Birmingham 7&8

All your experiences in one place
Ipad180
Steady Sixties

Birmingham 7&8

Post by Ipad180 »

Hmm so got home last night after a very disappointing weekend performance wise on my part :angry5:
I felt great in practice and was very confident going into my games but for some reason that extra push wasn't there this time round! :roll:

I had a late evening flight on the Friday as I wasn't playing in the euro qualifier again :IIII: getting to these euros are a must for ranking purposes but if the money isint there it can't be done unfortunately :?
Anyway myself and my dad arrived at our hotel around 10pm and it was straight to bed for me for an early start.

Come the morning I was feeling fresh and extremely confident about the day ahead! We met with William o Connor for the taxi to the Nia this was around 10ish!... giving both of us plenty of time to practice and relax before the draw went up :darts

Come 11am the room was full of anticipation for the first draw of the weekend!....
As soon as it went up a swarm of players gathered at the screens :Irish2
My dad checked mine I was 2nd on board 13 against Jim walker who is a great guy and a brilliant player!

Jim wins the bull and starts very quickly hitting big scores in leg 1 but yet I was first to shoot at the double 2 darts at tops and there's my first chance gone amiss :( this seemed to be the story of the game for me as my doubles just wouldn't find their target :? Jim ran out a 6-1 winner when it could of been the other way around! But as always I took the loss on the chin and wished Jim good luck for the next game! Day 1 over for me :(

As I sat and watched some games I reflected on mistakes I made in the game and was certain I wouldn't do it again on Sunday!
Back to the hotel before heading to nandos :P back to the hotel watch a few movies and in bed by 11 :IIII:

Sunday morning came and same as sat we met willie about 10 and off we went for day 2!!!

Had a good practice and chat with a few players I was feeling confident but determined!....

Draw is up and 1st game board ten for me against Mervyn king! :darts

Being honest Mervyn really showed me how to play darts here! he put in a master lass of consistency with a near tayloresque performance I had shots in 3 legs but missed mr king stepped in for a 6.0 whopping of paddy Meaney lol Mervyn is a top guy and would go far today!....

So another weekend over for me it's the first time I failed to pick up money since I began the tour! Something to reflect and learn from one thinks :IIII: we stayed and watched mighty mike power through the field with some awesome displays and it was then off home 10pm flight home by 2am

Hope you enjoy
Paddy :WWWW:
Proud sponsored player of TSoD.

Follow me on twitter - @iPad180

Dicie
International

Re: Birmingham 7&8

Post by Dicie »

All a learning curve Pad, dealing with the worlds best these w/ends will happen now and again. As you say 3 chances vs merv, u take them, thats 3-3 and a different game no doubt. . . .

All the best in the coming weeks and months, iv no dount you are doing the right thing
hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

Disappointing weekend results wise Paddy but as Dicie said it's all about learning
MarcusLad-180
Brass Darts

Post by MarcusLad-180 »

Still very young compared to the majority of the field. So head up I have seen you at the Youth tour. Nothing short of sensational bud :P
Marc Robert Evans
Left Handed, Welsh youth international x2, PDC youth tour 2011 position:33rd.
16 and been playing darts since I was 9 competitively.
Follow me on twitter @MarcusLad_180
https://www.facebook.com/MarcusLad.170
chissy
County Player

Post by chissy »

unlucky the weekend paddy, as you said merv was on fire, onwards and upwards :DDDD:
I'm on Twitter (occasionally) follow me @originalchissy
Ipad180
Steady Sixties

Post by Ipad180 »

Cheers lads :)

its all about prep going into these tourneys! Trying a few different things ATM so will keep everybody posted on my progress :darts :D
Proud sponsored player of TSoD.

Follow me on twitter - @iPad180

layandrew1
Feather Flights

Post by layandrew1 »

Come the morning I was feeling fresh and extremely confident about the day ahead! We met with William o Connor for the taxi to the Nia this was around 10ish!... giving both of us plenty of time to practice and relax before the draw went up
Ipad180
Steady Sixties

Post by Ipad180 »

layandrew1 wrote:Come the morning I was feeling fresh and extremely confident about the day ahead! We met with William o Connor for the taxi to the Nia this was around 10ish!... giving both of us plenty of time to practice and relax before the draw went up
???? :IIII: