World Grand Prix - Day 3

The funniest, wierdest and wildest topics all in one place, preserved for posterity along with classic threads from the BDO and PDC world championships, the Grand Slam of Darts and more
User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23764
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: World Grand Prix - Day 3

Post by Paddy McGinty » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:04 pm

Bradders wrote:Aha, found this:

5.11.04 A Game Shot called by a Referee is valid only if the thrown darts;
(i) achieve the required finish and
(ii) remain in the dartboard until retrieved by the Player whose Throw it was at the time
of calling the Game Shot. A leg is not completed until all darts are retrieved from the
dartboard by the Player who has thrown.

http://www.thedra.compsyswebdesign.com/ ... ONAUTH.pdf


So you were wrong, guessing is a dodgy business Brads, is a game shot the same as a match shot?

PADDY
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 60633
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: World Grand Prix - Day 3

Post by Ginge » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:06 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Bradders wrote:Aha, found this:

5.11.04 A Game Shot called by a Referee is valid only if the thrown darts;
(i) achieve the required finish and
(ii) remain in the dartboard until retrieved by the Player whose Throw it was at the time
of calling the Game Shot. A leg is not completed until all darts are retrieved from the
dartboard by the Player who has thrown.

http://www.thedra.compsyswebdesign.com/ ... ONAUTH.pdf


So you were wrong, guessing is a dodgy business Brads, is a game shot the same as a match shot?

PADDY


Well a match shot is just a game shot, however its the final leg of the match. So I guess the same applies. The referee never says "match shot", he says "game shot, and the match".

I imagine the above would hardly ever come to play, spirit of the game and all that. Imagine if Taylor had just beaten Jenkins 18-4 at the Matchplay and after bounding around the stage for a few seconds, the dart fell out of D16. Do you reckon Jenks would get them to carry on?

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23764
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: World Grand Prix - Day 3

Post by Paddy McGinty » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:08 pm

Bradders wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Bradders wrote:Aha, found this:

5.11.04 A Game Shot called by a Referee is valid only if the thrown darts;
(i) achieve the required finish and
(ii) remain in the dartboard until retrieved by the Player whose Throw it was at the time
of calling the Game Shot. A leg is not completed until all darts are retrieved from the
dartboard by the Player who has thrown.

http://www.thedra.compsyswebdesign.com/ ... ONAUTH.pdf


So you were wrong, guessing is a dodgy business Brads, is a game shot the same as a match shot?

PADDY


Well a match shot is just a game shot, however its the final leg of the match. So I guess the same applies. The referee never says "match shot", he says "game shot, and the match".

I imagine the above would hardly ever come to play, spirit of the game and all that. Imagine if Taylor had just beaten Jenkins 18-4 at the Matchplay and after bounding around the stage for a few seconds, the dart fell out of D16. Do you reckon Jenks would get them to carry on?



Yes I think he would, after all rules are rules.

Regards Paddy

:bat:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

sammilovestatts
Brass Darts
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:44 pm

Re: World Grand Prix - Day 3

Post by sammilovestatts » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:37 pm

COME ON THE WANDERER!!!! :headbang:

User avatar
hang the dj
County Player
Posts: 4804
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: World Grand Prix - Day 3

Post by hang the dj » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:43 pm

What if the darts fall out when Taylor is signing the board?

User avatar
TROUBLEAGAIN
Superleague Player
Posts: 1760
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:21 am
Location: North Wales

Re: World Grand Prix - Day 3

Post by TROUBLEAGAIN » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:49 pm

hang the dj wrote:What if the darts fall out when Taylor is signing the board?


Impossible his darts are magnets to the desired target they never fall out..

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 60633
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: World Grand Prix - Day 3

Post by Ginge » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:32 pm

This is a laugh:

On the Sky website in his preview for Anderson/Baxter, Sid Waddell mentions Phil Taylor more than he mentions either Anderson or Baxter:

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/ ... 75,00.html

:MAD: :MAD:

User avatar
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member
Posts: 23126
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: World Grand Prix - Day 3

Post by spaceman70 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:36 pm

Bradders wrote:This is a laugh:

On the Sky website in his preview for Anderson/Baxter, Sid Waddell mentions Phil Taylor more than he mentions either Anderson or Baxter:

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/ ... 75,00.html

:MAD: :MAD:


In the preview for Anderson v Painter, he mentions Baxter once, Painter twice, Anderson twice and Taylor 4 times :roll:
Member of the Peter Manley Fan Club Member of the Ted Hankey Fan Club

Steve Egerton = Idi Admin

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 60633
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: World Grand Prix - Day 3

Post by Ginge » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:38 pm

Oh yeah, he plays Painter!

Either way, it's nuts.

