Jelle Klaasen is in trouble

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: Jelle Klaasen is in trouble

Post by Ginge »

Ecky Thump wrote:
Bram_1900 wrote:When will the PDC come with a statement on this incident. The next event will start this friday. No sign of Klaasen withdrawing yet.

Their silence speaks volumes.
Turning the issue into a PDC v BDO thing again, Mr Thump?
Big Jock Knew
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Ecky Thump wrote:
Bram_1900 wrote:When will the PDC come with a statement on this incident. The next event will start this friday. No sign of Klaasen withdrawing yet.

to be fair, at this stage i think it is purely Klaasen's decision whether to play events at present...the PDC cannot and should not comment at this point while evidence is being taken for a possible court case..it would be irresponsible to do so..
Once the case goes to court and a decision legally has been made then the PDC should and will comment...until then it is down to Klaasen as to what he wants to do playing wise
There have been plenty of sports where players have had court cases hanging over them, some very serious ones as well, but they have continued playing until a legal verdict has been reached which is how it should be really.
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Ginge wrote:
Ecky Thump wrote:

Not at all. We know Gary Anderson has been banned from selected tourneys, despite a supposed no naming of guilty parties policy. Surely whatever Gary did cannot be as bad as what Klaasen has apparently admitted to. I did not mention the BDO, you did. Don't try to second guess my intentions if you are going to be so wrong.
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

trotter wrote:
Ecky Thump wrote:

to be fair, at this stage i think it is purely Klaasen's decision whether to play events at present...the PDC cannot and should not comment at this point while evidence is being taken for a possible court case..it would be irresponsible to do so..
Once the case goes to court and a decision legally has been made then the PDC should and will comment...until then it is down to Klaasen as to what he wants to do playing wise
There have been plenty of sports where players have had court cases hanging over them, some very serious ones as well, but they have continued playing until a legal verdict has been reached which is how it should be really.
Again, hasn't he admitted to it?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ecky Thump wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Ecky Thump wrote:

Not at all. We know Gary Anderson has been banned from selected tourneys, despite a supposed no naming of guilty parties policy. Surely whatever Gary did cannot be as bad as what Klaasen has apparently admitted to. I did not mention the BDO, you did. Don't try to second guess my intentions if you are going to be so wrong.
Gary Anderson's issue wasnt an external legal matter, was it not? You cant really compare the two.
Big Jock Knew
paul80
Steady Sixties

Post by paul80 »

i thought anderson got banned from the euro events because he gave up in a game
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

paul80 wrote:i thought anderson got banned from the euro events because he gave up in a game
Exactly, hardly a delicate legal matter.
Big Jock Knew
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Ginge wrote:
Ecky Thump wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Ecky Thump wrote:

Gary Anderson's issue wasnt an external legal matter, was it not? You cant really compare the two.
They had supposedly adopted a no naming policy in disciplinary matters, then went back on it. Lack of consistency there.
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Ginge wrote:
paul80 wrote:i thought anderson got banned from the euro events because he gave up in a game
So personally you think Klaasen should be allowed to compete?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ecky Thump wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Well to be fair do we know if he has been charged with anything yet? If I was him though I would pull out and no doubt the PDC will be advising him to, guess they cant make him though yet. The last thing they want is 2000 people shouting "nonce, nonce, nonce" at him this coming weekend and I fully expect him to pull out.

Players have pulled out the day before in these events so Im not surprised I havent heard anything yet about withdrawals

As for the "no naming" thing it is a bit annoying, although if Ando was missing from three big events with no explanation, it would raise quite a few debates as to why.
Big Jock Knew
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Ginge wrote:
Ecky Thump wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Well to be fair do we know if he has been charged with anything yet? If I was him though I would pull out and no doubt the PDC will be advising him to, guess they cant make him though yet. The last thing they want is 2000 people shouting "nonce, nonce, nonce" at him this coming weekend and I fully expect him to pull out.

Players have pulled out the day before in these events so Im not surprised I havent heard anything yet about withdrawals

As for the "no naming" thing it is a bit annoying, although if Ando was missing from three big events with no explanation, it would raise quite a few debates as to why.
It's more than annoying, it stinks.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

What would you have liked to have happened? Ando not to have been named and then him mysteriously absent from a TV event, with a "lie" given by the PDC as the reason?

Then you would have critisised the PDC for lying, so you cant win.
Big Jock Knew
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Ginge wrote:What would you have liked to have happened? Ando not to have been named and then him mysteriously absent from a TV event, with a "lie" given by the PDC as the reason?

Name all or name none. They used to name all didn't they? Why did that change?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ecky Thump wrote:
Ginge wrote:What would you have liked to have happened? Ando not to have been named and then him mysteriously absent from a TV event, with a "lie" given by the PDC as the reason?

We both know why that changed :D

So lets say it was "name none" and then Ando was missing, how would the PDC have explained it? They would have had to issue a "lie", bit like when Chris Mason pulled out of the UK Open with "illness" when in actual fact he was arrested.

Then you would be moaning that they lied.

See what I mean? They would never be able to win in your eyes in this scenario.
Big Jock Knew
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Ginge wrote:
Anderson got banned for his actions after giving up the game not for giving up the game.

Violent and abusive behaviour I believe.
paul80
Steady Sixties

Post by paul80 »

to me klaasen shouldnt of been named until he had been charged the pdc then could of made a statement and the anderson matter isnt really a serious matter to be fair so they were right to to make a statement
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

paul80 wrote:to me klaasen shouldnt of been named until he had been charged the pdc then could of made a statement and the anderson matter isnt really a serious matter to be fair so they were right to to make a statement
You are aware that the Dutch media broke the story, dont you?
Big Jock Knew
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Ginge wrote:
Ecky Thump wrote:

We both know why that changed :D

So lets say it was "name none" and then Ando was missing, how would the PDC have explained it? They would have had to issue a "lie", bit like when Chris Mason pulled out of the UK Open with "illness" when in actual fact he was arrested.

Then you would be moaning that they lied.

See what I mean? They would never be able to win in your eyes in this scenario.
They created this scenario with their inconsistency. They can win in my eyes by being consistent, but as you have said with other issues it's their ball and they can do what they like with it.
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Ginge wrote:
paul80 wrote:to me klaasen shouldnt of been named until he had been charged the pdc then could of made a statement and the anderson matter isnt really a serious matter to be fair so they were right to to make a statement
And am I right that he has admitted to it?
Chizzyfan
County Player

Post by Chizzyfan »

Ecky Thump wrote:
Ginge wrote:
And am I right that he has admitted to it?
Yes. He is "sorry" as well.
Chizzyesque