Taylor v MVG - War of Words

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Rout
International

Taylor v MVG - War of Words

Post by Rout »

Round 1

Taylor predicts Wright will overtake MVG as world number one and maybe Price will pass him too. Also states that MVG will struggle more and more with the family life and darts balance.

Round 2

MVG responds with

“Taylor has always made statements like that about me, but I have always been very correct with him.

"You know what it is, I am the only one who has made it difficult for him over a long period of time; he was never used to getting such competition and he was never able to digest it well. He has always seen me as a major threat,”

“I think he does this to stay in the spotlight, I’m breaking more and more of his records and before you know it, people will have forgotten about you; which is probably quite difficult for him.”

Round 3

Taylor bites back:

“Michael (Van Gerwen) will lose the fact that people are scared of him. He isn’t winning the titles like he used to,”

“Do I need publicity? Not really. I think I’ve done 30 years at the top. If he can do 20 years at the top he’ll be doing well. But he doesn’t bother me in the slightest. Do I care? No, not really. I’m quite happy where I am.

“I can’t run him down, the lad has done brilliantly. You need someone on a pedestal and Michael was the one who took over from me. But I don’t think Michael will ever get me out of his head.

Round 4

“If you look at it honestly, I hardly ever say anything about Phil Taylor and he always does about me,” he said to Dutch website Dartsnieuws. However, the world number one has no problem with that.

“He has to do what he wants. I think it pinches that he is no longer active. Phil can no longer show his qualities because he has simply become too old. That is unfortunate, but that’s the way things go in life.”

“That’s why I think he so often involves me in his story. I like that and I like to hear it. It means I have done something special. I’d rather have them talk about me than not talk about me.”
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.