Communal Darters Diary

Place your local competition details and details of forthcoming tournaments here
happyintheuk
The Ton Club

Re: Communal Darters Diary

Post by happyintheuk »

Well last week was a pretty good one.

Helped team to reach the final of our league's cup competition. Played pretty well, even though it did include a no score when I knocked my first 2 treble 20's out with my 3rd darts which went straight in the middle of them and somehow managed ot make all of them hit the floor. Still averaged just under 67 so pleased.

Friday's league match was good too. We won 5-2 away from home and continuously hit 80 or better except when hitting 39 to leave a 170 for my partner in the pairs.

So crap one week, good the next - the joy of darts!!
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Playing in a little gig on Saturday - thought I'd have a chuck today.

Absolute sh*te.

A genuine waste of time. :banghead: :banghead:
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

davidcoyne
Superleague Player

Post by davidcoyne »

Topped our group of the league and now into the QF :-D Home and away ties, hope to get through.. first leg on Sunday night ... :darts :darts :CCDD: :CCDD: :CCDD:
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Had a league game against Paddy McGinty's side on Monday, an excellent night round.

There were 7 180's hit on the night, which is pretty impressive, including one from me! ;)

In the 3 a side there was 3 180's in four throws, unbelievable!

Then last night we had a cup semi final, and we all played like novices!

Bloody frustrating game innit!
Dan1987
Pub Champion

Post by Dan1987 »

Played like an absolute **** last night, been good in practice but soon as its game on, that all goes out the window. Same old, same old. Nerves seem to get the better of me. :banghead:

Am sure some people have the same problem, any tips?
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

League finished we came a non descript middle of the table, comps over the next cpl of friday nights .
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Got annoyed with myself last night, played a half decent team, in the singles I went 1-0 down, levelled with 91 checkout 2 darts, kicked off the 3rd with 72 (double off) then 85, 100, 140 - then missed 9 darts for the leg and missed.
This missing doubles getting me down, clipping wires but just not going in. I don't practice hardly at all which is probably the reason.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
davidcoyne
Superleague Player

Post by davidcoyne »

Played our first league QF Sunday night.. we won 11-4 at home :-) nice 3-0 for me :D away leg on Friday.. looking forward to it
chissy
County Player

Post by chissy »

davidcoyne wrote:Played our first league QF Sunday night.. we won 11-4 at home :-) nice 3-0 for me :D away leg on Friday.. looking forward to it
Keep it going dave, i was busy practising last night for when i return to dublin later this year to compete in the "damo-thursday night darts on saturday-international-friendly knockout-league-competition" :D ok so i won't win on the dartboard but i will win in the restaurant beforehand. My warm up last night went like this

Got home from work and had a roast turkey dinner about 6 o'clock, went to darts around 8 o'clock, had a few pints of beer and started chucking a few arrers. 4 people sat in the bar area ordered food and out came a fish medley, a 16oz t-bone etc etc. well it was no good that got me feeling peckish so i ordered the 20oz rump with all the trimmings (no chips though im a bit of a health freak so ihad new potatoes) that arrived shortly after. I was a bit perturbed that i had to keep getting up between chewing to throw my blinkin darts but hey ho, give and take and all that, then shock horror - i was full, there was no way i could eat the tiny piece of lettuce i had left on my plate :D anyway a few more beers and at 10 o'clock the darts food came out, thank god for that i was just starting to get hungry again. As a side note, the away team had cancelled very late in the day so it was only our team to eat the food, i tried not to let the side down and managed about 6 pieces of tiger bread with an assorted topping of cheddar cheese and home baked ham and ok i'll confess i did sneak a few of those pesky fattening chips! but all in all not a bad nights practise

oh yeah i was crap at the darts :D
I'm on Twitter (occasionally) follow me @originalchissy
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

chissy wrote:
davidcoyne wrote:Played our first league QF Sunday night.. we won 11-4 at home :-) nice 3-0 for me :D away leg on Friday.. looking forward to it
Keep it going dave, i was busy practising last night for when i return to dublin later this year to compete in the "damo-thursday night darts on saturday-international-friendly knockout-league-competition" :D ok so i won't win on the dartboard but i will win in the restaurant beforehand. My warm up last night went like this

