I can't see the post that caused this responseImage
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Rout
International

Re: Lakeside 2023

Post by Rout »

Duffs response

Richard Ashdown without getting embroiled in a social media row I've said what everyone else is saying privately ( devil's advocate )
At least furnish me with answers to questions I've asked all along and been ignored until now when u take offence.
1. The cut off time throughout 2022 and every other year has been the conclusion of the world masters. Guys have spent money , travelled her , there and everywhere to secure the much desired top 16 place for the worlds. Now 2 weeks after the cut off the rules have changed. Why?
2. What loyalty does the WDF have to the PDC ? They made it very clear they don't want anything to do with the WDF so why schedule our worlds round them ?
And 3 when social media was going crazy over the worlds date being set , the masters info etc etc etc where were u?
I'll doff my cap to Nick Rolls he absorbed the abuse yet still found time to speak to players and try to make us feel like we were worth something to the WDF.
All we (players) ever want is to be included, to feel like the loyalty given out to our organisation was being returned.
So if u want to single me out that's fine , I only say what everyone else thinks
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

And Ashdowns response back

You’re implying that I’ve ignored you? You’ve never asked me any of these questions before.

The rules have changed because the event is now 11 months later. 2022 points are protected and I believe the world championship should be seeded correctly at the time it’s played, with the best 16 eligible players seeded.

I’ve already answered you with regards to the PDC. We are doing what’s best for the WDF players. This isn’t for the PDC. It’s for the players that play in the WDF system that also want to play at Q-School, just as many of those who qualified for Lakeside 2022 did in January. We are adapting to darts in the current climate. It makes sense to most everyone else and should have been done years ago.

Where was I, you ask? I was busy trying to secure you all a world championship for a further 3 years, hence the reason you had no date confirmed until now. It’s a voluntary role and I don’t have to justify the time spent on it, but it’s has dominated my life to the detriment of my own health and happiness. I have never avoided you or anyone and you cannot find me one player or official that’s ever contacted me and that I’ve ignored.

The one thing we agree on is the integrity of Nick Rolls. He’s the man you should all support in taking the WDF forward. If my efforts (or lack of) have made players feel worthless and that you are only saying what everyone else thinks, then there should be no further qualms in me leaving it to those who know better. Maybe you could help Nick and the team going forward. It would be much appreciated.

And don’t even start with me and the “loyalty” word. I know I’ve done my best for the sport with no personal gain or agenda whatsoever, other than genuine passion for what the WDF, the Lakeside and the World Masters actually means to darts.

For the first time, I am now choosing myself. You rightly singled me out and said you were speaking for many. Not the other way around, so it’s certainly nothing personal to you. I’m simply responding to a post from you with my name in it.

Merry Christmas, Neil. I look forward to watching you next year and hopefully see you soon!
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Rout wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:05 pm A very sensible time to have it.
Pretty much perfect in the calendar.

But the 2-year ranking is a problem, because that means players who drop off the PDC Main Tour will find it harder to qualify, and in doing so that could discourage them from playing in anything but the top WDF events.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

And now the countdown begins to the inevitable post from Tommy Thompson explaining how much better choice the Tri Nations would have been for all ....

Just to complete the cycle the WDF can now instate that incredibly successful business partnership of the Jacklins to the role to save the World of amateur darts
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

1205 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:29 pm

But the 2-year ranking is a problem, because that means players who drop off the PDC Main Tour will find it harder to qualify, and in doing so that could discourage them from playing in anything but the top WDF events.
I agree there and the world masters now where is best time to fit that as was in that date previous
only issue is they just had the qualifiers for it and and some of them might get enough points to get in thru main table
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

anyone surprise by this shower of complete imbeciles ?

morons the lot of them, its like the bdo all over again, unintentional comedy and an embarrassment

as for little richard, who could ever foreseen that a short arse could have a victim complex
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
County Player

Post by 1205 »

foggs3355 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:11 am
1205 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:29 pm

I agree there and the world masters now where is best time to fit that as was in that date previous
only issue is they just had the qualifiers for it and and some of them might get enough points to get in thru main table
Depends what you want to avoid.
In August clash with CDC and DT.
End of September clash with PCs.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Little Lonely Garry wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:48 pm anyone surprise by this shower of complete imbeciles ?

morons the lot of them, its like the bdo all over again, unintentional comedy and an embarrassment

as for little richard, who could ever foreseen that a short arse could have a victim complex
I bet you got your cock erect at the thought. It's the only thing that keeps you going
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Has there been any criticism towards Duff? He was pretty direct in his statement towards Ashdown. I wonder if mist side with him?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

devosteve wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:48 pm Has there been any criticism towards Duff? He was pretty direct in his statement towards Ashdown. I wonder if mist side with him?
Quite a bit. And rightly so. What has Ashdown done wrong? He's not the fall guy.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Duff is a hypocrite. He moaned about players that won tour cards playing in the WDF , even though said players had qualified by right, whilst then live on tv began crawling like a beggar hoping for an invite to the Grand Slam and was too ignorant to see his double standards. Like Wayne Warren and so many others, a jobber who had a lucky week in a field of jobbers and it has gone to his head.

And that is what bothered him in my opinion was how the WDF were not more dominant towards the PDC, which they were in no position to be.
This is the same prick who was as reigning WDF champion had no problem claiming he would skip the WDF champs if it clashed with the seniors and showed he had zero loyalty, and now acts like he suddenly cares
The cunt has zero self awareness

Wont be long before he posts some more bullshit, gets called on it, deletes his twitter account and starts the same process all over again
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

You tell em Garry.

