Darts players beware of Patrick Leahy, Kerry, ireland

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Dean Winstanley
I would just like to post a notice off thanks and also an apology , the dates I was in Ireland last month for charity exhibitions , was a great success and to be honest the money raised was fantastic for Glenn wilkie . The young fellow deserves his chance for a proper life , I'd like to thank all what attended and gave generous , also to the comp me and Lorraine attended on the saturday were the l...ads and lasses what was there who also gave generously towards the charity , as for the apology the money raised has not fully been handed over to the charity from the organizer who got me over to Ireland to do these events , which is disgusting , to top it off I haven't been paid too , I don't mind losing the fee money , but for the charity to loose out is taking the mess , I think u all no who the organizer was , so I'd just like to say thanks to all who attended we had a great time and I'm back over next year through the charity's father , so if you all could show your respect if I'm in your neighborhood and attend to try help this young chap ,,,, thanks again , Dean Winstanley
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Re: Darts players beware of Patrick Leahy, Kerry, ireland

Post by Welsh Wayne »

Dicie wrote:
Dean Winstanley
I would just like to post a notice off thanks and also an apology , the dates I was in Ireland last month for charity exhibitions , was a great success and to be honest the money raised was fantastic for Glenn wilkie . The young fellow deserves his chance for a proper life , I'd like to thank all what attended and gave generous , also to the comp me and Lorraine attended on the saturday were the l...ads and lasses what was there who also gave generously towards the charity , as for the apology the money raised has not fully been handed over to the charity from the organizer who got me over to Ireland to do these events , which is disgusting , to top it off I haven't been paid too , I don't mind losing the fee money , but for the charity to loose out is taking the mess , I think u all no who the organizer was , so I'd just like to say thanks to all who attended we had a great time and I'm back over next year through the charity's father , so if you all could show your respect if I'm in your neighborhood and attend to try help this young chap ,,,, thanks again , Dean Winstanley

Happens too often :angry5: :angry5: :angry5:
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

I am quite happy to create a name and shame section to these type of people

anyone who stiffs a player on an exbo or runs off with the charity or Rivals money ahem..............

if it stops another person being conned then its well worth it in my humble opinion
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
SCOTTISH DARTS EXHIBITIONS
The Ton Club

Post by SCOTTISH DARTS EXHIBITIONS »

Said last month its maybe time to have a section on Registered Darts Bodies who run Exhibitions that way everyone is covered !

The Days of Not taking a deposit for an Exhibition have sadly Gone !

SCOTTISH DARTS EXHIBITIONS http://www.scottishexhibitions.org.uk/
BJS501
Feather Flights

Post by BJS501 »

He represents the people of Vermont well though, I'll give him that. You know, he was re-elected with over 60% of the vote last year.
Last edited by BJS501 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDA
Superleague Player

Post by MDA »

SCOTTISH DARTS EXHIBITIONS wrote:Said last month its maybe time to have a section on Registered Darts Bodies who run Exhibitions that way everyone is covered !

Noooooooo I'l be ruined !
crazydarter
Pub Champion

Post by crazydarter »

SCOTTISH DARTS EXHIBITIONS wrote:Said last month its maybe time to have a section on Registered Darts Bodies who run Exhibitions that way everyone is covered !

The Days of Not taking a deposit for an Exhibition have sadly Gone !

sorry don't agree,
phoenix701
Feather Flights

Post by phoenix701 »

Now seeing as everyone has already accused me of bing a Thief lets put a few things straight.

I have never taken money from a charity.
I said at the start that the Charity we were helping Glen Wilkie (www.glenwilkie.org) that during the exhibitions for Dean Winstanley we would do what we could to raise money for Glen. Out of the 5 exhibition we did there was a total of 2500€ collected and all that money is in the hands of Dave Wilkie the father of the child involved.

As it comes to Dean Winstanley getting his fee i made the mistake of giving cash and not getting a recipt. Dean brought up all this a month after his exhibition when i had another player here doing exhibitions aswell. If i had not paid Dean then why would another player who knows dean well have come here after that.

