36%
Nicola Sturgeon
64%

Total votes: 14

ssjsa
International

Coronavirus- Leadership

Post by ssjsa »

We are now nearly 6 weeks into lockdown. Forget the politics and vote on which of Nicola Sturgeon or Boris Johnson has demonstrated the greater leadership during the Covid-19 pandemic.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
oche balboa
International

Re: Coronavirus- Leadership

Post by oche balboa »

Sturgeon is playing politics on this. Scotland is behind England in testing and she has handled it worse then Boris (Who's Government have handled it badly)
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

oche balboa wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:57 am Sturgeon is playing politics on this. Scotland is behind England in testing and she has handled it worse then Boris (Who's Government have handled it badly)
All countries have handled it badly except South Korea, it's a virus we've not seen before and at the onset predictions were made that have turned out to be false. All any leader can do is follow their scientific advisers, should their advice turn out to be incorrect then who's to 'blame'?
I think that's the problem with some, especially the media who are playing the blame game and forgetting that we are all in it together.

Imagine if we had this main stream media during any wars, instead of reporting on an allied paratrooper victory they'd be asking why one of the parachutes failed to open, who made it, who packed it, why they didn't source German parachutes and why the minister for war should resign.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
PreciesJJ
The Ton Club

Post by PreciesJJ »

nikkiboy wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:10 am
oche balboa wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:57 am Sturgeon is playing politics on this. Scotland is behind England in testing and she has handled it worse then Boris (Who's Government have handled it badly)
All countries have handled it badly except South Korea, it's a virus we've not seen before and at the onset predictions were made that have turned out to be false. All any leader can do is follow their scientific advisers, should their advice turn out to be incorrect then who's to 'blame'?
I think that's the problem with some, especially the media who are playing the blame game and forgetting that we are all in it together.

Imagine if we had this main stream media during any wars, instead of reporting on an allied paratrooper victory they'd be asking why one of the parachutes failed to open, who made it, who packed it, why they didn't source German parachutes and why the minister for war should resign.
Couldnt agree more
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

nikkiboy wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:10 am

South Korea have had a flare up were some dickhead who has been tracked as having symptoms went on a night out and caused more cases and Seoul has had to close its Bars and Restaurants. But Korea are doing an excellent job and Football, Baseball, Basketball all started again in the past few days.

500k was the figure that was going to die in UK according to Neil Ferguson and the Government panicked and acted on this, The findings appear to be flawed. The Mainstream media led by Piers Morgan have been dreadful and the Government have bulked under it and handled things badly. Look at Boris's speech last night
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Why no Mark Drakeford?
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

We are an island and had two weeks "notice" over mainland Europe. Which Johnson spent on holiday with his missus, missing 5 cobra meetings on the matter.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Rout wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:23 am We are an island and had two weeks "notice" over mainland Europe. Which Johnson spent on holiday with his missus, missing 5 cobra meetings on the matter.
Screenshot 2020-05-11 at 11.38.50.png
Screenshot 2020-05-11 at 11.38.50.png (19.72 KiB) Viewed 1610 times
Doesn't read the Guardian folks, no siree.

I seem to remember these were in January and the early part of February during which time the World Health Organisation was still saying that there was no evidence to human to human transmission of covid19 - in fact I think it was January 29th before they warned that it was a danger.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

nikkiboy wrote:
Rout wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:23 am We are an island and had two weeks "notice" over mainland Europe. Which Johnson spent on holiday with his missus, missing 5 cobra meetings on the matter.

I seem to remember these were in January and the early part of February during which time the World Health Organisation was still saying that there was no evidence to human to human transmission of covid19 - in fact I think it was January 29th before they warned that it was a danger.
Bollocks

https://www.who.int/news-room/detail/27 ... --covid-19

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Booji Boy wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:47 am
nikkiboy wrote:

Bollocks

So I was wrong, it was the 30th January not the 28th that they decided it might be a problem.

