Wade wins a lot when he shoudlnt............luck or class?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
OllyNufc180
County Player

Wade wins a lot when he shoudlnt............luck or class?

Post by OllyNufc180 »

Hi all,

ive noticed that James Wade wins a lot of very close gams that really he should have lost based on the position his opponent was in and the standard he plays at for most of the game.......

for example............in the CLD for the first 2 dayd he has won a lot of very close games when he was say 3-0, 4-1 down........now is this because people know theyve got a big chance of getting a big win, so bottle it, or is wade just a very gritty and steally character which isnt flustered by much who can comeback back very well??

lloyd was 0-3 up on him today and had match darts so it was in lloyds hands to win and not just down to wades brilliance to come back.............walsh did exactly the same yesterday.................today he beat stompe 6-5, nicholson 6-4, lloyd 6-5, lewis 6-5 ..........all close games and a lot of them his opponent should have won, yet wade won them!

i am not a big fan of wade and i posted this as i find myself thinking 'lucky bugger' everytime he pulls of a win after being lack-luster for most of it and not looking interested...................

another example is when he beat the pieman in blackpool this year..............smith really should have beat him but didnt and again wade clinched a close encounter his opponent should have won......................wades class and presence can get him out of many games as he has a steally game and is one of those players you dont want to give a chance to ...........for example today, stompe missed darts at a double and wade was on 100.....as i expected he checked out the ton in 2 darts.................................................to me though, wades seemingly diss-interested attitude in games can make some players quite easily beat him if they are in the right frame of mind.........when players dont bottle it and think about any comeback and just do the job on him he can get beaten quite easily at times.............players like anderson and whitlock proved that today with 6-0 wins, doing a proffesional job on the below par wade............thats why he has went out of many comps early to the likes of lloyd in the euro's , ayres in the uk open and got easily beaten by the focused barney in the matchplay.

wade is a great player and definatley up there with barney, whitlock, anderson but his tendancy to be diss-interested and unproffesional can come back to haunt him if he doesnt turn up on the day and plays a focues player.............yet his luck or class can see him win games he really should have lost..........................a funny player is wade imo :P :IIII:
ralph cifaretto
Pub Champion

Re: Wade wins a lot when he shoudlnt............luck or class?

Post by ralph cifaretto »

Olly beat me 4-0 twice in TSOD online darts league. Skill or blatant cheating (due to the nature of online games)? :angry4: :| :D
OllyNufc180
County Player

Post by OllyNufc180 »

ralph cifaretto wrote:Olly beat me 4-0 twice in TSOD online darts league. Skill or blatant cheating (due to the nature of online games)? :angry4: :| :D
:WWWW:
TROUBLEAGAIN
Superleague Player

Post by TROUBLEAGAIN »

Not sure i fully understand what your getting at Olly- But im guessing that it looks like Wade is winning ugly at the moment on pure talent rather than hard work- I'll ask him next month :D ..
OllyNufc180
County Player

Post by OllyNufc180 »

TROUBLEAGAIN wrote:Not sure i fully understand what your getting at Olly- But im guessing that it looks like Wade is winning ugly at the moment on pure talent rather than hard work- I'll ask him next month :D ..
i dont think i know what i'm getting at either, i'm just letting my opinions be known :WWWW:

i just think he;s a funny player
and the Iron Fist
Superleague Player

Post by and the Iron Fist »

I think the guy above nailed it. Wade has a tendency to coast on his natural talent. I used to get frustrated seing him play crap and win (the 2009 Worlds was the most annoying example of it) but nowadays I just think it's down to his opponent not to let him get away with it and if he does then fair play to him. There's a lot of players who have the talent but not the bottle - better to be James Wade than one of those people.
"It seems he thinks he is entitled to say what he likes" - 'Gadffi' Dicie on and the Iron Fist.
Krispy
County Player

Post by Krispy »

Wade's obviously got talent. and you don't fluke all the major tournament wins he got a couple of years back.

he's just unfocused - and a lot of the time that's possibly due to the booze.
Webmaster and editor/writer of the PDC fansite; Darts, Beers & Cheers!, and Exhibition and Open Tournament database.
Play (terribly) for Stilton Country Club.
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Krispy wrote:Wade's obviously got talent. and you don't fluke all the major tournament wins he got a couple of years back.

he's just unfocused - and a lot of the time that's possibly due to the booze.

