71%

Total votes: 31

Rout
International

Commentator WC Last 16 - Bristow v Mardle

Post by Rout »

Urgh.

Eric Bristow v Wayne Mardle

You have 48 hours to vote. Once voted cannot be changed.
Attachments
Bristow.png
Bristow.png (207.36 KiB) Viewed 537 times
Mardle.png
Mardle.png (290.71 KiB) Viewed 537 times
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Re: Commentator WC Last 16 - Bristow v Mardle

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

a multiple world champion with plenty of experience of winning titles,who called it as he saw it, even if he did mumble

or a guy that has never won a thing in his life, who thinks he is in a position to offer advice and criticize those who achieved more in the game, and he is a rat and all round prick who once boasted about his income, and needs chapstick every time barney the sugar dodger plays, and hypes up false "needle" but shys away from mentioning anything where there is real needle.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

If I was allowed to pick any player from the history of the game to commentate, I'd choose Mardle.
aka JRWFSL147

Bitter and hardened heart...
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Bristow wasn't really a commentator though was he.
Just used to fill when someone needed a break.
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

Tremendous player, inspirational and ground-breaking.

Awful person.

Awful commentator.
aka JRWFSL147

Little Lonely Garry
International

ChrisW wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:09 pm Bristow wasn't really a commentator though was he.
what did he do when he fell in ?
Was it actual commentary by any chance ?
Maybe that is why he is in the poll for ...wait for it... commentary
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Garry Murphy wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:41 pm
ChrisW wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:09 pm Bristow wasn't really a commentator though was he.
what did he do when he fell in ?
Usually got very merry :)
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

waddle147 wrote:If I was allowed to pick any player from the history of the game to commentate, I'd choose Mardle.
Really? Why?
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

Garry Murphy wrote:a multiple world champion with plenty of experience of winning titles,who called it as he saw it, even if he did mumble

or a guy that has never won a thing in his life, who thinks he is in a position to offer advice and criticize those who achieved more in the game, and he is a rat and all round prick who once boasted about his income, and needs chapstick every time barney the sugar dodger plays, and hypes up false "needle" but shys away from mentioning anything where there is real needle.
I presume you will be voting Part and Bristow all the way to the final?
Little Lonely Garry
International

meetthefeebles wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:06 pm
Garry Murphy wrote:a multiple world champion with plenty of experience of winning titles,who called it as he saw it, even if he did mumble

I presume you will be voting Part and Bristow all the way to the final?
I have no idea of the draw or who is left, I dont vote in the all of them either.

but part, croft, bristow waddell among my favorites, even if waddell went mental at the end, part is disgustingly fat which makes for a dismal visual, bristow mumbled and slurred, and croft at times seemed a little to insincere when trying to act all hyped.

but they are leagues ahead of gwynne, rawling, mardle etc
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

meetthefeebles wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:04 pm
waddle147 wrote:If I was allowed to pick any player from the history of the game to commentate, I'd choose Mardle.
Really? Why?
He's the best at player analysis because he'll put more work into researching the players than anyone else.

He's not afraid to fall out with the players through giving his opinion.

I view the mongy stuff like handing out the t-shirts for fancy dressed fans as a necessary evil imposed by the broadcaster. If we have to do that, then unquestionably he's the best at it.
aka JRWFSL147

Little Lonely Garry
International

waddle147 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:39 pm
Really? Why?
He's the best at player analysis because he'll put more work into researching the players than anyone else.

he said on air that Rob Cross, an ex world champion, was doing things wrong,
mardle a choking fat twat who was famous for dancing with an inflatable palm tree, but shitting his load to kirk shepherd and his average in the 80 suddenly thinks he knows better than ex world champ.

On what planet does he think he is in a position to dictate why better players than him have to do /

The same dancing clown who tries to hype imaginary needle, but will go silent if there was any real needle/

A simpleton who thinks if he adds a bit of self deprecation to his stale one trick pony act he will come across as funny instead of the nauseating insufferable jobber twat he is
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

Garry Murphy wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:46 pm
Really? Why?

mardle a choking fat twat who was famous for dancing with an inflatable palm tree, but shitting his load to kirk shepherd and his average in the 80 suddenly thinks he knows better than ex world champ.

On what planet does he think he is in a position to dictate why better players than him have to do /

The same dancing clown who tries to hype imaginary needle, but will go silent if there was any real needle/

A simpleton who thinks if he adds a bit of self deprecation to his stale one trick pony act he will come across as funny instead of the nauseating insufferable jobber twat he is
I thought he was wrong there, but it doesn't particularly matter. I remember Taylor snapping at him over an innocuous question about Kevin Painter, and he didn't back down.

For versatility and reliability, you're not going to get any better. I'd agree that he plays up the buffoon angle to obfuscate a very sharp mind.
aka JRWFSL147

meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

waddle147 wrote:
Really? Why?

I view the mongy stuff like handing out the t-shirts for fancy dressed fans as a necessary evil imposed by the broadcaster. If we have to do that, then unquestionably he's the best at it.
His commentary is dreadful, though. He shouts, he screams, he rambles on and on, he thinks he's a comedian.

'The mongy stuff' isn't just handing out t-shirts. It's his commentary.

I agree he's a good analyst but this isn't an analyst contest. It's a commentary contest.
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

Garry Murphy wrote:
Really? Why?

I don't want to waste life going over this again, but if Sky think Mardle is sufficiently qualified to comment on live darts, including the mechanics of the throw of other players, then he'd be a fool not to do it.

And Cross was perfectly entitled to tell him to piss off.
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

meetthefeebles wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:55 pm
waddle147 wrote:
Really? Why?

His commentary is dreadful, though. He shouts, he screams, he rambles on and on, he thinks he's a comedian.

'The mongy stuff' isn't just handing out t-shirts. It's his commentary.

I agree he's a good analyst but this isn't an analyst contest. It's a commentary contest.
I'd say his commentary style perfectly fits the PDC product, where crowd interaction and the notion of "fun" come first. It would be out of place for a commentator to play it 100% straight in a match like Price/Dimitri at the Matchplay.

He would not commentate like that at Lakeside.
aka JRWFSL147

Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

I think Mardle is great too. But I liked him as a player, and understand I’m very much in the minority there.
Little Lonely Garry
International

meetthefeebles wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:57 pm
Garry Murphy wrote:
Really? Why?

I don't want to waste life going over this again, but if Sky think Mardle is sufficiently qualified to comment on live darts, including the mechanics of the throw of other players, then he'd be a fool not to do it.

And Cross was perfectly entitled to tell him to piss off.
oh you are not going to go over this again ?
Really ?

To use your own words "It's a commentary contest. and I dont like him as a commentator.
I could not give 2 shiny shits what he earns, what policy sky might or might not dictate,He is insufferable on....wait for it...commentary.
His self deprecation, his tired routine that was never any good, his arse kissing of the sugar dodger alone sickened me.He is biased, shows no impartiality when it comes to certain players, and his supposed knowledge, is limited.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Is there any examples of Bristow commentating on youtube or elsewhere?
Little Lonely Garry
International

ChrisW wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:23 pm Is there any examples of Bristow commentating on youtube or elsewhere?
go look on you tube, or elsewhere

you want it, you go look for it