Communal Darters Diary

Place your local competition details and details of forthcoming tournaments here
WCDPA
International

Re: Communal Darters Diary

Post by WCDPA »

My team are now unbeaten after 9 ! 8 wins 1 draw 2 points behind leaders with game in hand (4points win) fuck knows how got 2 good players and me , then 2 ladies and 2other guys not that great.
We have great spirit and a team mascot Sian who has a generous cleavage who distracts the better players! Cone on the Bedford Arms.
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

Last night for our league tonight singles,i,ve been drawn against a fellow team player, jan is great form so god help any bloke who draws her :D :D
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
davidcoyne
Superleague Player

Post by davidcoyne »

Have the 2nd leg of our league semi final tonight away.. we are 9-6 up. its going to be some atmosphere in their pub as it is tight and the board is tight to the way.. Looking forward to it :-)
davidcoyne
Superleague Player

Post by davidcoyne »

We won our league semi :-) we need 7 and our first doubles won 3-0. i won my singles 2-1 and our next doubles won 2-1 for us to win 7-2.. In final against Paddy Meaneys team. should be a belter :-D
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

Welsh Wayne wrote:Last night for our league tonight singles,i,ve been drawn against a fellow team player, jan is great form so god help any bloke who draws her :D :D

i crashed out 2 -1 , jan ended out losing in the last 8 of the mumbles singles comp, played brill and should have got to the semi's :DDDD: :DDDD:
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
wez4
Brass Darts

Post by wez4 »

I think i've just experienced Phil Taylor-itus!!! The result of playing a blinder to beat a good player only to play shite in the next game against lesser opposition! Is there a better term for this?

Last week i played hoping to do ok but not expecting too much. But I tried really hard and played absolutely brilliantly! This week, I told myself I was'nt going to play like that again, but somehow I kinda expected to play the same again. It did'nt happen. No nerves, just the weight of expectation on my shoulders, Played bloody crap, but somehow managed to win!?!?!

Now I have a problem! I know I can play bloody well - but how do I do it week in, week out without putting too much pressure on myself??? Bloody darts! I'm starting to dislike this game!!!
Bruce Terrett
Superleague Player

Post by Bruce Terrett »

nikkiboy wrote:Been running around in my head, should I have gone for an 18 for D16 but I was confident of hitting the bull, cost me £75 :(
Nick,
You wouldn't be asking that question if you'd hit the bull!
Perhaps you should've gone S18, D16; However, it's all about how you feel at the time (I think).
Hey Ho, we'll never know, eh?!!
chissy
County Player

Post by chissy »

Picked my darts up for the first time in over 2 months and played in a competition at Grubbys pub - The Lamb @ Clandown a week last sunday.
Drew Laner (posts on here) and hit 24 26 180 28 26 :DDD: lost that leg, next leg went the same way without the 180, then at 2-0 down i go 100, 135, 60, 140, bull miss d8 hit d4 - 15 dart leg. The marker said something akin to wtf did that come from, i apologised to all and said my right arm had been abducted by aliens and then subsequently played like a tart in the last leg :D
think i'll stick to marking
I'm on Twitter (occasionally) follow me @originalchissy
happyintheuk
The Ton Club

Post by happyintheuk »

Played in our local league finals night last weekend (16th June). Runners up in landlord and 3 comp, but won the div 2/3 singles so I was well chuffed with that especially has I had an aborration on finishing in the first leg. 17 left, hit treble 1 then for some stupid reason went for 1 again. Lost the leg and just laughed it off instead of getting upset about and played comfortably in the next 2 to win it.
paul_butler
Steady Sixties

Post by paul_butler »

My team achieved its first ever whitewash victory last night, 14-0 away from home! I'm 25 and one of the oldest in the team, got some promising youngsters in the side.
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

Well its been a while since I added to this thread so here goes

Not played since late December last year due to a motorbike accident and still struggling to walk etc

Anyway went to Selsey the other Weekend and entered the Singles, concentrated so hard on my stance and managed to win my 1st game back 3-1, lost next Round to Garry Thompson of Yorkshire and England 3-1, wasting 6 darts to make it 2-2

Struggled for balance but when I got it right, hit some big scores

Isle of Wight Premier League starts Friday Night, which I run, so obviously entered, but mainly to find my form for County in September

Had a practice today and managed 5 legs,not a lot but all around the 16-20 dart leg mark, so happy with that but it seems I feel more comfortable in bare feet than in shoes!

Knee is getting stronger and hopefully in a month or so will be able to play somewhere near my best

IOW Premier League will be odd as I was unbeaten last year in 14 matches winning 70 legs and only losing 10 legs

Pretty sure that won't be happening this time around :-)
happyintheuk
The Ton Club

Post by happyintheuk »

Played 1001 league on Thursday last week just as a stand in and couldn't believe my pairs game.

I hit 10 100 plus scores in 3 legs, a some 80's and yet we still lost our game 2-1!!

Best I've played in yonks
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

Another update

Tried playing Darts in July, but extreme pain in lower leg, so had another xray and found out the screws had snapped in leg and the Tibia and Fibula have come away from the Ankle so need a Ligament reconstruction in the very near future

Asked the Consultant for something to strengthen the leg as I want to play Darts again and he gave me a brace for my Ankle

Played against Darts for Windows tonight with said Brace on Ankle and it seemed to have worked

Won 3-2 with a 28.55 Average with 2x180's also a 116 Game Shot in 5th Leg

No pain afterwards, so hopefully be able to play Super League Next Friday, signed for a cracking side in Hampshire, 11 Players signed on and Nearly all are County Players

Left knee is holding up well, still very stiff, but able to bend enough to lean into the Dartboard

County in 2 weeks at home to Merseyside and been chucked straight in the A Side, think Robbie Green is getting him and a few team mates out on the lash on the Saturday of County on Sandown seafront, could be carnage :-)
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

I'd like to say it looks good daz but that leg reconstruction sounds painful mate, let's hope it does the trick. Nice average there especially since you've not played.

Enjoy back at county
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

Cheers Nick

Said to the missus, nice Average, just need to do it for real :-)

Extreme Pain, is the word, but life goes on
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Basgooner wrote:Cheers Nick

Said to the missus, nice Average, just need to do it for real :-)

Extreme Pain, is the word, but life goes on
iI broke both my ankles about 9 years ago, the pain is horrendous at times and it means that practice is very hard and infrequent. because of drinking when iI go out to play iI cannot take the usual pain killers, if i do will probably end up in hospital or wake up in a caravan in somewhere remote like Aberdeen!
The main problem iI have is iI cannot accept it, iI still think I'm ok and have no problems and can run around like a teenager, I'll learn, the hard way.
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

Think that's the most annoying part, when you cannot even do something as simple as Practice or walk to the shop

Thankfully the Brace should help greatfully
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

Comeback starts in earnest tonight

Representing Southampton in the Hampshire Super League, nothing like jumping into the fire, Leaving to catch the ferry at 4.30pm

Not especting too much tonight, but as long as I show some semblance of form, I will be happy and obviously will be well made up if I manage to win

8 months and counting, game on
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

good luck Daz
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Basgooner wrote:Comeback starts in earnest tonight

Representing Southampton in the Hampshire Super League, nothing like jumping into the fire, Leaving to catch the ferry at 4.30pm

Not especting too much tonight, but as long as I show some semblance of form, I will be happy and obviously will be well made up if I manage to win

8 months and counting, game on
Good to hear you are playing again