‘seeded’ players are introduced into the closing stages
of an event then the ‘seeded’ players that are awarded points shall receive 75% of
those points normally allocated to the placing that has been attained.

Unlike the BDO rules, it doesn't mention the rankings determining seeding, as far as I can see.

But, the BDO says
5.06 Seeded Players – Placement in Match-play Draw & Tied points procedure
a. The BDO Ranking Tables MUST be used to seed players in the event draw
b. Where there is a tie on points then reference to the current WDF rankings Tables will be made to decide which ranking position is awarded to each tied player.

The BDO's rules make WDF rankings virtually pointless if a tournament has dual rating. So, the WDF has a reason to kick the BDO while it's down.

Unfortunately the WDF says
6.02 The primary factor used to determine the category of each event is the number of entries
from the previous event. Other factors such as prize money on offer and television
coverage may also be taken into account.
"Feel the width" isn't really a good way to value tournaments.

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 9866
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: WDF Calendar 2020

Post by devosteve » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:37 am

A bit of chat on fanatics that this will be at least a transitional year for non pdc darts.
seems like the bdo will be phased out (gradually).
Rumour that wdf have been in talks with the pdc.
Wdf points for challenge tour mentioned.

New season start in January. Will sync with pdc.
Blackburn Life 'BDO world trophy competition' winner.

Dannyboy
International
Posts: 9161
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:44 pm
Location: Bedfordshire

Re: WDF Calendar 2020

Post by Dannyboy » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:46 am

Blimey. That would be a turn up. But the WDF need to understand that another major tournament under their control is not viable.

Skewball
International
Posts: 7745
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Somerset

Re: WDF Calendar 2020

Post by Skewball » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:11 am

Dannyboy wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:46 am
Blimey. That would be a turn up. But the WDF need to understand that another major tournament under their control is not viable.
nonsence

Dannyboy
International
Posts: 9161
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:44 pm
Location: Bedfordshire

Re: WDF Calendar 2020

Post by Dannyboy » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:19 am

Skewball wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:11 am
Dannyboy wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:46 am
Blimey. That would be a turn up. But the WDF need to understand that another major tournament under their control is not viable.
nonsence
It’s spelt nonsense but I’ll forgive you on Christmas Eve.

Care to explain why? If they want collaboration with the PDC they cannot be a competitor.

Skewball
International
Posts: 7745
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Somerset

Re: WDF Calendar 2020

Post by Skewball » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:29 am

Dannyboy wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:19 am
Skewball wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:11 am
Dannyboy wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:46 am
Blimey. That would be a turn up. But the WDF need to understand that another major tournament under their control is not viable.
nonsence
It’s spelt nonsense but I’ll forgive you on Christmas Eve.

Care to explain why? If they want collaboration with the PDC they cannot be a competitor.
its really easy. World Amateur Championships. Same as Snooker. And a World Amateur Masters.
If they get a bit of sponsorship - should not be too hard with such an international feel to it. They could get it on Eurosport etc.

oche balboa
International
Posts: 11999
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: WDF Calendar 2020

Post by oche balboa » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:37 pm

WDF World Championship is a good enough name. people would know its not the PDC.

BDO is finished in 2020
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

Dannyboy
International
Posts: 9161
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:44 pm
Location: Bedfordshire

Re: WDF Calendar 2020

Post by Dannyboy » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:39 pm

Skewball wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:29 am
Dannyboy wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:19 am
Skewball wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:11 am
Dannyboy wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:46 am
Blimey. That would be a turn up. But the WDF need to understand that another major tournament under their control is not viable.
nonsence
It’s spelt nonsense but I’ll forgive you on Christmas Eve.

Care to explain why? If they want collaboration with the PDC they cannot be a competitor.
its really easy. World Amateur Championships. Same as Snooker. And a World Amateur Masters.
If they get a bit of sponsorship - should not be too hard with such an international feel to it. They could get it on Eurosport etc.
Ok I totally agree with you. But it wouldn’t be a major tournament. £50-100k prize money. No tour card holders.
Include top 16 challenge tour rankings, top 4 ladies not qualified for Ally Pally, next 8 development tour rankings, 20 international qualifiers who have lost their finals or second places in qualifying for Ally Pally.

Bomber
Steady Sixties
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: WDF Calendar 2020

Post by Bomber » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:06 pm

amateur snooker doesn't pay anything, why would anyone want to sponsor good money for amateur darts?

it's not like there isn't enough out there atm, just because the bdo may have shafted their main event doesn't mean someone will want to play with the wreckage, particularly as part of it was lakeside

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 10178
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: WDF Calendar 2020

Post by DavidOwen67 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:17 pm

oche balboa wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:37 pm
BDO is finished in 2020
All hail, Des!!

No-one else could have done it as quickly.

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 9866
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: WDF Calendar 2020

Post by devosteve » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:26 pm

oche balboa wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:37 pm
WDF World Championship is a good enough name. people would know its not the PDC.

