Communal Darters Diary

Place your local competition details and details of forthcoming tournaments here
Basgooner
County Player

Re: Communal Darters Diary

Post by Basgooner »

Yeah its jusy getting the money up front to finance, would love the chance to be honest
PDC 4 Life
Brass Darts

Post by PDC 4 Life »

You sound like a decent player.

Just stay off motorbikes - you'd never see the greatest on one would you ?
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

Yeah that bloody motorbike has cost me a bit recently

Problem is I bought it for work

Still time on my side to make a go of Darts, def feel I am improving mentally
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Basgooner wrote:Yeah its jusy getting the money up front to finance, would love the chance to be honest
As the Masters has shown this week and most big opens do every week, there are lot's of people with the ability to give the ProTour a go but it's expensive and you are generally going to get some brutal 1st round draws, making tough to even get your entry fees back.

It can be done though - JP has proved it, so has Hylton and I honestly think James will as well.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

Adrian1969 wrote:
Basgooner wrote:Yeah its jusy getting the money up front to finance, would love the chance to be honest
As the Masters has shown this week and most big opens do every week, there are lot's of people with the ability to give the ProTour a go but it's expensive and you are generally going to get some brutal 1st round draws, making tough to even get your entry fees back.

It can be done though - JP has proved it,

so has Hylton and I honestly think James will as well.
Very true Adrian

The players you mentioned are or should be an inspiration to anyone giving it a go on the Pro Tour

Remember Mark Hylton saying that people in his own town didn't even rate him as a Darts Players, now he is flying

Pipe came from nowhere to now regularly being a seed in the floor events
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Had our first superleague game of the season last night.

I scraped a win against two time Stars of Darts Open winner Steve Hillier.

We have both played better to be fair, but sometimes you just have to grind out the result don't you!
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

Lee Taylor wrote:Had our first superleague game of the season last night.

We have both played better to be fair, but sometimes you just have to grind out the result don't you!
It's a W as they say :-)

Problem with Super League is everything is judged by your average but one bad leg and the average goes out the window

Much better to just keep winning
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Basgooner wrote:

Problem with Super League is everything is judged by your average but one bad leg and the average goes out the window

So true bud, was just a 22 ave but felt a lot better!
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

Lee Taylor wrote:
Basgooner wrote:

So true bud, was just a 22 ave but felt a lot better!
Yeah so many times you go back look at the avaergae and think, I was better than that :-)
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

:DDDD: :DDDD: well done lee.

Top man Steve supported the Open in all 3 events so far. good guy
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
phil mitchell
The Ton Club

Post by phil mitchell »

Welsh Wayne wrote:

:DDDD: :DDDD: well done lee.

Top man Steve supported the Open in all 3 events so far. good guy
well done lee. first game of the season win is a solid start. :darts
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

That's a good scalp to take Grandad.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Thanks lads, playing okay at the moment.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

It was a good night. Nice to see Mike G get MOM and do I get an award for best losing average??!!!! (25.35 and I lost 3-2 :( )
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Skewball wrote:

It was a good night. Nice to see Mike G get MOM and do I get an award for best losing average??!!!! (25.35 and I lost 3-2 :( )

It was a good night all round.

The venue was obviously new to us too, and I think overall it worked well - what did you think?

Your game with Paul was the game of the night, no question, and if it wasn't for that great bull finish you would have won - that's darts though bud!

Personally I was just pleased to be back amongst it again, got a massive way to go but it's heading in the right direction (although it will turn to sh1t tomorrow as we are playing you lot I think!).
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Lee Taylor wrote:
Skewball wrote:

It was a good night all round.

The venue was obviously new to us too, and I think overall it worked well - what did you think?

Your game with Paul was the game of the night, no question, and if it wasn't for that great bull finish you would have won - that's darts though bud!

Personally I was just pleased to be back amongst it again, got a massive way to go but it's heading in the right direction (although it will turn to sh1t tomorrow as we are playing you lot I think!).
sorry, just seen this.
Yes, the venue is very good. Good atmosphere and I like the way the seats frame the two boards, even if its a bit awkward for the two people doing the averages. My only complaint (and its easy to solve) is that the board on the right is without doubt low!

I did not see your game but to beat Steve in a big game is always impressive. Both our teams will do well this year if everyone keeps turnign out.
I ejoyed my game alot. Last on and the other board had finished so no pressure! Paul hitting a bull to finish after I had just hit 137 was very impressive, I have no problem losing to that!
Game on for tonight ;) must go and practice!
ROCKET 111
Feather Flights

Post by ROCKET 111 »

:darts :darts
Lee Taylor wrote:Good thread this.

Personally I'm going through a real slump at the moment.

Been playing league darts since I was 14 years old (37 now) and have played at County level in the past, but this has been my worst ever spell.

Last winter I won all my league games and had a superleague average of 24, but in the last couple of months I have literally played like a beginner (and a crap one at that!).

Such a frustrating game at times this! Am seriously thinking of calling it a day to be honest.

Share your experiences here guys, this could turn into a really insightful thread.

Lee.
:darts ive been playing since i was 4 years old, you have good days & bad days, i am now 54 you just play through bad patches and keep practicing, just enjoy it, its a fantastic sport & you meet a lot of great people :UK
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

ROCKET 111 wrote::darts :darts
Lee Taylor wrote:Good thread this.

Personally I'm going through a real slump at the moment.

Been playing league darts since I was 14 years old (37 now) and have played at County level in the past, but this has been my worst ever spell.

Last winter I won all my league games and had a superleague average of 24, but in the last couple of months I have literally played like a beginner (and a crap one at that!).

Such a frustrating game at times this! Am seriously thinking of calling it a day to be honest.

Share your experiences here guys, this could turn into a really insightful thread.

Lee.
:darts ive been playing since i was 4 years old, you have good days & bad days, i am now 54 you just play through bad patches and keep practicing, just enjoy it, its a fantastic sport & you meet a lot of great people :UK
Welcome to our forum sir. :) and well played Lee, bad luck Greg good ave though.
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

Hampshire Super League starts tonight, 6 teams in each Division playing each other 3 times, should ensure some closer matches and in Div One some cracking high class games

I think we have Fareham tonight who we normally beat, and pretty sure their star player has gone to the Super Team that has been put together

Not going to set any personal goals this time around, came 12th in the averages last year and will be happy to just maintain some good form

Guess only one thing really to aim at and that's a few 30+ averages, but Doubles take care of your average, so who knows
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

Well we played our 1st Super League game last night and edged a 5-4 win

I won 3-1 with a 26.95 average

Missed 101 out for a 15 darter 1st leg and then missed 9 darts at a double (happy days)

Came back though with 16, 14 and 20 Dart Legs

So well happy with how I played 10 Tons in 4 Legs and just the 1st leg ruining a 30+ average

Roll on Next week