Who will do well from this year's tour card winners?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Who will do well from this year's tour card winners?

Post by ChrisW »

2021 PDC Qualifying Schools Tour Card Winners
UK Final Stage Winners: Kirk Shepherd, Jason Heaver, Jake Jones, Scott Mitchell
European Final Stage Winners: Geert De Vos, Geert Nentjes, Florian Hempel, Boris Koltsov
UK Final Stage OOM Tour Card Winners: Jack Main, Andrew Gilding, Martin Lukeman, Lewis Williams, Eddie Lovely, Alan Soutar, Joe Murnan, Gordon Mathers, Peter Hudson, Jon Worsley, Brett Clayton, John Brown, Danny Baggish
European Final Stage OOM Tour Card Winners: Martin Schindler, Niels Zonneveld, Raymond van Barneveld, Zoran Lerchbacher, Adam Gawlas, Michael Unterbuchner, John Michael, Robert Marijanovic

Pick 3 who you think will do the best.
And 3 who you think will do poorly.
Bomber
Superleague Player

Re: Who will do well from this year's tour card winners?

Post by Bomber »

Mitchell will win the premier league next year, Schindler will pick up a major this year and Barney will mop up a 6th world title, probably

mvg will do even more poorly this year while doctors search desperately for a cure for his continuously dropping out arsehole
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Bomber wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:09 pm Mitchell will win the premier league next year, Schindler will pick up a major this year and Barney will mop up a 6th world title, probably

mvg will do even more poorly this year while doctors search desperately for a cure for his continuously dropping out arsehole
MVG needs a winin any form be it pro tour or Amsterdam over 30s singles, he's a confidence player.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

I actually think based on this year and looking at how much waites earned doing similar scotty dog should do enough to make the top 64. Top average overall this week and looking back to his best.

Other than that I’ve not a clue, baggish looks good but how many times have we seen a decent American start off well and go off the boil once he starts going back and forwards.

Not really an out there prediction but I’ll put my money on Barney not doing the pro tour by the end of the year and pretty much giving up by next year
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:32 pm I actually think based on this year and looking at how much waites earned doing similar scotty dog should do enough to make the top 64. Top average overall this week and looking back to his best.

Other than that I’ve not a clue, baggish looks good but how many times have we seen a decent American start off well and go off the boil once he starts going back and forwards.

Not really an out there prediction but I’ll put my money on Barney not doing the pro tour by the end of the year and pretty much giving up by next year
Once the exhibitions start again rvb will lose interest rapidly.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
County Player

Post by 1205 »

ChrisW wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:00 pm 2021 PDC Qualifying Schools Tour Card Winners
UK Final Stage Winners: Kirk Shepherd, Jason Heaver, Jake Jones, Scott Mitchell
European Final Stage Winners: Geert De Vos, Geert Nentjes, Florian Hempel, Boris Koltsov
UK Final Stage OOM Tour Card Winners: Jack Main, Andrew Gilding, Martin Lukeman, Lewis Williams, Eddie Lovely, Alan Soutar, Joe Murnan, Gordon Mathers, Peter Hudson, Jon Worsley, Brett Clayton, John Brown, Danny Baggish
European Final Stage OOM Tour Card Winners: Martin Schindler, Niels Zonneveld, Raymond van Barneveld, Zoran Lerchbacher, Adam Gawlas, Michael Unterbuchner, John Michael, Robert Marijanovic

Pick 3 who you think will do the best.
And 3 who you think will do poorly.
Claydon, Marijanovic, Unterbuchner doing the worst.
A bit hard to know who'll do the worst. There's a whole mass of nothing in there.

Best:
Van Barneveld
Gawlas
Mitchell

Worst:
3 of the mass of players who recovered their cards.

But I'm very interested to see how Baggish, some of the younger players like Williams, Brown and Main, and the darts convert Hempel do.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Can you class David Evans in this, he won his card through the challenge tour last year, so he is a new card holder. Because I think he's going to have a good season.
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

I think Soutar will do reasonably well as seems to put in pretty consistent performances.
As for Baggish much will depend if he bases himself in the UK as if he travelling frequently he will suffer from jetlag which he mentioned prior to the start of Q School.

Hopefully Lewy Williams and John Brown shine as it is good to see youth coming through.
Grim Reaper
The Ton Club

Post by Grim Reaper »

1205 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:59 am Best:
Van Barneveld
Gawlas
Mitchell
Can't disagree with this, maybe add De Vos in there too.

I expect Mitchell to do fairly solidly and to be hovering around the Top 64 position after his first year.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Mitchell will do ok, Top 50 without a doubt. Unterbuchner i expect the same. Barney, Schindler, will be fine too.

Gawlas I'm not sure. The rest i believe will be back at Q School in 2023
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

nikkiboy wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:22 pm
Bomber wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:09 pm Mitchell will win the premier league next year, Schindler will pick up a major this year and Barney will mop up a 6th world title, probably

MVG needs a winin any form be it pro tour or Amsterdam over 30s singles, he's a confidence player.
he might bag something in the milton keynes over 35s single parents night but apart from that, he's finished
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Actually Soutar will be like Andy Boulton
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:Actually Soutar will be like Andy Boulton
Scottish?
Big Jock Knew
Roebuckio
Brass Darts

Post by Roebuckio »

3 best: Van Barneveld, Schindler & Gilding
3 worst: Marijanovic, Claydon & Mathers (although this might be affected by travel restrictions still?)

I reckon there will 7 or 8 who will avoid a trip to Q school 2023 and end up in the top 64 - the best named above plus Soots, Koltsov, Mitchell & Unterbuchner.
Eastbourne
Steady Sixties

Post by Eastbourne »

Of the ones I’ve at least heard of, I don’t think any will break the top 50
Freddo
The Ton Club

Post by Freddo »

Mitchell played a lot of the pro tours last year through the challenge tour and didn’t do that well. Not sure what will change this year. I’d like to see Lewis Williams do well. Seems a decent lad
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Freddo wrote:Mitchell played a lot of the pro tours last year through the challenge tour and didn’t do that well. Not sure what will change this year. I’d like to see Lewis Williams do well. Seems a decent lad
4 last 32s 4 last 64s
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:12 pm
Freddo wrote:Mitchell played a lot of the pro tours last year through the challenge tour and didn’t do that well. Not sure what will change this year. I’d like to see Lewis Williams do well. Seems a decent lad
4 last 32s 4 last 64s
But, but, but....he's a former Lakeside World Champ. How has he not got past the last 32 in any of those events?

These PDC events are won by amateurs we are told by BV and Rout - a World Professional Champion should be dominating them.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

“Bunting and Durrant don’t exist”.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Freddo wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:42 pm Mitchell played a lot of the pro tours last year through the challenge tour and didn’t do that well. Not sure what will change this year. I’d like to see Lewis Williams do well. Seems a decent lad
Mitchell played fine by average but choked. I think he'll do better this time round, with a more consistent tour.