Most of the money was cllected by Dave wilkie the childs father. I had saisd i would try and do what i can over the other events i was running that week. Now there are several people also who seem very quick to jump on this banwagon of accusing me of stealing money when they have yet to give me or the charity money which they ciollected.

Which io have already given to the charity aswell.

Patrick Leahy
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

phoenix701 wrote:Now seeing as everyone has already accused me of bing a Thief lets put a few things straight.

I have never taken money from a charity.
I said at the start that the Charity we were helping Glen Wilkie (http://www.glenwilkie.org) that during the exhibitions for Dean Winstanley we would do what we could to raise money for Glen. Out of the 5 exhibition we did there was a total of 2500€ collected and all that money is in the hands of Dave Wilkie the father of the child involved.

As it comes to Dean Winstanley getting his fee i made the mistake of giving cash and not getting a recipt. Dean brought up all this a month after his exhibition when i had another player here doing exhibitions aswell. If i had not paid Dean then why would another player who knows dean well have come here after that.

Most of the money was cllected by Dave wilkie the childs father. I had saisd i would try and do what i can over the other events i was running that week. Now there are several people also who seem very quick to jump on this banwagon of accusing me of stealing money when they have yet to give me or the charity money which they ciollected.

Which io have already given to the charity aswell.

Patrick Leahy
So can i ask you, why you have offered to hand over €1,000 to the charity and Dean?
phoenix701
Feather Flights

Post by phoenix701 »

At the time i was thinking of that to solve the issue but all it has done for me now is made it virtually impossible for me to do anything here. I have been involved in Darts for a few years and have been trying to promote youth players here. I was trying to make sure that my name would not reflect on them but that will now not happen. It is too late for that with my name being dragged accross the mud and it will not change anything.

My darts career is only playing for fun and helping people who are interested in playing the game better. Things like this is what have turned me off darts all the time. Anyone trying to promote and do something will laways be cut down straight away. I have known Dean myself since he came on the circuit i have marked several games for hiim in Belgium and holland and he has done over 1o different nights of exhibitions and tournaments for me over that time.

I apologise to the charity that we did not make what was expected but i did put a lot of effort and time into it.

Patrick Leahy
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

phoenix701 wrote:At the time i was thinking of that to solve the issue but all it has done for me now is made it virtually impossible for me to do anything here. I have been involved in Darts for a few years and have been trying to promote youth players here. I was trying to make sure that my name would not reflect on them but that will now not happen. It is too late for that with my name being dragged accross the mud and it will not change anything.

My darts career is only playing for fun and helping people who are interested in playing the game better. Things like this is what have turned me off darts all the time. Anyone trying to promote and do something will laways be cut down straight away. I have known Dean myself since he came on the circuit i have marked several games for hiim in Belgium and holland and he has done over 1o different nights of exhibitions and tournaments for me over that time.

I apologise to the charity that we did not make what was expected but i did put a lot of effort and time into it.

Patrick Leahy
Patrick in order to clear this up and clear your name may I suggest you publish the finances so people can see, how much did you pay dean and was it paid directly to him?

How much was raised after costs?
phoenix701
Feather Flights

Post by phoenix701 »

Originally i was called by Dave Wilkie and asked if dean would mind doing a charity exhibition for Glen in Foynes (www.glenwilkie.ie) I suggested that Dean would be around for another 4 days so we will try and do something on the other nights aswell.

It was ok in theory but in practise it was not so easy

On the first night ony 2 people with cards showed up to play dean and the bar paid a small feee aswell to have dean there. To make up the rest of deans fee we charged other people in the place 10€ to play him. As we were doing this Dean himself was saying everything was for charity. That was a clear mistake and ok. We raised a total of 500€ on the night and to cover deans cost it was 650€ on the night had to be covered.