Thanks for the correction col.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

nikkiboy wrote:
Booji Boy wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:47 am
nikkiboy wrote:

Bollocks

So I was wrong, it was the 30th January not the 28th that they decided it might be a problem.

Thanks for the correction col.
10th January who confirmed human to human transmission risk. So yeah, bollocks.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Look at their tweet above which is what they said and then compare it to col's link of what they said they said - is it the same?

"14 January 2020

WHO's technical lead for the response noted in a press briefing there may have been limited human-to-human transmission of the coronavirus (in the 41 confirmed cases), mainly through family members, and that there was a risk of a possible wider outbreak. The lead also said that human-to-human transmission would not be surprising given our experience with SARS, MERS and other respiratory pathogens."
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

It was a Times investigation that unearthed Johnsons missing of Cobra meetings. You know the Rupert Murdoch owned Conservative right leaning Times?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/coro ... -hq3b9tlgh

Then reported in pretty much every other news outlet.

Your obsession with the Guardian as a response to any fact you dont like to hear is bonkers Nick.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

OK let's get the facts of this, what date did Boris go on holiday?
What dates are you classing as the 2 weeks notice?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Rout wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:59 am It was a Times investigation that unearthed Johnsons missing of Cobra meetings. You know the Rupert Murdoch owned Conservative right leaning Times?

Your obsession with the Guardian as a response to any fact you dont like to hear is bonkers Nick.
So it WAS reported in the guardian, thanks for confirming.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

nikkiboy wrote:
Rout wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:59 am It was a Times investigation that unearthed Johnsons missing of Cobra meetings. You know the Rupert Murdoch owned Conservative right leaning Times?

So it WAS reported in the guardian, thanks for confirming.
So everytime I pass comment, if the Guardian have done anything on that subject, then I must have got my info from the Guardian, even if it's been reported in every other news outlet including the mail, express, telegraph, times or anywhere else?

Desperate stuff now Nikki.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

nikkiboy wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 12:04 pm
OK let's get the facts of this, what date did Boris go on holiday?
What dates are you classing as the 2 weeks notice?
Seeing as Rout is not going to answer this I will, Boris' annual holiday was over the new year holidays, he came back on the 5th January - apparently that was at the height of the epidemic in Europe according to Rout.
Italy was the first and hardest hit European country and they identified the first cases on January 30th.

So taking into account the time to spread in Italy the two weeks notice must have started around mid to end of February, after Boris' holiday.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

He went on a 12 day retreat at the taxpayer funded country mansion in Chevening in mid february after the cabinet reshuffle, missing several Cobra meetings in the process.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/26/opin ... hnson.html

Disclaimer for Nikki. Reported in most major news outlets. I selected an international one at random. It may have been reported in the Guardian. This should not be taken to mean that I wrap myself in the Guardian when sleeping at night. ImageImage
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Rout wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:13 pm He went on a 12 day retreat at the taxpayer funded country mansion in Chevening in mid february after the cabinet reshuffle, missing several Cobra meetings in the process.
Will that 12 day "retreat" have been during the February recess of Parliament between 13th and 24th of February when ALL members of Parliament were absent from Westminster?

You miss out in your article that on 28th February he held meetings with all the chief medical advisors in downing Street.

Guardian:
"Johnson said he had held a meeting with the chief medical officer for England and the health secretary about the situation."
"Asked what was preventing the prime minister from holding a meeting sooner, he said: “There are daily meetings between Public Health England and the Department for Health and interested departments, the chief medical officer, the chief scientific officer – those meetings happen daily and will continue to happen. The prime minister will hold a meeting of Cobra on Monday.”

"taxpayer funded mansion" - you mean the one that almost all prime ministers have gone to stay at during recess, you know the one set up for the Premier to continue to run the country whilst Parliament is not sitting.

Desperate stuff trying to make out that Boris was on a holiday when it was recess and all other 600 plus MPs were doing the same.