Got home from work and had a roast turkey dinner about 6 o'clock, went to darts around 8 o'clock, had a few pints of beer and started chucking a few arrers. 4 people sat in the bar area ordered food and out came a fish medley, a 16oz t-bone etc etc. well it was no good that got me feeling peckish so i ordered the 20oz rump with all the trimmings (no chips though im a bit of a health freak so ihad new potatoes) that arrived shortly after. I was a bit perturbed that i had to keep getting up between chewing to throw my blinkin darts but hey ho, give and take and all that, then shock horror - i was full, there was no way i could eat the tiny piece of lettuce i had left on my plate :D anyway a few more beers and at 10 o'clock the darts food came out, thank god for that i was just starting to get hungry again. As a side note, the away team had cancelled very late in the day so it was only our team to eat the food, i tried not to let the side down and managed about 6 pieces of tiger bread with an assorted topping of cheddar cheese and home baked ham and ok i'll confess i did sneak a few of those pesky fattening chips! but all in all not a bad nights practise

And you still maintain your 'waif like' figure. :D
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

chissy
County Player

Post by chissy »

don't forget my stunning good looks :DDD:
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

It was a good night Michael......

However you forgot to mention who picked up the money...
chissy
County Player

Post by chissy »

Lee Taylor wrote:It was a good night Michael......

However you forgot to mention who picked up the money...
yeah its a bit hazy i remember steve clarke picking up a pot and allan, alski501 on here, picked up the big pot at the end but there was one other............................................

nah its gone, who else won? :DDD:
davidcoyne
Superleague Player

Post by davidcoyne »

chissy wrote:

Last edited by davidcoyne on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davidcoyne
Superleague Player

Post by davidcoyne »

chissy wrote:

This sounds about right chissy, one of my ambitions before i die is eat a 42Oz stake in Barnsley stake house, im sure you would join me :-) I will be attending the O2 in Dublin for prem league so im sure i will be seeing damo for a beer or 3...
davidcoyne
Superleague Player

Post by davidcoyne »

Played the 2nd leg of our league QF last night. we only need 5 legs to get through.. after first doubles we were 2-1 down, then i went in and won 3-0 and then the 2nd doubles took the last leg for us to go through.. in Semi now this friday i think..we are playing a top team but i reckon we could edge it :-) it is also over 2 legs home and away..
Adie
County Player

Post by Adie »

Well last night was our league doubles. I entered with a guy from a different team as were both reasonable players but been struggling for form and didn't want to drag anyone down. Well al clicked last night for me and i helped carry him through to the semi finals to played at a later date. So quite happy as we only lost 1 leg all night :)
Not as mustard as Chissy
happyintheuk
The Ton Club

Post by happyintheuk »

God there I was 15 darts into the 1st leg of my singles on Monday night, rolling along with 86.6 average and bang, couldn't hit a bl**dy double!! Then like an idiot i spent the whole of the 2nd leg winding myself up about it. End resuly - i lost my first Monday night singles match of the season.

Darts being darts of course I didn't score less than 60 in the pairs, which we won 2-0 and clinched the game 5-4. Talk about a rollercoaster. One minute you hate the game, the next minute it's great!!
davidcoyne
Superleague Player

Post by davidcoyne »

Had the first leg of our league semi last night.. we won 9-6, i won my singles 3 zip, played decent.. just need to take 7 to get to final.. cant wait :Irish2 :Irish2 :Irish2 :darts :Irish2 :Irish2 :Irish2
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Played a local comp last night, lost in the semis but the guy I played had a blinder, great game but in the deciding leg it took me 8 darts to get the double off hitting 92 (X D16 T20) where as he started with 116 on his first throw. That said I then hit 100 and 99 to leave 110 (401) with him on tops I centred the T20 and felt confident for the bull and cracked the wire hitting a 25. He went out next throw, played my mate in the final and was absolutely piss poor in that.
Been running around in my head, should I have gone for an 18 for D16 but I was confident of hitting the bull, cost me £75 :(
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am