Heard a rumour? - Post it here
checkmate
County Player

Re: Lakeside Qualifiers today

Post by checkmate »

The Fixer wrote:
checkmate wrote:
The Fixer wrote:
checkmate wrote:alan souter has been waiting nearly 2 hrs to find out who his semi final opponent is going to be :omg: !!!!!!!!! the poor guy is one game from qualifying and for some reason 3 matches have taken all this time :IIII: the rest of the competition was almost half done in this time what is going on :oops:
They are replaying the draw after cancelling Mansell results at the order of the fatman. And quite right too!
mansell waas'nt in the bdo part of the qualifier if you really wan't to argue with people about it at least get it right :roll:
I know that checkmate, I was being ironic :roll:
i don't get why this thing with mansell upsets you so much..... last year hendo and i think it was pecker qualified through the play offs, and at the time they were knocking all the folk out, were almost certain to get in on the points list so it's the system that's wrong not the players
ST87
Steady Sixties

Post by ST87 »

Congratulations to the players who have qualified so far.

Personally speaking, the BDO World Championship isn't what it used to be, but the play-offs must be very tough to get through and I hope the guys who qualified today do themselves justice.

As for the standby play-off, is that being updated on the BDO site or is it going to be a state secret?
Further details to be announced shortly.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ST87 wrote:Congratulations to the players who have qualified so far.

Personally speaking, the BDO World Championship isn't what it used to be, but the play-offs must be very tough to get through and I hope the guys who qualified today do themselves justice.

As for the standby play-off, is that being updated on the BDO site or is it going to be a state secret?
I'm sure they will let us know once they have fixed the standby draw to give the two British playets a better chance.
Big Jock Knew
avalon
County Player

Post by avalon »

Bradders wrote:I'm sure if Kim Huybrecths wins the Standby Player slot, everyone in the venue will be so pleased for him!
I am sure most would be, he and his brother are very nice guys and just love playing darts.
Image ImageImage Image
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

avalon wrote:
Bradders wrote:I'm sure if Kim Huybrecths wins the Standby Player slot, everyone in the venue will be so pleased for him!
I am sure most would be, he and his brother are very nice guys and just love playing darts.
Even though he did a bunk from the Turkish to play a PDC event? Bet most won't love him for that.
Big Jock Knew
ST87
Steady Sixties

Post by ST87 »

No disrespect to Dennis Harbour or Andy Boulton, but I hope either Huybrechts or Korte takes the standby place. Having three Dutchmen and a token German as the only overseas players is poor - there needs to be a proper review of the ranking criteria in my view otherwise Lakeside has no credibility as a 'World' championship.

This could be highlighted even further at the weekend, because the 8 seeds for the Masters are all UK based players. You could have NO overseas players in the final stages of the 'World' Masters.
Further details to be announced shortly.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ST87 wrote:No disrespect to Dennis Harbour or Andy Boulton, but I hope either Huybrechts or Korte takes the standby place. Having three Dutchmen and a token German as the only overseas players is poor - there needs to be a proper review of the ranking criteria in my view otherwise Lakeside has no credibility as a 'World' championship.

This could be highlighted even further at the weekend, because the 8 seeds for the Masters are all UK based players. You could have NO overseas players in the final stages of the 'World' Masters.
Would still leave no players at all from outside Western Europe
Big Jock Knew
checkmate
County Player

Post by checkmate »

andy boulton got the standby place .... very good player andy hope he gets in I would say if he played the tour he would have walked in anyway he wins a lot of money comps
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

So the BDOs plan to get extra nations in has resulted in one extra country being represented.
Well done all!!
Big Jock Knew
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

they need to scrap where if you make the semis you get back in next year only do that for the winner which would give you 3 spaces to fill top ranked for north amercia events i think there is 6-8 of thoes and top 2 from aus events i think there 8-9 of thoes this way more international players get in
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

when will they do the draw sometime in the next week
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

foggs3355 wrote:when will they do the draw sometime in the next week
Whenever Bob Potter is available to fix it behind closed doors with Olly Croft and no TV, Internet or radio coverage draw the balls out of the bag, I guess
Big Jock Knew
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

standbye players mens andy boulton lades Wendy Reinstadtler-
avalon
County Player

Post by avalon »

Bradders wrote:
avalon wrote:
Even though he did a bunk from the Turkish to play a PDC event? Bet most won't love him for that.

Most people in Hull dont know that he left the mens pairs event in Turkey, I am really sure the aussies the americans, the canadians etc etccouldnt care less. And most of the british people in hull werent in turkey and not even close to being most.

The only people who seem to be put out by him leaving a pairs event are the keyboard warriors :WWWW:
Image ImageImage Image
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

avalon wrote:
Bradders wrote:
avalon wrote:

Most people in Hull dont know that he left the mens pairs event in Turkey, I am really sure the aussies the americans, the canadians etc etccouldnt care less. And most of the british people in hull werent in turkey and not even close to being most.

The only people who seem to be put out by him leaving a pairs event are the keyboard warriors :WWWW:
Keyboard warriors John? Shame I didnt see you in the Barnsley Metrodome for the ladies WC qualifier.

:WWWW:
Big Jock Knew
avalon
County Player

Post by avalon »

Bradders wrote:
avalon wrote:
Bradders wrote:
avalon wrote:

Keyboard warriors John? Shame I didnt see you in the Barnsley Metrodome for the ladies WC qualifier.

I didnt see you there either :D I was there but the pdc wouldnt let the kids in to watch their mother play, but I have it sussed for the next one, I am going to teach them rowdy football songs, teach them to boo loudly when the opponent is going for a double and get them both gloriously drunk then they will probably slip in unnoticed :CCCCC:
Image ImageImage Image
ralph cifaretto
Pub Champion

Post by ralph cifaretto »

Lurgan wrote:i see fixer talkin out of his hole as usual.

me and dicie attending some bdo opens on the neighbouring island next year, feel free to approach us at any time to discuss mick or any other issue you wish to raise. otherwise ferret off
What do you's 2 look like? :IIII:
ralph cifaretto
Pub Champion

Post by ralph cifaretto »

:DDD: :DDD: :DDD:

I might it leave The Fixer to it.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Bradders wrote:
avalon wrote:
Bradders wrote:
avalon wrote:

you do have to admit you are the ultimate keyboard warrior though. Quite a title!
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Shaun Griffiths - wonderkid. Cannot wait to see him at the lakeside. This is what makes it the tournament it is. I watched this lad against Chissy last week and it was one of the best darts matches i have ever seen - 13, 12 and 11 darters going in for fun and although Chissy won, Shaun had already beaten Kong and others to get to the quarters. The lad is electric - if he can hold it together on the toughest stage of all we could be witnessing the berth of another young superstar.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.