County Player

Re: THE OLD FIRM.....

Post by hang the dj »

The Ginger Ninja wrote:
hang the dj wrote:
The Ginger Ninja wrote:
hang the dj wrote:
mod500 wrote:
Again as Gary M has highlighted there are many reasons why I do not wish my club to be associated with rangers but because of the "old firm" tag this is what happens. Most people are like yourself & always just say "one is as bad as the other" but that is simply not true
^^ Again from a Celtic perspective.
Still doesn't make it any less true

What Gary M has highlighted is facts not opinions or rumours
Celtic-biased facts.
A fact is fact - it normally favors somebody much like a PDC fact or anti BDO facts - they are still facts
hang the dj
County Player

Re:

Post by hang the dj »

mod500 wrote:There are many examples over the years where Celtic fans have failed to cover themselves in glory. And by the way my teams fans are no angels either.

Scotland fans are great. I wonder how many celtic and rangers fans support Scotland.
All clubs fans have embarrassed the club at some point & God knows we have plenty of our own morons in the stands at Celtic

Tartan Army have been known to boo the odd national athem
hang the dj
County Player

Re: Re:

Post by hang the dj »

The Ginger Ninja wrote:
mod500 wrote:There are many examples over the years where Celtic fans have failed to cover themselves in glory. And by the way my teams fans are no angels either.

Scotland fans are great. I wonder how many celtic and rangers fans support Scotland.
The shameful hounding of a referee out of a game he loved being one example.
When did this happen?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

hang the dj wrote:
The Ginger Ninja wrote:

When did this happen?
You know full well when this happened, Sonny Jim!! I wont patronise you by providing a link.
Big Jock Knew
hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

The Ginger Ninja wrote:
hang the dj wrote:
The Ginger Ninja wrote:

When did this happen?
You know full well when this happened, Sonny Jim!! I wont patronise you by providing a link.
I'm well aware of the incident you refer to but not aware of what involvment the Celtic fans had to with it?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

hang the dj wrote:
The Ginger Ninja wrote:
hang the dj wrote:
The Ginger Ninja wrote:

When did this happen?
I'm well aware of the incident you refer to but not aware of what involvment the Celtic fans had to with it?
I missed the word "fans" :DDD:

Fair enough, it was just the club which were utter tosspots.
Big Jock Knew
hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

The Ginger Ninja wrote:
hang the dj wrote:
The Ginger Ninja wrote:
hang the dj wrote:
The Ginger Ninja wrote: The shameful hounding of a referee out of a game he loved being one example.
When did this happen?
I missed the word "fans" :DDD:

Fair enough, it was just the club which were utter tosspots.
The official himself admitted to lying on the offical match report & lying to Celtic manager Neil Lennon, he also admitted to conspirying to cover up the lie - in the majority of other jobs in the world he would have lost his job so there is no differnce in this case
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

hang the dj wrote: The official himself admitted to lying on the offical match report & lying to Celtic manager Neil Lennon, he also admitted to conspirying to cover up the lie - in the majority of other jobs in the world he would have lost his job so there is no differnce in this case
So it was fine for Lennon to scream in an officials face then? Odious little man, is Lennon. Obviously has no respect for referees.
Big Jock Knew
hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

The Ginger Ninja wrote:
hang the dj wrote: The official himself admitted to lying on the offical match report & lying to Celtic manager Neil Lennon, he also admitted to conspirying to cover up the lie - in the majority of other jobs in the world he would have lost his job so there is no differnce in this case
So it was fine for Lennon to scream in an officials face then? Odious little man, is Lennon. Obviously has no respect for referees.
He was punished for that
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

hang the dj wrote:
The Ginger Ninja wrote:
He was punished for that
And rightly so. wonderful little man.
Big Jock Knew
hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

The Ginger Ninja wrote:
hang the dj wrote:
The Ginger Ninja wrote:
He was punished for that
So what does that have to do with a ref losing his job?
hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

The Ginger Ninja wrote:
hang the dj wrote:
The Ginger Ninja wrote:
He was punished for that
So your personal opinion of him isn't very good but surely you would not condon detah threats aimed at him, bomb hoaxes & bullets being sent to him resulting in 24 hour security being provided
mancdart
The Ton Club

Post by mancdart »

You never had this trouble with Mo'n.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

hang the dj wrote:
The Ginger Ninja wrote:
hang the dj wrote:
The Ginger Ninja wrote:
He was punished for that
So your personal opinion of him isn't very good but surely you would not condon detah threats aimed at him, bomb hoaxes & bullets being sent to him resulting in 24 hour security being provided
No, but that doesnt give him an excuse to treat officials with utter contempt.
Big Jock Knew
hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

The Ginger Ninja wrote:
hang the dj wrote:
The Ginger Ninja wrote:
hang the dj wrote:
The Ginger Ninja wrote: So it was fine for Lennon to scream in an officials face then? Odious little man, is Lennon. Obviously has no respect for referees.
He was punished for that
No, but that doesnt give him an excuse to treat officials with utter contempt.
Of course he can't & he been banned for his behaviour but his behaviour does not warrent threats against his life
hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

mancdart wrote:You never had this trouble with Mo'n.
I've never known so much hatred to be aimed at a manager.

With all these websites set up about "killing Neil Lennon" all it takes is for one drunken idiot to think I'll be hero & go out & actually attempt to kill him - very bad state of affairs
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

hang the dj wrote:

With all these websites set up about "killing Neil Lennon" all it takes is for one drunken idiot to think I'll be hero & go out & actually attempt to kill him - very bad state of affairs
Not supporting these people who set up these websites, but Lennon has hardly helped himself with his actions.
Big Jock Knew
Mr Glass
County Player

Post by Mr Glass »

Gary M wrote:Absolutely spot on Geo. I laugh my head off when I hear - "the explosive Manchester derby" or "a heated North East clash". You wouldn't know what a rivalry was if it came up and hit you on the face.
Rivalries in English football are just as heated as in Glasgow.
The difference is though, that these are football rivalries. (unlike in Glasgow)

At the end of the day Celtic and Rangers are two nothing teams playing in a two team League and anyone who has any interest in football doesn't even care who Wins this nothing match.

As far as 'genuine' football rivalries go, Liverpool vs Manchester United is much bigger.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. Elijah Price
hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

The Ginger Ninja wrote:
hang the dj wrote:

Not supporting these people who set up these websites, but Lennon has hardly helped himself with his actions.
What kind of actions warrent death threats?

If you don't like him for football reasons then fine but the fact that loyalists groups have admitted to sending him bullets in the post shows that this has nothing to do with football but that he is a Northern Irish Catholic managing Celtic
hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

BrideOfFrankenstein wrote:
Gary M wrote:Absolutely spot on Geo. I laugh my head off when I hear - "the explosive Manchester derby" or "a heated North East clash". You wouldn't know what a rivalry was if it came up and hit you on the face.
Rivalries in English football are just as heated as in Glasgow.
The difference is though, that these are football rivalries. (unlike in Glasgow)

At the end of the day Celtic and Rangers are two nothing teams playing in a two team League and anyone who has any interest in football doesn't even care who Wins this nothing match.

As far as 'genuine' football rivalries go, Liverpool vs Manchester United is much bigger.
As Celtic & rangers are really the only 2 teams who will win the league then surely their "football rivalry" is huge as the team who generally wins the most "derby" games wins the league.

I think 2 nothing teams is complete nonsense, as like Man Utd & Liverpool both Celtic & rangers recognised throughout the world. Pretty sure that after Man Utd & Liverpool, Celtic have the most supporters clubs throughout the world