United Kingdom Darts Association

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Gruntface
Pub Champion

United Kingdom Darts Association

Post by Gruntface »

The UKDA look like they are putting together a good team of volunteers to form a bona fide alternative to the BDO and TN proposals with the notable absence of leaders who have a poor track record and damaged reputations.

Does this have any chance of being a strong contender?

Will we end up with 2 or 3 versions of amateur darts in the UK (akin to boxing with various belts)?

Will none have a snowball's chance with pubs unable to open any time soon making any decisions pointless?

Will darters decide that, although things need improving and that improvements cost money be too tight to pay more than a quid to support whatever system comes into play?
Booji Boy
International

Re: United Kingdom Darts Association

Post by Booji Boy »

Is the scropian involved in running it?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

The United Kingdom Darts Association are delighted to announce on behalf of the Derbyshire Darts Organisation, that following their democratic vote, they have agreed to join the UKDA.

The UKDA Management Team are extremely excited that Derbyshire have chosen to be part of our journey to improve the grassroots game in the UK for the counties, the players and supporters.

We look forward to a long and successful association.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

devosteve wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:32 pm The United Kingdom Darts Association are delighted to announce on behalf of the Derbyshire Darts Organisation, that following their democratic vote, they have agreed to join the UKDA.

The UKDA Management Team are extremely excited that Derbyshire have chosen to be part of our journey to improve the grassroots game in the UK for the counties, the players and supporters.

Yet Derbyshire denied that the had left the Bdo in a post that you put on here last week.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

ILAD wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:37 pm
devosteve wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:32 pm The United Kingdom Darts Association are delighted to announce on behalf of the Derbyshire Darts Organisation, that following their democratic vote, they have agreed to join the UKDA.

Yet Derbyshire denied that the had left the Bdo in a post that you put on here last week.
It\s all about the "the".
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Case wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:49 pm
ILAD wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:37 pm

It\s all about the "the".
C\ourse it is.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

The schools and how people remember simple things with language.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Case wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:58 pm The schools and how people remember simple things with language.
Did you attend?

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I am sure Des is gutted that Derbyshire have left the county system.

Absolutely gutted.

Unless loads of others do, meh.
Big Jock Knew
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

ILAD wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:05 pm
Case wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:58 pm The schools and how people remember simple things with language.
Did you attend?
Yes, sometimes.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Case wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:10 pm
ILAD wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:05 pm
Did you attend?
Yes, sometimes.
Good lad. :grin:

ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Ginge wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:08 pm I am sure Des is gutted that Derbyshire have left the county system.

Absolutely gutted.

So if only Derbyshire join then the whole exercise falls flat on its face and they are leper’s? Is that correct?

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ILAD wrote:
Ginge wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:08 pm I am sure Des is gutted that Derbyshire have left the county system.

Absolutely gutted.

So if only Derbyshire join then the whole exercise falls flat on its face and they are leper’s? Is that correct?
I would say so. Needs at least 20 to leave imo, and a fair few of those from the Premier.
Big Jock Knew
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Ginge wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:19 pm
ILAD wrote:

Absolutely gutted.

I would say so. Needs at least 20 to leave imo, and a fair few of those from the Premier.
Speaking of leper’s is drupid ok? Or under the thumb now.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Havent heard from him in a couple of weeks tbh.
Big Jock Knew
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Ginge wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:21 pm Havent heard from him in a couple of weeks tbh.
Not like him to be quite for so long, as I say hope he’s ok.

Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Could be the big Corona.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Case wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:11 pm Could be the big Corona.
Nowt a few tabs wouldn’t sort out, drupid likes a smoke, his asthma doesn’t mind.

BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ILAD wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:23 pm
Ginge wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:21 pm Havent heard from him in a couple of weeks tbh.
He’s absolutely fine
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

BlueSpark wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:19 pm
ILAD wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:23 pm
He’s absolutely fine
Good, tell him to get his arse back on here.