Challenge tour events time duration

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
dartsfan22
The Ton Club
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:20 pm

Challenge tour events time duration

Post by dartsfan22 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:51 pm

Just seeing event 4 on Sunday went on till past 10 at night surely it’s a bit ridiculous to have players playing darts for roughly 13 hours? The pdc has got to look into the format of entries of the challenge tour

MancheStar
Superleague Player
Posts: 1441
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:29 pm

Re: Challenge tour events time duration

Post by MancheStar » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:55 pm

Should have one event per day and double the money.

Rout
International
Posts: 8269
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:19 am

Re: Challenge tour events time duration

Post by Rout » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:59 pm

I suppose its beyond the realms of possibility that a company that likes to boast how well they are doing put up a few more darts stands and/or use a bigger venue if necessary?

fling
Superleague Player
Posts: 1568
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Challenge tour events time duration

Post by fling » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:03 pm

I suspect if entries remain at this level (which I don't think they will) then there will probably only be 1 comp per day.

I didn't leave the venue until 9.45 on the Saturday (it was down to last 8 at this stage) so was 10 o'clock before I managed to have a pint.

Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club
Posts: 478
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: Challenge tour events time duration

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:16 pm

Last year the opening weekend had 272 entries, but by Event 5, this has fallen to 240, and the days were done by about half 8. Should definitely cap these events at 256, anything more is madness

Jowinho1987
Brass Darts
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:50 am

Re: Challenge tour events time duration

Post by Jowinho1987 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:00 pm

No one played darts for 13 hours

Demolition_fan
The Ton Club
Posts: 375
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:27 pm

Re: Challenge tour events time duration

Post by Demolition_fan » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:02 pm

Jowinho1987 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:00 pm
No one played darts for 13 hours
Kirsty Chubb would have taken that to win a couple of games

dartsfan22
The Ton Club
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:20 pm

Re: Challenge tour events time duration

Post by dartsfan22 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:13 pm

Jowinho1987 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:00 pm
No one played darts for 13 hours
Players will be there 8:30 at the latest I went to watch one day and there was players in at 7:30 when it’s starting play at 10am and players playing a final last 10pm you do the math?

ChrisW
International
Posts: 27983
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: Challenge tour events time duration

Post by ChrisW » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:15 pm

Yep it is the waiting that is worse. Long day however far you get in the 2nd event.

clarky
The Ton Club
Posts: 475
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:27 pm
Location: Coventry

Re: Challenge tour events time duration

Post by clarky » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:41 pm

dartsfan22 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:51 pm
Just seeing event 4 on Sunday went on till past 10 at night surely it’s a bit ridiculous to have players playing darts for roughly 13 hours? The pdc has got to look into the format of entries of the challenge tour
Event 3 on the Saturday finished a few minutes after 11pm so the Sunday was certainly an improvement

clarky
The Ton Club
Posts: 475
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:27 pm
Location: Coventry

Re: Challenge tour events time duration

Post by clarky » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:41 pm

clarky wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:41 pm
dartsfan22 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:51 pm
Just seeing event 4 on Sunday went on till past 10 at night surely it’s a bit ridiculous to have players playing darts for roughly 13 hours? The pdc has got to look into the format of entries of the challenge tour
Event 2 on the Saturday finished a few minutes after 11pm so the Sunday was certainly an improvement

User avatar
The Crusader
International
Posts: 5757
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:49 pm

Re: Challenge tour events time duration

Post by The Crusader » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:08 am

Leave it alone, it will settle in time.

If it doesn't then for 2021 have a CT tour 2, top 256 play in main one and the rest in other for less prize money.
Thinking of one.

foggs3355
International
Posts: 7542
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: Challenge tour events time duration

Post by foggs3355 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:12 am

What they could do the 1st 2 weekends where numbers high 1 event per day then the next 4 weekend have 2 events on the Saturday 1 Sunday starting at 12

If they upped the prize money 15k per event then it’s still 240k like it is now

Something like this for prize money
4000-2000-1000 500 225 100 50

1205
Superleague Player
Posts: 1613
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: Challenge tour events time duration

Post by 1205 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:59 am

foggs3355 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:12 am
What they could do the 1st 2 weekends where numbers high 1 event per day then the next 4 weekend have 2 events on the Saturday 1 Sunday starting at 12

If they upped the prize money 15k per event then it’s still 240k like it is now

Something like this for prize money
4000-2000-1000 500 225 100 50
And double the price, so that ironically they'd have fewer entries and the tournament wouldn't last long.

Rout
International
Posts: 8269
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:19 am

Re: Challenge tour events time duration

Post by Rout » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:43 am

Are they looking for the best dart players, or the dart players who are most financially comfortable?

clarky
The Ton Club
Posts: 475
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:27 pm
Location: Coventry

Re: Challenge tour events time duration

Post by clarky » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:50 am

clarky wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:41 pm
dartsfan22 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:51 pm
Just seeing event 4 on Sunday went on till past 10 at night surely it’s a bit ridiculous to have players playing darts for roughly 13 hours? The pdc has got to look into the format of entries of the challenge tour
Event 2 on the Saturday finished a few minutes after 11pm so the Sunday was certainly an improvement

fling
Superleague Player
Posts: 1568
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Challenge tour events time duration

Post by fling » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:17 pm

clarky wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:41 pm
dartsfan22 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:51 pm
Just seeing event 4 on Sunday went on till past 10 at night surely it’s a bit ridiculous to have players playing darts for roughly 13 hours? The pdc has got to look into the format of entries of the challenge tour
Event 3 on the Saturday finished a few minutes after 11pm so the Sunday was certainly an improvement

There was approx 20 less players in CT4 compared to CT2.

masticman
Superleague Player
Posts: 1602
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:57 pm

Re: Challenge tour events time duration

Post by masticman » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:31 pm

Imo it sud run in par with the main tour.
Top 128 from q school form the CT
Can still have 2 events per day. And mayb up the format 2 bo11 same as main tour.
Can't see it happening has there taking in £70k in entry fees as it is.

Black Velvet
County Player
Posts: 3080
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 1:56 am

Re: Challenge tour events time duration

Post by Black Velvet » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:09 pm

fling wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:17 pm
clarky wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:41 pm
dartsfan22 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:51 pm
Just seeing event 4 on Sunday went on till past 10 at night surely it’s a bit ridiculous to have players playing darts for roughly 13 hours? The pdc has got to look into the format of entries of the challenge tour
Event 3 on the Saturday finished a few minutes after 11pm so the Sunday was certainly an improvement

There was approx 20 less players in CT4 compared to CT2.
fewer

fling
Superleague Player
Posts: 1568
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Challenge tour events time duration

Post by fling » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:50 pm

Black Velvet wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:09 pm
fling wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:17 pm
clarky wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:41 pm
dartsfan22 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:51 pm
Just seeing event 4 on Sunday went on till past 10 at night surely it’s a bit ridiculous to have players playing darts for roughly 13 hours? The pdc has got to look into the format of entries of the challenge tour
Event 3 on the Saturday finished a few minutes after 11pm so the Sunday was certainly an improvement

There was approx 20 less players in CT4 compared to CT2.
fewer
338 in CT 2 and 321 in CT 4.
So that is 17 less or fewer!!

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”