The Geography Thread

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
brainim
The Ton Club
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:37 am

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by brainim » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:55 pm

Murphio wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:30 pm
And now Stoke is in the West Midlands. ffs.
technically he is not wrong, its in the west midlands region but not the county

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 10758
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by DavidOwen67 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:57 pm

brainim wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:55 pm
Murphio wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:30 pm
And now Stoke is in the West Midlands. ffs.
technically he is not wrong, its in the west midlands region but not the county
No. North Midlands at best. East mids at a huge stretch. But not West Mids.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 65166
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Ginge » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:59 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
brainim wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:55 pm
Murphio wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:30 pm
And now Stoke is in the West Midlands. ffs.
technically he is not wrong, its in the west midlands region but not the county
No. North Midlands at best. East mids at a huge stretch. But not West Mids.
As far as government regions are concerned, Staffordshire is part of the West Midlands region. Sorry mate.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 10758
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by DavidOwen67 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:00 pm

Ginge wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
brainim wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:55 pm
Murphio wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:30 pm
And now Stoke is in the West Midlands. ffs.
technically he is not wrong, its in the west midlands region but not the county
No. North Midlands at best. East mids at a huge stretch. But not West Mids.
As far as government regions are concerned, Staffordshire is part of the West Midlands region. Sorry mate.
You believe the government?

You'll believe DBG next?

DavidB
International
Posts: 6243
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by DavidB » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:02 pm

Ginge wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:59 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote:
brainim wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:55 pm
Murphio wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:30 pm
And now Stoke is in the West Midlands. ffs.
technically he is not wrong, its in the west midlands region but not the county
No. North Midlands at best. East mids at a huge stretch. But not West Mids.
As far as government regions are concerned, Staffordshire is part of the West Midlands region. Sorry mate.

:grin:

ChrisW
International
Posts: 27798
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by ChrisW » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:03 pm

DavidB wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:02 pm
Ginge wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:59 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote:
brainim wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:55 pm
Murphio wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:30 pm
And now Stoke is in the West Midlands. ffs.
technically he is not wrong, its in the west midlands region but not the county
No. North Midlands at best. East mids at a huge stretch. But not West Mids.
As far as government regions are concerned, Staffordshire is part of the West Midlands region. Sorry mate.

:grin:
Thanks Robson.

DavidB
International
Posts: 6243
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by DavidB » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:05 pm

First line answers the myth about where Staffordshire is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staffordshire

:grin:

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 65166
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Ginge » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:08 pm

DavidB wrote:First line answers the myth about where Staffordshire is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staffordshire

:grin:
Mr Owen!!!!

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 10758
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by DavidOwen67 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:09 pm

DavidB wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:05 pm
First line answers the myth about where Staffordshire is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staffordshire

:grin:
Too easy.

brainim
The Ton Club
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:37 am

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by brainim » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:11 pm

DavidB wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:05 pm
First line answers the myth about where Staffordshire is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staffordshire

:grin:
most of what is now in the County of West Midlands used to be South Staffordshire, it was also classed as Worcester too at one time also, Government cant stop fekkin with our boarders
Last edited by brainim on Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DavidB
International
Posts: 6243
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by DavidB » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:12 pm

brainim wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:11 pm
DavidB wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:05 pm
First line answers the myth about where Staffordshire is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staffordshire

:grin:
most of what is now in the County of West Midlands used to be South Staffordshire, it was also Worcester too at one time also, Government cant stop fekkin with our boarders


No no no, the government can’t be believed or something :grin:

deathrides
Steady Sixties
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:49 pm

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by deathrides » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:13 pm

DavidB wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:05 pm
First line answers the myth about where Staffordshire is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staffordshire

:grin:
Course it's West Midlands. It's directly north of Birmingham. To the east is Derby and Nottingham i.e the East Midlands.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 10758
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by DavidOwen67 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:13 pm

brainim wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:11 pm
DavidB wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:05 pm
First line answers the myth about where Staffordshire is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staffordshire

:grin:
most of what is now in the County of West Midlands used to be South Staffordshire, it was also classed as Worcester too at one time also, Government cant stop fekkin with our boarders
Stoke is in North Staffs, right by Crewe which is clearly in the NW of England.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 10758
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by DavidOwen67 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:13 pm

Incoming..........

DavidB
International
Posts: 6243
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by DavidB » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:14 pm

deathrides wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:13 pm
DavidB wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:05 pm
First line answers the myth about where Staffordshire is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staffordshire

:grin:
Course it's West Midlands. It's directly north of Birmingham. To the east is Derby and Nottingham i.e the East Midlands.

It’s not me you need to convince pal... :grin:

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 10758
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by DavidOwen67 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:16 pm

DavidB wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:14 pm
deathrides wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:13 pm
DavidB wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:05 pm
First line answers the myth about where Staffordshire is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staffordshire

:grin:
Course it's West Midlands. It's directly north of Birmingham. To the east is Derby and Nottingham i.e the East Midlands.

It’s not me you need to convince pal... :grin:
FFS. 2 for the price of 1.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 65166
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Ginge » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:16 pm

The game must be exciting if we are discussing government regions

DavidB
International
Posts: 6243
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by DavidB » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:17 pm

Just heard that Reading is now in Oxfordshire as it’s right by Oxford which is clearly in Oxfordshire :grin:

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 20975
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

The Geography Thread

Post by ssjsa » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:44 pm

In memory of former poster Ifm who reckoned it took 4hrs to get fro Coventry to Birmingham ;-)
Image

PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 65166
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: The Geography Thread

Post by Ginge » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:46 pm

ssjsa wrote:In memory of former poster Ifm who reckoned it took 4hrs to get fro Coventry to Birmingham ;-)
Ha! Was somewhere in Wales wasnt it?

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”