Nowt worse than precious twats on twitter.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Rout wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:59 am You tell em Garry.

Nowt worse than precious twats on twitter.
😂

So angry he forgot to start the clock.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

As you may already know, I have made the decision to resign from my position with the World Darts Federation as Chief Development Officer. My sincere thanks go to the WDF Executive and WDF Promotions for the opportunity, responsibility and support given to me over the past 3 years. I have only positive thoughts and good wishes for the future of the WDF.

Having been asked to come on board with the WDF during a turbulent time for the sport in 2019, I wanted to support grass roots darts in restructuring the WDF, to the benefit of all players worldwide. We had to act quickly, and thankfully the member nations came together and got behind the new ranking system. An increase from 80 ranking events in 2019 to 130 ranking events set to take place in over 40 countries in 2020 was testament indeed to that commitment.

And then, the Covid-19 pandemic happened. We continued to work on the rules and on the calendar going forward so that we would be ready once the world of darts began to turn again. Two major events, the World Masters and the World Championships were our priority, to reward the top WDF players at the end of each season. Despite our best efforts, those events (scheduled for Dec 2021 and Jan 2022 respectively) suffered further setbacks due to ongoing Coronavirus restrictions.

Thankfully, in April 2022, we could finally deliver what had been promised. A return to the iconic Lakeside stage for the WDF World Championships. 9 days of live darts on Eurosport, first class coverage and £300,000 in prize money. It was something the WDF could be proud of, with an increase to 48 men and 24 women, the addition of 4 boys and 2 girls in separate youth events and global representation upon the stage. On a personal note, I was also delighted to return to the Lakeside with many of my dear friends and colleagues. It really did feel like mission accomplished for us all.

However, the hard work had to continue, but I will be open and honest in saying I have suffered a great deal with mental health issues over the past 3 years, and none more so than during August/September 2022. Unfortunately, it forced my absence from the WDF Europe Cup in Spain and the Winmau World Masters in the Netherlands. Two events that have always been very close to my heart. Fortunately, with medical advice and the help and support of my wife, family and friends, I am taking the necessary steps to be well again.

Things are also changing in the wider darting world. Calendar clashes are becoming increasingly problematic for all organisations, as we all strive for what’s best for the sport. The WDF system that I put in place in January 2020 with the support of the member countries now falls under heavy criticism from many, due to restrictions in prize money allocation for men and women, the number of events held per nation, the grading of ranking events and the proposed player levy for future tournaments.

When I first addressed the WDF at the 2019 AGM, I quoted my friend and mentor Bobby George, on something he always said to me about the BDO. “We have the biggest ship in the harbour, but there is no wind in the sail. If there is wind, we can sail around the world. With no wind, you can’t even get the ship out of the harbour.”

We needed more help from the nations, and in our first full year we received it. It’s with genuine thanks to them that the World Championship and World Masters were viable at all. When you look at the results of the recent World Masters and Lakeside qualifiers, you can see just how global the WDF is, with so many nations represented across the men’s, women’s, boys and girls tournaments.

Due to the current economic climate, member nations are now getting restless, and I can understand that. But with the changes proposed and voted in at the recent WDF AGM, it makes my original WDF development plan of 3 years ago ineffective in many ways. There is also public discontent being aired amongst many of the leading WDF players, most notably the recent views regarding my personal agenda from reigning WDF World Champion, Neil Duff.

I would like to emphasise that I had already made the decision to resign from the WDF in late November. I informed the WDF Executive personally, before any social media views were aired by Neil, myself, or anyone else. It was a voluntary role that I took on wholeheartedly. I just wanted to help the WDF, and I think I did!

To secure the 2023 WDF World Championship at all was a feat that many could not even begin to understand. For it to be met with such distain from so many that it ultimately benefits for the long term is difficult for me to understand. I will stand by the final statement I made as Chief Development Officer. “We believe that a further 12 months of transition will result in a stronger WDF structure for the next 12 years, and beyond.” If I am proved wrong in the long run, I can honestly say hand on heart, it wasn’t for the lack of trying.

So, with all of that in mind, I now feel that I have exhausted my efforts with the WDF. It is time for me to move on, for my own good as a professional within the sport of darts and most importantly, as a person. It is time for me to choose myself.

I truly believe the World Darts Federation still has key role to play, and as the official governing body, a responsibility to provide a stable global structure. It has so many good people doing good things all around the world. The gentleman currently leading the way is my friend and colleague, Nick Rolls No one has been more supportive to me, the WDF, the nations and the players. Thank you, Nick!

Players and nations, f you want to WDF to succeed, you only need to do two things that should be completely natural for you all to do. TRUST Nick and SUPPORT Nick.

Thank you, WDF. It’s been an honour to serve!
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Did he get TT to scribe that?
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Black Velvet wrote:Did he get TT to scribe that?
I was thinking exactly the same!

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Well out of it all.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Lets duff off the hook then. Though I do wonder if he will make a.public apology for some of his comments?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

devosteve wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:39 pm Lets duff off the hook then. Though I do wonder if he will make a.public apology for some of his comments?
Probably not the guy seems to think he is speaking for the darts community. I doubt it.
Complete tool.
He should apologise and then do more to promote the WDF other than saying he wouldn't attend their WC.