Communal Darters Diary

Place your local competition details and details of forthcoming tournaments here
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Re: Communal Darters Diary

Post by Welsh Wayne »

Bub wrote:Go steady on the Apples Wayne - wouldn't want to read a report that you missed the first game due to not seeing the board !! :CCDD: :DDDC: :CCDD:

Good Luck if you do make it :welsh

Not worth me playing darts unless i've had half an orchard ;)
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
Adie
County Player

Post by Adie »

Welsh Wayne wrote:
Bub wrote:Go steady on the Apples Wayne - wouldn't want to read a report that you missed the first game due to not seeing the board !! :CCDD: :DDDC: :CCDD:

Good Luck if you do make it :welsh

Not worth me playing darts

Fixed it for you Wayne :DDD: :DDD: :eng2 :eng2 :DDD: :DDD:
Not as mustard as Chissy
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

Xmas break thank god after a run of 3 x 7-2 defeats. Back in the third week of jan 2012 :WWWW:
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
Mr Glass
County Player

Post by Mr Glass »

Up and down last 2 weeks for me.

Played in the Sportsdale Comp in Mansfield on the 11th and made it through four rounds, before running into Dennis Smith in the Quarters. He duly beat me 4-0 with me missing doubles aplenty in the first three legs. £100 in the pocket though :D

Played two matches in my Singles League on the 14th, Winning 3-2 & 5-0. Well pleased :D (although not at my best)

Super League came on the 18th and I lost my first match of the season, going down 1-3 with a 20 average :?

Christmas Comp on the 21st saw me lose first round to a player I have never had trouble beating in the past. He played well, but I just couldn't get going.

All in all i'm struggling for consistency. (same as about a million other Worldwide dart players) :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. Elijah Price
happyintheuk
The Ton Club

Post by happyintheuk »

Thought I'd read through this topic for the first time since joining Forum. Seems to be a lot of Super League and County but not many pub team players posting (or have I just missed them?), so as a reasonable pub team player I thought I'd give my little contribution.

Seems that the inconsistencies of the great sport run through all levels which is both frustrating and joyous in equal measure. I've had games (be it sets or odd leg) in matches where I think "wow this is going so smoothly tonight" only for the next game to be pretty pants! Having said that I still haven't lost a singles match in the local Monday night league (commentator's curse for the next game!!) this winter so think I must be doing something right. However pairs is a mixture of pleasure and pain - one week 6 x ton plus scores in 2 legs but still lose 2-0, the next hit 1 ton plus score, play average but partner keeps us in it and we win 2-1. As a team though we still have managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for the majority of the season.

As for the local Friday night league, our last game I played pants in the pairs but at 1-1 and 82 left I threw a bull smack bang in the middle followed by double 16, sweet as a nut (what does that mean? I haven't tasted many sweet nuts!!). Best 2 darts of a ropey old night.

One thing to aim for this New Year (apart from the damn board) is to get my playing average to start matching my practise average. It's nothing spectacular compared to some you guys and ladies on here, but I've picked up over 6 points in the last 6 months and in practise I am regualrly between 22 and 23.5. Hopefully I can up that in practise and then start making it count in matches.

I'm no young pup (47 at the last count), but I love the game, despite the ebb and flow of bad and good nights and if I don't get beaten up too badly for just being a pub player I might just post a regular update :CCDD:
Uncle Bullseye
Steady Sixties

Post by Uncle Bullseye »

At last nights Singles KO, a fella was throwing his darts flight first!! Is this legal?
nikkiboy
International

Re: Re: Communal Darters Diary

Post by nikkiboy »

Uncle Bullseye wrote:At last nights Singles KO, a fella was throwing his darts flight first!! Is this legal?
Not definately but I would say yes
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
happyintheuk
The Ton Club

Post by happyintheuk »

A little update.

Why oh why can't I play like I practise :roll: Been improving gradually on the practise board to pretty much 70 over 10 games of 501, but in a match it's closer to 63. Still I'm not going to beat myself up too much as I'm still reasonably consistent. More a case of trying to relax more during a game and get rid of the wobbly thumb I get now and again.