User avatar
Rudy
County Player
Posts: 3535
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 11:42 am
Location: Zoetermeer, Holland

Re: World Grand Prix - Day 3

Post by Rudy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:46 pm

OK indeed Brad, but the other previews are not that bad in that he remains silent about Taylor (he must have used that delete button reluctantly though). ;)

User avatar
Mr Glass
County Player
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:04 pm
Location: unbreakable

Re: World Grand Prix - Day 3

Post by Mr Glass » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:20 pm

Bradders wrote:Section 5.24 covers tie Break, and the same rules apply Dave. The player can throw again in the event of a bounce-out

Cheers Bradders.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. Elijah Price

and the Iron Fist
Superleague Player
Posts: 1413
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 4:33 am

Re: World Grand Prix - Day 3

Post by and the Iron Fist » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:29 pm

Sorry, imbecilic error.
Last edited by and the Iron Fist on Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It seems he thinks he is entitled to say what he likes" - 'Gadffi' Dicie on and the Iron Fist.

and the Iron Fist
Superleague Player
Posts: 1413
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 4:33 am

Re: World Grand Prix - Day 3

Post by and the Iron Fist » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:33 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Bradders wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Bradders wrote:Aha, found this:

5.11.04 A Game Shot called by a Referee is valid only if the thrown darts;
(i) achieve the required finish and
(ii) remain in the dartboard until retrieved by the Player whose Throw it was at the time
of calling the Game Shot. A leg is not completed until all darts are retrieved from the
dartboard by the Player who has thrown.

http://www.thedra.compsyswebdesign.com/ ... ONAUTH.pdf


So you were wrong, guessing is a dodgy business Brads, is a game shot the same as a match shot?

PADDY


Well a match shot is just a game shot, however its the final leg of the match. So I guess the same applies. The referee never says "match shot", he says "game shot, and the match".

I imagine the above would hardly ever come to play, spirit of the game and all that. Imagine if Taylor had just beaten Jenkins 18-4 at the Matchplay and after bounding around the stage for a few seconds, the dart fell out of D16. Do you reckon Jenks would get them to carry on?



Yes I think he would, after all rules are rules.

Regards Paddy

:bat:



What? At 18 - 4 down? I think he'd want off stage as soon as possible. He'd prolly put the dart back in double 16 himself!
"It seems he thinks he is entitled to say what he likes" - 'Gadffi' Dicie on and the Iron Fist.

foggs3355
International
Posts: 7009
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: World Grand Prix - Day 3

Post by foggs3355 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:37 pm

i think there will be some close games tonight with anderson going to the last set but phill will not break sweat

6.00pm Wayne Jones 3 v 1 Steve Brown
7.30pm Terry Jenkins 3 v 2 Adrian Lewis
9.00pm Phil Taylor 3 v 0 Andy Smith ( 3-1 3-2 3-0 ) that how the sets will go i think
10.30pm Gary Anderson 3 v 2 Kevin Painter

User avatar
hang the dj
County Player
Posts: 4804
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: World Grand Prix - Day 3

Post by hang the dj » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:49 pm

foggs3355 wrote:i think there will be some close games tonight with anderson going to the last set but phill will not break sweat

6.00pm Wayne Jones 3 v 1 Steve Brown
7.30pm Terry Jenkins 3 v 2 Adrian Lewis
9.00pm Phil Taylor 3 v 0 Andy Smith ( 3-1 3-2 3-0 ) that how the sets will go i think
10.30pm Gary Anderson 3 v 2 Kevin Painter

Predictions - now there's an idea :banghead:

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23764
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: World Grand Prix - Day 3

Post by Paddy McGinty » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:55 pm

and the Iron Fist wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Bradders wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Bradders wrote:Aha, found this:

5.11.04 A Game Shot called by a Referee is valid only if the thrown darts;
(i) achieve the required finish and
(ii) remain in the dartboard until retrieved by the Player whose Throw it was at the time
of calling the Game Shot. A leg is not completed until all darts are retrieved from the
dartboard by the Player who has thrown.

http://www.thedra.compsyswebdesign.com/ ... ONAUTH.pdf


So you were wrong, guessing is a dodgy business Brads, is a game shot the same as a match shot?

PADDY


Well a match shot is just a game shot, however its the final leg of the match. So I guess the same applies. The referee never says "match shot", he says "game shot, and the match".

I imagine the above would hardly ever come to play, spirit of the game and all that. Imagine if Taylor had just beaten Jenkins 18-4 at the Matchplay and after bounding around the stage for a few seconds, the dart fell out of D16. Do you reckon Jenks would get them to carry on?



Yes I think he would, after all rules are rules.

Regards Paddy

:bat:



What? At 18 - 4 down? I think he'd want off stage as soon as possible. He'd prolly put the dart back in double 16 himself!

If you are a true professional you try your best until the game is over, historically there have been some amazing comebacks in darts and in other sports.

It's not over until the fat lady sings, and I aint heard her singing yet!

Regards Paddy
Last edited by Paddy McGinty on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

User avatar
nookie
Superleague Player
Posts: 1350
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:06 pm

Re: World Grand Prix - Day 3

Post by nookie » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:58 pm

wonder if he can manage to get in andy callaby half dozen or more times tonight aswell
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

User avatar
thegabbycabby
The Ton Club
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:01 pm
Location: Livingston, Scotland born in Wales

Re: World Grand Prix - Day 3

Post by thegabbycabby » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:17 pm

I know it's early yet but there can only be about 200 people in the hall :oops:
Image

User avatar
TROUBLEAGAIN
Superleague Player
Posts: 1760
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:21 am
Location: North Wales

Re: World Grand Prix - Day 3

Post by TROUBLEAGAIN » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:30 pm

Lovin the Brissy words of wisdom new faces cos the old ones aint gonna win anything-harsh but true!!!!

User avatar
TROUBLEAGAIN
Superleague Player
Posts: 1760
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:21 am
Location: North Wales

Re: World Grand Prix - Day 3

Post by TROUBLEAGAIN » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:34 pm

No nonsense game this thud thud thud..

Post Reply

Return to “The Stars Of Darts Archive Section”