ILAD
International

Re: Favourite darts moment

Post by ILAD »

Will.I.Am wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:45 pm Whats yours

Mine is when i hit a 15 darter vs Ted hankey in an exbo

100,140, 100, 60, 101
:DDD:
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Lurgan
Superleague Player

Post by Lurgan »

getting the opportunity to travel to Hull
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Lurgan wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:49 pm getting the opportunity to travel to Hull
A notoriously difficult place to get to.

Wish I still had that photo of Oche wearing the Scottish Viking helmet
UKDA 4 Life
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

Glorious
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

I remember watching that match and expecting, for all the world, that John would do what everyone else would do and collapse when Taylor came back. This was a man who got smashed by zip two years earlier. Everyone else collapsed again him. But Part didn't collapse. He regrouped, and did him. Fucking magnificent.

Made me a John Part fan forever. The man who proved Taylor was beatable, if you had the skills and the balls to do it.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Surely that was Priestly in 94.
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

ChrisW wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:31 am Surely that was Priestly in 94.
If you are old enough to remember this, you'll know the difference.

Dennis was a proven champ and in 1994 that final was a coin toss. Taylor was probably better but you'd have gotten close to even money in him winning that one.

In 2003, Part was the clear rank no. 2 in the sham that was the PDC, with its half prize money and cheap lager sponsors. He'd been smashed to ribbons by Taylor for years and had crept closer and closer without ever looking like winning since 2001. Before the first dart was thrown, he was 7-1 to win that match. Taylor was considered invincible. No-one gave John a chance. Not a single person. And he took Taylor, with his 100 average on those earlier boards, and out-gutted him when everyone had him down as a dead-beat.

It was magnificent.
Last edited by meetthefeebles on Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I think it's probably the single best win in the history of darts. Not the best match. Not the best performance. Just the best win. For all the reasons feebs has stated.

1.17.00 on that video, Taylor in the post match interview "One last word, John Part did what Alan Warriner never could".
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

meetthefeebles wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:50 am
ChrisW wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:31 am Surely that was Priestly in 94.
If you are old enough to remember this, you'll know the difference.

Dennis was a proven champ and in 1994 that final was a coin toss. Taylor was 'probably' better but you'd have gotten close to even money in him winning that one.

In 2003, Part was the clear rank no. 2 in the sham that was the PDC, with its half price money and cheap lager sponsors. He'd been smashed to ribbons by Taylor for years and had crept closer and closer without ever looking like winning since 2001. Before the first dart was thrown, he was 7-1 to win that match. Taylor was considered invincible. No-one gave John a chance. Not a single person. And he took Taylor, with his 100 average on those earlier boards, and out-gutted him when everyone had him down as a dead-beat.

It was magnificent.
100% this. It was an absolute joy to behold.
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

Rout wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:13 am I think it's probably the single best win in the history of darts. Not the best match. Not the best performance. Just the best win. For all the reasons feebs has stated.

1.17.00 on that video, Taylor in the post match interview "One last word, John Part did what Alan Warriner never could".
Even in defeat, Taylor was a spiteful, bitter little man. Made his defeat all the more enjoyable.
Wookiee
Pub Champion

Post by Wookiee »

meetthefeebles wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:51 am
Rout wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:13 am I think it's probably the single best win in the history of darts. Not the best match. Not the best performance. Just the best win. For all the reasons feebs has stated.

Even in defeat, Taylor was a spiteful, bitter little man. Made his defeat all the more enjoyable.
Was a bit funny though. Warriner was properly one of Taylor's bitches.
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

Wookiee wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:29 am
meetthefeebles wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:51 am

Was a bit funny though. Warriner was properly one of Taylor's bitches.
Oh aye. Wasn't that the year Warriner ran crying to the papers about 'Phil's Darts Club' before getting a hiding off him, again?
Last edited by meetthefeebles on Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattp
Brass Darts

Post by mattp »

Aye, 2003 the players started bitching about Taylor getting the publicity.
A few years before Warriner blanked the handshake after another Taylor whitewash
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I cant find the video for it but Warriner was sat in the studio after his QF win and was saying he is gonna bully Taylor. It was very cringeworthy. He was trying to act all angry and aggressive and it all looked ridiculous.

Then Taylor gubbed him 6-1.

Its mentioned here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 625619.stm
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

That's the one. Started saying he was going to 'punch him' if he lost, which he duly did, heavily, after which he threw no punches at all.

Taylor lived in quite a few dart's players heads back in the day.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I remember watching it at the time it was very WWE.

Thought Taylor was gonna come in and whack him with a steel chair at one point.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Mine has to be Wade winning the UK Open not long his defeat at Ally Pally to Mensur? then going into the priory which led to his bi polar diagnosis.
Thinking of one.
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

The Crusader wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:40 pm Mine has to be Wade winning the UK Open not long his defeat at Ally Pally to Mensur? then going into the priory which led to his bi polar diagnosis.
Classic moments.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

The BDO dying was my favourite darts moment, absolutely nothing can beat that.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

ILAD wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:07 pm The BDO dying was my favourite darts moment, absolutely nothing can beat that.
Even better than a player being diagnosed with a mental illness?