Haven't lost since start of year so pleased.

:CCDD:
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

happyintheuk wrote:A little update.

Why oh why can't I play like I practise :roll: Been improving gradually on the practise board to pretty much 70 over 10 games of 501, but in a match it's closer to 63. Still I'm not going to beat myself up too much as I'm still reasonably consistent. More a case of trying to relax more during a game and get rid of the wobbly thumb I get now and again.

Haven't lost since start of year so pleased.

:CCDD:
More than likely the question we all ask ourselves , or as my mate say stupid fucking game :DDD:

Keep at It :WWWW: :WWWW:
Mallet
Brass Darts

Re: Re: Communal Darters Diary

Post by Mallet »

nikkiboy wrote:
Uncle Bullseye wrote:At last nights Singles KO, a fella was throwing his darts flight first!! Is this legal?
Not definately but I would say yes
DRA wrote:5.10 Throw:
5.10.01 A Player shall throw darts from a standing position, excepting only in those
circumstances when a physical disability or physical injury requires a Player to adopt a non-standing position (for instance from a wheelchair or similar form of support).
5.10.02 All darts must be deliberately thrown in an over arm fashion, one at a time, by and from the Player’s hand.
5.10.03 A “Throw” shall consist of a maximum of three darts thrown consecutively (without interruption for any throw by any other Player) by a Player unless a leg, set or match is completed in less than three darts thrown by that Player.
5.10.04 If the throwing Player physically touches any dart which is in the dartboard during a Throw, then that Throw shall be deemed to have been completed.
5.10.05 Any dart bouncing off or falling out of the dartboard prior to being retrieved by the throwing Player after that Player’s Throw does not count and shall not be re-thrown.
So looks OK to me.
Mallet
:darts
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

I always struggle first few games for a new team, but despite winning 11/13 at super league this season I'd never really played well.

Been put up into the Bucks A team for the first time this coming weekend, and celebrated with my first decent win of the season, 3-0 (30.06)! 3/3 on my doubles and a couple of 180s. Confident for the weekend now.
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

I played a mate a few weeks ago and lost 12-4 I think and I swear over a period of 8 legs I didn't hit a double and must have had a least 30 pops at one.

I'm sh*t but that really was bizarre because my doubles can often be OK. :sheep3
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Adrian1969 wrote:I played a mate a few weeks ago and lost 12-4 I think and I swear over a period of 8 legs I didn't hit a double and must have had a least 30 pops at one.

I'm sh*t but that really was bizarre because my doubles can often be OK. :sheep3
The only double you're OK with is a .............................................................double pimms :IIII:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

In the worst form of my life at the moment, and can't work out why.

Not helping that I'm chopping and changing my darts/set up every five minutes.

Bloody game can be infuriating at times!
chissy
County Player

Post by chissy »

played winner stays on after the game last night for £1 a time and one leg sums up my darts at the moment - i had just won so was throwing second, i hit 5 followed by 3 (never been on 493 after 6 before, honestly :D ) and my opponent had gone 81 85 or similar then i go 180 133 100 tops tops for a 17 dart leg :DDD: i hit a 14 dart leg aswell as a few others around 16/17 with a few over 21 chucked in for good measure. Gotta say that my darts are steadily coming back to where they used to be...................largely thanks to the cosmo set up i'm using!!! :DDDD:
I'm on Twitter (occasionally) follow me @originalchissy
chissy
County Player

Post by chissy »

Adrian1969 wrote:I played a mate a few weeks ago and lost 12-4 I think and I swear over a period of 8 legs I didn't hit a double and must have had a least 30 pops at one.

i'm genuinely shocked, ade hit 4 doubles!!!!! :D
I'm on Twitter (occasionally) follow me @originalchissy
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

chissy wrote:

If you think thats bad wait until you see me tomorrow :D :D :D
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

chissy wrote:

:showbum: :showbum:
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

I can sympathise with talk of consistency.

at Superleague last saturday I won 3-0.

18 dart first leg
11 darts second leg (100-180-180-41)
31 darts third leg...............!!!!!
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Did you start thinking about your average?

Last Friday I had a 30 :D