Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Adie
County Player

James on BBC look east

Post by Adie »

Ignore his manager lol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 9_12_2011/

from about 19mins 30seconds in

dont know how James plays darts in front of all them people i was shitting a brick just talking lol
Not as mustard as Chissy
GtotheF
International

Re: James on BBC look east

Post by GtotheF »

It pains me to say this but you come across very well there Adie (so does James). :D :D

Well done fella - I think comments about having a couple of days to come down off the high and get ready for a toughie with Kin are bang on. :DDDD: :DDDD:
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

ozzieb
Pub Champion

Post by ozzieb »

New sponsorship scheme idea- New suit for Adie?
Ross
The Ton Club

Post by Ross »

Good interview, And great plug of the forum.
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

ozzieb wrote:New sponsorship scheme idea- New suit for Adie?
:DDD: :DDD:

It'll only cost us about £20 to replace what he had on.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

There was a decent point made on another thread that these players, like James and Scott Rand, want to play on TV now, they're not scared of the big name players. They play the board not the player. James looks like he's got a superb attitude and a lot of ambition; he wants to make this game his job.
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Dannyboy wrote:There was a decent point made on another thread that these players, like James and Scott Rand, want to play on TV now, they're not scared of the big name players. They play the board not the player. James looks like he's got a superb attitude and a lot of ambition; he wants to make this game his job.
It's really interesting but I think we'll see what James is made of against Kim.

Don't get me wrong it's been brilliant basking in the glow of his victory over Barney, but I'm greedy I want to see him win again now because I genuinely think he has what it takes - same as I think Pipey has and Rand and Hylton.

I think Heydon ain't far off if he just forgets about a couple of missed doubles against Lewis.

Will be fascinating to see if any of these lads can crack the top 16 or 20, lets face it, from apparent obscurity.

Tristan
Superleague Player

Post by Tristan »

Adrian1969 wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:There was a decent point made on another thread that these players, like James and Scott Rand, want to play on TV now, they're not scared of the big name players. They play the board not the player. James looks like he's got a superb attitude and a lot of ambition; he wants to make this game his job.
It's really interesting but I think we'll see what James is made of against Kim.

Don't get me wrong it's been brilliant basking in the glow of his victory over Barney, but I'm greedy I want to see him win again now because I genuinely think he has what it takes - same as I think Pipey has and Rand and Hylton.

I think Heydon ain't far off if he just forgets about a couple of missed doubles against Lewis.

Will be fascinating to see if any of these lads can crack the top 16 or 20, lets face it, from apparent obscurity.
Don't underestimate Kim Huybregts. He was obviously very nervous in the 1st round but if he settles down it won't be an easy match for James Richardson.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Tristan wrote:
Adrian1969 wrote:

Don't underestimate Kim Huybregts. He was obviously very nervous in the 1st round but if he settles down it won't be an easy match for James Richardson.

i think it will be harder than playing Barney...a lot more expectation now and more to live up to...plus Huybrechts is a good player who can perform on TV as well...both will see this as a great opportunity...and both look the type to grasp it..it should be good
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Tristan wrote:
Adrian1969 wrote:

That's why I've been saying it's a bigger game now than the Barney match.

Kim is real solid - it could be a great game and a great advert for the tournament - two relative unknowns going toe to toe and playing some good stuff.

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

It may be the case that Kim will have to put up with a bit of what Magnus got the other night.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Tristan wrote:
Adrian1969 wrote:

Agree with all these points. I think if both players came across a slower player like JP they'd struggle to get a rhythm. I read that a good way to beat Kim is to slow him down Hankey-style.

I think the group of Scott Rand, James Richardson, Nigel Heydon et al will all be Top 32 players come the 2013 Worlds. Nigel just needs that one breakthrough ranking tournament; I thought he'd be ahead of the other two by now. He's been very unlucky just missing out in the Players Championship rankings.
Tristan
Superleague Player

Post by Tristan »

Dannyboy wrote: Agree with all these points. I think if both players came across a slower player like JP they'd struggle to get a rhythm. I read that a good way to beat Kim is to slow him down Hankey-style.

I think the group of Scott Rand, James Richardson, Nigel Heydon et al will all be Top 32 players come the 2013 Worlds. Nigel just needs that one breakthrough ranking tournament; I thought he'd be ahead of the other two by now. He's been very unlucky just missing out in the Players Championship rankings.
Agree about the slowing down. But that's experience. They will have to get that but it takes time and I'm sure that in a few years time they will be able to deal with that.

yesterday the commentators on Dutch TV were also talking about a change of the guard. Guys like Taylor, Barney, Baxter, Painter and several others have been in the top 32 of the world for 20 years now but you see that almost all of them are past their prime (not Taylor of course). Over the last year we've seen Lewis and Anderson step up from subtop to absolute top and guys like Wes Newton grow from top 16 to top 8 and possibly top 5 after the worlds.

So interesting times ahead.
Adie
County Player

Post by Adie »

Adrian1969 wrote:
ozzieb wrote:New sponsorship scheme idea- New suit for Adie?
:DDD: :DDD:

It'll only cost us about £20 to replace what he had on.
It was thirty five and four for the shirt , i'll send you my address if you want to send me some money lol
Not as mustard as Chissy