Coronavirus Thread

Little Lonely Garry
International

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

TimmyB wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:07 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:06 pm
J Y Kelly wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:54 am
DavidOwen67 wrote:Why are double vaccinated people still being made to wear masks?

So 2 doses of an effective vaccine WON'T stop the spread but sticking a piece of paper or cloth on your face that has been mass produced in the Philippines to no medical specification WILL stop the spread.

Complete bollocks.

The vaccine limits the effect of the illness through the immune system

The mask helps stop the spread

That’s why we’ve spent the past 9 months doing both.

Primary school children know this. How can it have passed you by ?
OK. I'll ask again for the hard of thinking.

Who will suffer harm now high risk people are vaccinated or isolating?

If you want to hide in basements for the rest of your lives because we MIGHT fall on the railway tracks or step under a bus, you go ahead.

Will you go back into hiding when the flu season comes around that kills thousands in the UK every year? Or will you have the flu jab and carry on with real life?

I'm getting back to real life, thanks.
Thick as mince.

harsh on mince....it comes from an animal that had more intelligence than him
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

Rout wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:19 pm They should probably take down all the safety measures like barriers, warning signs etc... from around train tracks now too. Time for life to get back to normal.
I'm just off for a walk down the M25.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Round, surely?
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

Black Velvet wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:40 pm Round, surely?
Yeah, not sure whether to go clockwise or anti-clockwise.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Crossed the road before and the traffic lights not only went red for the drivers, but went green for the pedestrians! As if you need both!

Unbelievable.

And while you get your head round that insanity, they actually made a bleeping noise too! Would some genius or hard of thinking person please explain THAT to me??
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Genuine question.

My old man and his Mrs (aged 84 and 79 respectively) travelled to Portugal 3 weeks ago as it was on the green list.

While they were there, status changed to yellow, so when they arrived back they were charged £60 each for COVID testing by Randox - criminal in itself as testing is free but apparently these are the govt appointed private watchdog (no tender process, allegedly).

Having arrived back home at 2am, some twat from said secret police knocked on their door at 9am to check they were who they said they were and that they were self isolating. They've received daily phone calls since then for the same purposes.

So the question is, when did the UK become communist East Germany and how the fuck are the Stasi allowed to snoop on pensioners like this?
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I have zero sympathy for anyone that goes on holiday at the moment. It is always gonna be a massive risk no matter where you go.

This is not a British problem it's a global one.

Not to say you shouldn't travel, just be prepared for anything to change at anytime.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

If you want to go away then what on earth do you expect?

What does it matter if they are pensioners? That has nothing to do with anything.

You are bloody crazy taking gambles if you aren't prepared for whatever happens when you do and then moan about it.
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

Evidently crazy gambles run in the family.
aka JRWFSL147

Bitter and hardened heart...
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Translated " my family went on holiday during a GLOBAL PANDEMIC, and had too adhere to restrictions"

The fact they were allowed travel across Europe is somehow the equivalent to life under the Stasi
DavidOwen67 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:17 pm Genuine question.

My old man and his Mrs (aged 84 and 79 respectively) travelled to Portugal 3 weeks ago as it was on the green list.

While they were there, status changed to yellow, so when they arrived back they were charged £60 each for COVID testing by Randox - criminal in itself as testing is free but apparently these are the govt appointed private watchdog (no tender process, allegedly).

Having arrived back home at 2am, some twat from said secret police knocked on their door at 9am to check they were who they said they were and that they were self isolating. They've received daily phone calls since then for the same purposes.

So the question is, when did the UK become communist East Germany and how the fek are the Stasi allowed to snoop on pensioners like this?
Translated " my family regardless of the nationality, age , color or creed went on holiday during a GLOBAL PANDEMIC, and had too adhere to restrictions" but somehow this is an issue with English dave

The fact they were allowed travel across Europe is somehow the equivalent to life under the Stasi....go figure.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

OK. Congrats to all on missing the key points.

£60 quid per head for a COVID test

Gestapo knocking at the door to check on you after visiting a green list country 7 hours after arriving home.

Any other poster would have gleaned serious answers.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I agree the 7 hour checkup is pathetic. Other than that though, it seems fair enough, £60 a head for a test is a lot but their own fault for not shopping around.
Big Jock Knew
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Look at me ffs. People have had to sacrifice loads and you get upset about people who take a holiday at the earliest opportunity. They might well need and deserve one but then so does the whole country.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The Cat wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:17 pm Look at me ffs. People have had to sacrifice loads and you get upset about people who take a holiday at the earliest opportunity. They might well need and deserve one but then so does the whole country.
If people are taking holidays that were booked before March 2020 and they have no choice but to go on it or they lose money, fair enough. Otherwise yes I am in total agreement.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Tons of people are going on holiday and not having any problems.
But you need to figure in there is a risk you will have to have tests, quarantine, lots of additional paperwork.

It's a risk you have to take but don't go fecking moaning about it when it happens.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Checking you are sticking to the quarantine rules during a global pandemic is exactly like when the Jews were hauled out of their homes and marched to their inevitable deaths in concentration camps.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Perhaps if more OAPs got that knock on the door more people in trouble, ill without relatives or health alarm systems would not get in trouble.
Just saying like. Nice service from the Stasi.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:12 pm I agree the 7 hour checkup is pathetic. Other than that though, it seems fair enough, £60 a head for a test is a lot but their own fault for not shopping around.
They were told they HAD to use Randox and that was the price.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:48 am
Ginge wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:12 pm I agree the 7 hour checkup is pathetic. Other than that though, it seems fair enough, £60 a head for a test is a lot but their own fault for not shopping around.
They were told they HAD to use Randox and that was the price.
Well thats a load of old bollox, there are countless suppliers, the list on the Government website has about 200 listed.
Big Jock Knew