The Lakeside Trophy

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

The Lakeside Trophy

Post by Ginge »

I have been reliably informed, more than likely as a result of the hearing in Birmingham yesterday...
A Petition to wind up the above-named company of The British Darts Organisation Enterprises Limited, whose registered office address is at Staffordshire Knot, Pinfold Street, Wednesbury, WS10 8TE was presented on 7 September 2020 by SPORTOTAL LIMITED of 3 St Mary’s Place, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 0DZ claiming to be a Creditor of the Company, will be heard at:

Venue: High Court of Justice, Birmingham District Registry, Business and Property Courts of England and Wales, Birmingham Civil Justice Centre, Birmingham.

Date: 11 January 2021
...that yesterday evening a certain Mr Warren received a knock on his door from the plod asking for the Lakeside trophy back.
Last edited by Ginge on Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Re: The Lakeside Trophy

Post by ChrisW »

It's his until the next World Pro surely.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:35 am It's his until the next World Pro surely.
The timing can't be coincidental. It has clearly been cited as an asset of the company in court yesterday and the judge will have made an order to the plod to go and retrieve it.

Dont see how the police would even get involved otherwise in what is a contractual dispute in essence.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

My source now telling me they did actually take the trophy. Christ on a bike.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Warren has it in a safe place
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:39 am Warren has it in a safe place
No he doesnt. See above.

He did an interview a few weeks back claiming it was on his dining room table ffs.
Big Jock Knew
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:37 am
ChrisW wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:35 am It's his until the next World Pro surely.
The timing can't be coincidental. It has clearly been cited as an asset of the company in court yesterday and the judge will have made an order to the plod to go and retrieve it.

Dont see how the police would even get involved otherwise in what is a contractual dispute in essence.
I may be wrong but I can’t see how it’s a police matter, more of a civil matter that would be dealt with by court officials.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Dont think court bailiffs are operating at the moment are they? Maybe why they have asked the Police in this instance. No idea tbh.
Big Jock Knew
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

The judge though could find Warren in contempt of court unless he hands over the trophy and lock him up for hiding it.
It doesn’t belong to Warren he only has the loan, so if the winding up action says it’s an asset of BDOE and hence can be seized and sold to pay off the creditors, he has to return it.

As noted earlier the Masters trophy is more problematic as it’s in Ireland and U.K. court action doesn’t have jurisdiction there.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Police will have more important things to do surely like arrest people for sitting on park benches
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Also problematic is the trophy a certain Japanese lady has.
Big Jock Knew
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:44 am Also problematic is the trophy a certain Japanese lady has.
I have it from a good source that it is being melted down as we speak and being shipped back to the UK by Wish.com.
JFT97
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

oche balboa wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:44 am Police will have more important things to do surely like arrest people for sitting on park benches
Or finding out how Boris got to the Olympic park.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

malcy93 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:43 am The judge though could find Warren in contempt of court unless he hands over the trophy and lock him up for hiding it.
It doesn’t belong to Warren he only has the loan, so if the winding up action says it’s an asset of BDOE and hence can be seized and sold to pay off the creditors, he has to return it.

As noted earlier the Masters trophy is more problematic as it’s in Ireland and U.K. court action doesn’t have jurisdiction there.
I am hoping this is what has happened, rather than Jacklin persuing it himself and the trophy now sat in a big house near Gainsborough doing nothing.

Saying that, didnt he claim BDO-L "bought" all the trophies?
Big Jock Knew
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:51 am
malcy93 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:43 am The judge though could find Warren in contempt of court unless he hands over the trophy and lock him up for hiding it.

I am hoping this is what has happened, rather than Jacklin persuing it himself and the trophy now sat in a big house near Gainsborough doing nothing.

Saying that, didnt he claim BDO-L "bought" all the trophies?
I had same recollection. He claimed all the assets of the BDOE, so not just the trophies but did they have other stuff like the stage set ? were passed from BDOE to BDOL. Don’t think any money changed hands so a clear removal of assets.

This though can be set aside by the insolvency court as it’s a clear hiding of assets and make the BDOL return anything removed to the BDOE so the receiver can sell as part of the recovery process for debtors.
maninasuitcase
Brass Darts

Post by maninasuitcase »

Warren would have to be written to asking him to return the trophy. I'm not sure how many times he would be contacted before a High Court writ would be issued. He would get ample warnings how the court process was progressing. If he doesn't give it up then the bailiffs would then be sent to his house to retrieve it.

The police going around to his house is nonsense. Unless it was the Selectas in fancy dress impersonating plod.
$500 a day plus expenses.
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

"I'm sorry I sold it a while ago to make up the prize money I was owed and was told I could do this by someone at the BDO, it may have been Des, I'm not sure. I only got a few hundred for it anyway, some bloke in a pub told me that was all it was worth now"

Could not be proved and if the BDO wanted to dispute it they could be asked to verify the value by showing evidence of what was paid to bdoe for the asset, which the insolvency court might be interested in.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

maninasuitcase wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:57 pm
Warren would have to be written to asking him to return the trophy. I'm not sure how many times he would be contacted before a High Court writ would be issued. He would get ample warnings how the court process was progressing. If he doesn't give it up then the bailiffs would then be sent to his house to retrieve it.

The police going around to his house is nonsense. Unless it was the Selectas in fancy dress impersonating plod.
Would the process that took place at Birmingham yesterday have accelerated proceedings and brought the police into play though?
Big Jock Knew
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:47 pm
maninasuitcase wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:57 pm

Would the process that took place at Birmingham yesterday have accelerated proceedings and brought the police into play though?
The police won’t knock on a door and ask for something back, that is the job of a court bailiff. If the police knock on your door it’s because an allegation of theft has been made and he would have been arrested.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
TheWall
The Ton Club

Post by TheWall »

oche balboa wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:44 am Police will have more important things to do surely like arrest people for sitting on park benches
+1 Remember before this whole virus carry on started the police were telling us they were overstretched, needed thousands of new officers and were unabled to respond to violent crime? Found a lot of free time to harass little old ladies since lockdown began.