World Seniors Darts Championships

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Re: World Seniors Darts Championships

Post by ChrisW »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:20 pm
waddle147 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:42 pm As always, the strength of the field is determined by how many world champions participate, so I'm expecting them to blow Ally Pally away.

Looks like you are not bright enough to get it so will have to explain it to you

If the PDC "invited" Wallace, fordham etc to Ally Pally it would obviously lesser the PDC product. because they are useless.They would be invitational players...not players that qualified on merit through ability. Do you understand the difference between invite and qualifying on merit and ability ?

Last year's world championship had ex winners like MVG, Cross, Wright, Anderson etc.All current players still performing at a high standard and qualified through ranking.

This pensioner thing will consist of players NOT playing at a high level but invited on what they did DECADES AGO, invited due to their name and past achievements, not on current ability. An idiot could see this was self evident.
Would taylor be able to compete today in the PDC, I think so, not at the very top but would hold his own, Anderson lowe etc would not.
Wallace would struggle to get a single win on the development tour let alone play with tourcard holders.
Wow!
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

How do people know how Taylor will perform in this.
He could have been throwing 60 averages for the last few years.
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

waddle147 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:42 pm As always, the strength of the field is determined by how many world champions participate, so I'm expecting them to blow Ally Pally away.

Looks like you are not bright enough to get it so will have to explain it to you

If the PDC "invited" Wallace, fordham etc to Ally Pally it would obviously lesser the PDC product. because they are useless.They would be invitational players...not players that qualified on merit through ability. Do you understand the difference between invite and qualifying on merit and ability ?

Last year's world championship had ex winners like MVG, Cross, Wright, Anderson etc.All current players still performing at a high standard and qualified through ranking.

This pensioner thing will consist of players NOT playing at a high level but invited on what they did DECADES AGO, invited due to their name and past achievements, not on current ability. An idiot could see this was self evident.
Would taylor be able to compete today in the PDC, I think so, not at the very top but would hold his own, Anderson lowe etc would not.
Wallace would struggle to get a single win on the development tour let alone play with tourcard holders.

aka JRWFSL147

Bitter and hardened heart...
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

It’s a seniors champs ffs the standard won’t be brilliant in the main, however I would rather watch this than some boring matchplay game between players we see all the time.
Good luck to them
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

waddle147 wrote:

AND THATS THE GAME!Image
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

ChrisW wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:47 pm How do people know how Taylor will perform in this.
true, which will only further my point more how the field in this is not about standard, or quality, just a glorified nostalgia trip., that have no comparisons to a genuine world championships.

Anyone comparing Wallace and fordham chucking their rubbish to a genuine proper World champs needs their head examined
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Little Lonely Garry
International

Maybe Jimmy Jelly legs could tell me what qualifiers Wallace , Fordham, Burnett, Lowe won to "qualify" for this.

Which players did they beat to secure their spots in this proposed event.
Is he comparing Wright, Anderson , MVG etc all ex world champions who qualified for world championships to players from decades ago invited on a whim.

As bad as lakeside was, the present day wallace and fordham would have bombed at the last Des O2 event,
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Gazmong is still trying isnt he

Edited by Admin.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Rout wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:13 pm
waddle147 wrote:

AND THATS THE GAME!Image
:DDD:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:How do people know how Taylor will perform in this.
Maybe.
Screenshot_20210403-225022_FlashScore.jpg
Screenshot_20210403-225022_FlashScore.jpg (33.65 KiB) Viewed 883 times
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

So this is a no news story. He already did one of these.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Jimmy, are you able to answer these questions, or will you deflect like others

how many ex world champions were invited to play at Ally Pally without having to qualify by the PDC ?
how many ex lakeside winner were invited to play at lakeside without having to qualify by the BDO ?

Are you saying those players that qualified for those event on merit, are comparable to Wallace and Fordham getting invites to a nostalgia Exbo ?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Aye he played a couple of Modus events in May.
Big Jock Knew
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:32 pm Maybe Jimmy Jelly legs could tell me what qualifiers Wallace , Fordham, Burnett, Lowe won to "qualify" for this.
Exactly the same amount of qualifiers Bristow, Lowe, Deller et al had to win to qualify for the first several Skol world championships, which you championed as being superior to their respective Lakesides.

If you're going to cherry pick statistics to support bad faith arguments on your blog to pursue an agenda, that's fine. Some people are evidently still silly enough to take the bait, and it's quite entertaining when they do. But when someone uses your argument to crack a harmless joke, the normal thing to do would be to take it with a bit of humour and good grace. Responding to an obviously flippant remark by launching into paragraphs and demanding answers to questions are the actions of a mentalist.
Last edited by waddle147 on Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
aka JRWFSL147

Bitter and hardened heart...
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ooofffffttt
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Ginge wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:50 pm
ChrisW wrote:How do people know how Taylor will perform in this.
Maybe.Screenshot_20210403-225022_FlashScore.jpg
😂
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

waddle147 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:49 am
Garry Murphy wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:32 pm Maybe Jimmy Jelly legs could tell me what qualifiers Wallace , Fordham, Burnett, Lowe won to "qualify" for this.
Exactly the same amount of qualifiers Bristow, Lowe, Deller et al had to win to qualify for the first several Skol world championships, which you championed as being superior to their respective Lakesides.

If you're going to cherry pick statistics to support bad faith arguments on your blog to pursue an agenda, that's fine. Some people are evidently still silly enough to take the bait, and it's quite entertaining when they do. But when someone uses your argument to crack a harmless joke, the normal thing to do would be to take it with a bit of humour and good grace. Responding to an obviously flippant remark by launching into paragraphs and demanding answers to questions are the actions of a mentalist.
Post of the Week. :DDD:
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Rout wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:04 pm Fun thing I made up: The average age of participant in this is only 8 months higher than in the PDC development tour.
Fixed
cobra
Steady Sixties

Post by cobra »

The amusing thing about this golden oldies WC is that the winner will get more money than the last winner of the BDO WC.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Rout wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:04 pm Fun thing I made up: The average age of participant in this is only 8 months higher than in the PDC development tour.
Fixed
.Image
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.