Wayne Mardle

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Darts and Twitter
Brass Darts

Wayne Mardle

Post by Darts and Twitter »

Does anyone know who was abusing Wayne on social media? I commented on his farewell Tweet asking him but didn't get a response.

Surely Twitter should be stepping in to prevent this sort of thing.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Re: Wayne Mardle

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

what sort of thing ?

you claim you dont know what happened and now here you are complaining about what you dont know happened.
Are far as i know, no one made any threats insulted his family or anything like that, from what I read it was people calling him an idiot, a guy that won nothing giving advice to players better than him.

If that is what he calls abuse, then he truly is an idiot.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

It was antifa.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Rout wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:26 pmIt was white supremacists.
Fixed to reflect Rout's genuinely insane beliefs.
Little Lonely Garry
International

DavidOwen67 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:45 pm
Rout wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:26 pmIt was white supremacists.
Fixed to reflect Rout's genuinely insane beliefs.
dont forget it was under the orders from Trump.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Crowder did an experiment on youtube where some people abused someone on twitter and it didnt cause them to leave twitter.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Are you a psychologist?
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Darts and Twitter
Brass Darts

Garry Murphy wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:11 pm what sort of thing ?

you claim you dont know what happened and now here you are complaining about what you dont know happened.
Are far as i know, no one made any threats insulted his family or anything like that, from what I read it was people calling him an idiot, a guy that won nothing giving advice to players better than him.

Abuse is more than threats and insulting someone's family. If people were making malicious comments about him then that counts as abuse as well.

I find it difficult to believe that he left social media just because people were calling him an idiot. But even if that is the case then it is not really called for. He was only offering his advice and opinions. He was not insulting anyone.

Twitter and social media should have a zero tolerance policy against abuse. It is damaging to the players mental health and people in general.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Darts and Twitter wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:05 pm

Abuse is more than threats and insulting someone's family. If people were making malicious comments about him then that counts as abuse as well.

I find it difficult to believe that he left social media just because people were calling him an idiot. But even if that is the case then it is not really called for. He was only offering his advice and opinions. He was not insulting anyone.

Twitter and social media should have a zero tolerance policy against abuse. It is damaging to the players mental health and people in general.
How can you lecture on what people might have said when you dont know what was said.,

do you realize how ridiculous that sounds
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Then stay away from it, it’s not rocket science.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Little Lonely Garry
International

ILAD wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:15 pm

the same guy crying that mardle might have been called an idiot is too dense to realize Mardle himself once joined a darts forum and proceeeded to call the members idiots, then boasted about himself and left in a sulk.

Why is it okay for him to call people idiots and not ok for others to say it to him.
Darts and Twitter
Brass Darts

Then the trolls win.

People should be held accountable for their online behaviour especially when it hurts the mental health of others.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Darts and Twitter wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:21 pm

Then the trolls win.

People should be held accountable for their online behaviour especially when it hurts the mental health of others.
yeah....you should contact ,Mardle then and berate him too
Darts and Twitter
Brass Darts

Garry Murphy wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:17 pm

the same guy crying that mardle might have been called an idiot is too dense to realize Mardle himself once joined a darts forum and proceeeded to call the members idiots, then boasted about himself and left in a sulk.

Why is it okay for him to call people idiots and not ok for others to say it to him.
You don't understand context do you?

There is no need to insult someone for simply having an opinion or offering helpful advice.

You can't blame Mardle for calling others idiots when confronted with abuse and wonderful comments.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Let me just go and get a pen
Little Lonely Garry
International

Darts and Twitter wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:39 pm

There is no need to insult someone for simply having an opinion or offering helpful advice.

You can't blame Mardle for calling others idiots when confronted with abuse and wonderful comments.
are you stupid ?
I have already told you Mardle once joined a forum and started calling people idiots, berated their income whilst boasting of his own.
So if people give him the same back then he deserves it.

run along you hypocrite
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Darts and Twitter wrote:

Welcome to TSOD.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Didn't Garry have a wee cry the other week about twitter abuse.
Little Lonely Garry
International

ChrisW wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:48 pm Didn't Garry have a wee cry the other week about twitter abuse.
show me where this happened ?
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

I thought he was in a huff as he berated Cross for poor play in his Sky commentary and then Cross and his fans answered him back.

Made the very good point Cross is a former World and Matchplay champion, what major has Mardle ever won.

I think commentators should be held accountable for the crap they spew out. They are never picked up on this by the programme hosts whether it’s on Sky or ITV4.