The second night the exhibition had to be called off so instead i made a phone call to another venue on short notice and suggested that dean go there free of charge and any player that wanted to play him would pay 10€ there was a total of 5 players. It cost me 200€ in expenses to get there

On the 3rd night they did not want to sell cards so again we were charging 10€ per player that wanted to play him. Again Dean says it is all for charity. So we raised again his fee of 400 sterling on the night but the night cost me 650€

On the saturday i had nothing to do with the event i camr there with Dean and Lorraine as well as a darts board and stand and ran the event. Dabe Wilkie did an outstanding job and collected just over 2000€ from cards placed in the locality and bars he has dealt with before. There was a fee of 350€ paid with 250€ going to Dean and the rest to cover posters and cards and travel expenses. Total cost to me 450€

The last night there was a funeral in the locality of one of the darts players family members which if i had known earlier i would have called off the exhibition. & people showed up and played dean not one person with a sponsor card or if they had said they forgot to bring it

Total income from 5 events 1650€
Cost of accomadation and expenses 800€ including flights for 2 people
Fee paid in cash to Dean 2000€
Amount given to charity 320€ outside of the saturday night

Total Paid out 3120€
Recieved 1650€

Total loss 1470€
scott1uk
Steady Sixties

Post by scott1uk »

Dean Winstanley is never worth that much.
phoenix701
Feather Flights

Post by phoenix701 »

Dean winstanley is very good in exhibitions. He is an outstanding player and from seeing him starting on the circuit to where he is now it is easy to see why he is BDO world number 1. I have done 12 or 13 nights with him before and he does know how to get a crowd going.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

phoenix701 wrote:Dean winstanley is very good in exhibitions. He is an outstanding player and from seeing him starting on the circuit to where he is now it is easy to see why he is BDO world number 1. I have done 12 or 13 nights with him before and he does know how to get a crowd going.
Martin Adams is the current WDF world number 1. Winstanley tops the current BDO rankings but they are not world rankings by any stretch.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Considering the original post was from winstanley the two versions of events could not be more different, surely dean was aware that it was a failure and if indeed he trousered €2000 then how was he expecting much of a profit for charity
phoenix701
Feather Flights

Post by phoenix701 »

if i could explai that i would. There was 2500€ collected for charity. i am dissapointed myself. But that is life. Not everything can work as planned. I am not going to say anything bad about Dean as i am sure he is under a lot of pressure himself dealing with such a high profile in the BDO circuit after such a short time involved.

I will never get involved in Exhibitions or anything like that again i will go back to playing darts for fun. There is always someone who wants to pull you down when they think you are doing well. I have no problem losing money as long as it was developing the game for the youth players here. But to be accused of stealing from charity is not acceptable.

Dean never saw any money comeing in he never dealt with it. He assumed all money collected was for charity. Which he never asked me either just posted the comment and placed me in a verey awkard position
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

phoenix701 wrote:if i could explai that i would. There was 2500€ collected for charity. i am dissapointed myself. But that is life. Not everything can work as planned. I am not going to say anything bad about Dean as i am sure he is under a lot of pressure himself dealing with such a high profile in the BDO circuit after such a short time involved.

I will never get involved in Exhibitions or anything like that again i will go back to playing darts for fun. There is always someone who wants to pull you down when they think you are doing well. I have no problem losing money as long as it was developing the game for the youth players here. But to be accused of stealing from charity is not acceptable.

Dean never saw any money comeing in he never dealt with it. He assumed all money collected was for charity. Which he never asked me either just posted the comment and placed me in a verey awkard position
now I'm confused, who was paid dean's fee?
phoenix701
Feather Flights

Post by phoenix701 »

he never dealt with cash until i paidhim at the airport. up to that he was just playing darts. he ws paid personally
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

nikkiboy wrote:
phoenix701 wrote:if i could explai that i would. There was 2500€ collected for charity. i am dissapointed myself. But that is life. Not everything can work as planned. I am not going to say anything bad about Dean as i am sure he is under a lot of pressure himself dealing with such a high profile in the BDO circuit after such a short time involved.

now I'm confused, who was paid dean's fee?

This is it Nikki, ask a question, he talks about something different. Doesnt answer direct questions.

Patrick. It is simple.

Dean is out of pocket, so if he is working for the charity, he is paid his fee, the charity take the remainder.

It isnt that hard.