Iv tasted that orange juice.......... by jesus it near blew the head off me....
POWER 15...
Brass Darts

Post by POWER 15... »

You make your own luck
Spud180
Pub Champion

Post by Spud180 »

When u can win games and not be at your best is a spirit of a champion, as they know how to grind out wins when not on top form, which u cant say for many top dart players as when they play shit, they usually get well beaten.
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Spud180 wrote:When u can win games and not be at your best is a spirit of a champion, as they know how to grind out wins when not on top form, which u cant say for many top dart players as when they play poo, they usually get well beaten.

+1.
JP 180
The Ton Club

Post by JP 180 »

To put yourself in with a chance of getting a lucky win is class imo.
Theres alot more to come from this little upstart yet ;)

If you were getting lucky wins in say 18 darts and throwing 2nd i would say thats a lucky win.
But Jimmer puts himself in the frame to scrape a win in 15 and its lucky, no Olly thats class.
If The Power never had two 9 darters in the prem lge finals i think James would have retained the tittle.

Regards

JP
OllyNufc180
County Player

Post by OllyNufc180 »

people are forgetting that i do still think james is one of the top players around and right up there with all behind taylor.................i will stick to my opinion that he gets lucky alot however he class at times makes that luck
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Personally, I reckon when Wade wins, it's because he has taken out more legs or sets of 501 than his opponent in reaching te intended target.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Gringo
Pub Champion

Post by Gringo »

When Wade is on form I think hes the only player that can beat Phil's A game...Top Class player and still only a young man, think its just his consistency or lack of practice(?) that lets him down.
and the Iron Fist
Superleague Player

Post by and the Iron Fist »

rout wrote:Personally, I reckon when Wade wins, it's because he has taken out more legs or sets of 501 than his opponent in reaching te intended target.

Controversial! :D

It's a fair point though. Luck actually plays no part whatsoever in a game of darts. We say 'ooh, unlucky" if a player puts a dart right on the wire but if he'd thrown it differently it would have found the desired taget. It's all ballistics - pure physics. Bar cheating / gamesmanship the better man always wins.
"It seems he thinks he is entitled to say what he likes" - 'Gadffi' Dicie on and the Iron Fist.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

and the Iron Fist wrote:
rout wrote:Personally, I reckon when Wade wins, it's because he has taken out more legs or sets of 501 than his opponent in reaching te intended target.

It's a fair point though. Luck actually plays no part whatsoever in a game of darts. We say 'ooh, unlucky" if a player puts a dart right on the wire but if he'd thrown it differently it would have found the desired taget. It's all ballistics - pure physics. Bar cheating / gamesmanship the better man always wins.
Couldn't agree more.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

rout wrote:
and the Iron Fist wrote:

Couldn't agree more.
The better man on the day usually wins, I get fed up with losing players spouting out crap like "I should have won, I had 12 darts at a double in the final leg to win"
Absolute b0ll0cks, if a player can't hit the double no matter how far he is in front then he doesnt deserve to win, there's no luck involved only skill.

Regards Paddy
:bat:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
TROUBLEAGAIN
Superleague Player

Post by TROUBLEAGAIN »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
rout wrote:
and the Iron Fist wrote:

Couldn't agree more.
The better man on the day usually wins, I get fed up with losing players spouting out crap like "I should have won, I had 12 darts at a double in the final leg to win"
Absolute b0ll0cks, if a player can't hit the double no matter how far he is in front then he doesnt deserve to win, there's no luck involved only skill.

Regards Paddy

I forget who was that guy who said scoring for show doubles for dough- most astute man in the game...CHEERS BOBBY !!!!
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
rout wrote:
and the Iron Fist wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

Regards Paddy
Yup. Same as the people who get shocked when a BDO players beats a PDC player, or when a high ranked PDC player goes out on the floor in a best of 11 to a lesser known name and its branded a "shock".

Its a game of ridiculously fine margins, we can rank players by how often they win and how often they pick up trophies but theres pub players capable of hitting 180s for fun and theres to players capable of hitting fourty odds for fun. Theres no luck, theres few shocks - its a very straightforward game - as simple as they come really
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.