BDO is finished in 2020
Agree with the name. Then pdc will add 'professional ' to their name.

and gsod will simply be re branded pdc v WDF.

Give it a couple of years and the BDO will basically be forgotten by the casual TV fan.
Blackburn Life 'BDO world trophy competition' winner.

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 9866
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: WDF Calendar 2020

Post by devosteve » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:27 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:17 pm
oche balboa wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:37 pm
BDO is finished in 2020
All hail, Des!!

No-one else could have done it as quickly.
But he will claim no one could have saved it. He won't accept he has accelerated it's demise with his decisions.
Blackburn Life 'BDO world trophy competition' winner.

Bag Carrier
County Player
Posts: 4125
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:43 pm
Location: Im always in your head

Re: WDF Calendar 2020

Post by Bag Carrier » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:09 pm

devosteve wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:26 pm
oche balboa wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:37 pm
WDF World Championship is a good enough name. people would know its not the PDC.

BDO is finished in 2020
Agree with the name. Then pdc will add 'professional ' to their name.

and gsod will simply be re branded pdc v WDF.

Give it a couple of years and the BDO will basically be forgotten by the casual TV fan.
From what's being said, Hearn only ever offered the money for the title "Professional" and now he will get it by the WDF taking over and making there own world champs.

Wonder who is funding the WDF for there new adventures, maybe any anonymous donation :WWWW:
JFT96

User avatar
ILAD
Superleague Player
Posts: 1077
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:02 pm

Re: WDF Calendar 2020

Post by ILAD » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:40 pm

Bag Carrier wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:09 pm
devosteve wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:26 pm
oche balboa wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:37 pm
WDF World Championship is a good enough name. people would know its not the PDC.

BDO is finished in 2020
Agree with the name. Then pdc will add 'professional ' to their name.

and gsod will simply be re branded pdc v WDF.

Give it a couple of years and the BDO will basically be forgotten by the casual TV fan.
From what's being said, Hearn only ever offered the money for the title "Professional" and now he will get it by the WDF taking over and making there own world champs.

Wonder who is funding the WDF for there new adventures, maybe any anonymous donation :WWWW:
Does it really matter who is ‘funding ‘ the WDF’s new adventures, the Bdo have shafted themselves.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 4446
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: WDF Calendar 2020

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:16 pm

The World Darts Federation would like to make our member countries and their players aware that we are currently revising our senior rankings criteria, so to launch a brand new system for 2020.

Discussions are ongoing between the WDF Executive, our nations and our commercial partners to ensure that our “2020 vision” of a viable global circuit for all players becomes a reality, with the addition of brand new WDF major tournaments within the next 12 months.

The WDF season runs from January to December and we will begin the calendar year with new tournament categories of GOLD, SILVER and BRONZE. We will also be introducing regional ranking tables for both men and women, to the benefit of all of our players worldwide. Full details will be announced in the coming days.

It is evident from the regular updates to our calendar with over 40 different countries already signed up for the 2020 season, that we have the full support of our members worldwide. This system is being developed by the WDF, on behalf of the nations that form the WDF.

All of the information that you require will be published as soon as it is available. We can reassure you that it would be beneficial to compete on the WDF circuit, with additional incentives soon to be announced.

Our first senior tournament of the year is the Las Vegas Open (January 17-19), followed by ranking events in Australia, Iceland and Canada. In mainland Europe, the season begins with two of our premier weekends, the Romanian Darts Festival (January 24-26) followed by the iconic Dutch Open Darts.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 64794
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: WDF Calendar 2020

Post by Ginge » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:17 pm

Its like Groundhog Day on here of late.

The Cat
International
Posts: 7902
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:34 am

Re: WDF Calendar 2020

Post by The Cat » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:17 pm

Ginge wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:17 pm
Its like Groundhog Day on here of late.
You can say that again.
Image

oche balboa
International
Posts: 11999
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: WDF Calendar 2020

Post by oche balboa » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:19 pm

    Ginge wrote:
    Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:17 pm
    Its like Groundhog Day on here of late.
    Have you seen it
    TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

    User avatar
    Ginge
    International
    Posts: 64794
    Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
    Location: The West Riding

    Re: WDF Calendar 2020

    Post by Ginge » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:22 pm


    oche balboa wrote:
      Ginge wrote:
      Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:17 pm
      Its like Groundhog Day on here of late.
      Have you seen it
      Have you seen it? Ey? Ey? Where is my washboard? Yes, you madam, i've seen you in the butchers buying liver instead of lamb!



      Image

      NvH
      The Ton Club
      Posts: 301
      Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:16 am

      Re: WDF Calendar 2020

      Post by NvH » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:18 pm

      Ginge wrote:
      Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:17 pm
      Its like Groundhog Day on here of late.
      Terrier and June

      Post Reply

      Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”