COSMO DARTS & Fit Flights player input area

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Deleted User

Re: COSMO DARTS & Fit Flights player input area

Post by Deleted User »

Have fitted up my old Tommy's Darts bombs with the new flights kindly supplied by Lee.

These are the thicker flights and I find them excellent and durable where the thinner air ones tend to lose shape if not stored absolutely perfectly.

Now I have the size 5 spinning stems I find this the perfect set-up for me.
As I wrote previously I spin the darts quite hard upon release and I believe the increased spin (and therefore stability due to the gyroscopic effect) I get contributes to a straighter trajectory.

Whenever I've changed to spinning flights I've noticed my general accuracy improves as a result of this. More T20s/T19s, more bulls and more 180s. Also my league results have improved with 5 wins in a row, 2 against very decent players who would normally have the beating of me, both despatched 2-0, one of them with a very nice 16 dart leg.

That brings me on to the other thing I've noticed. Because of the increased accuracy and consistency I'm getting more and more legs in 21 darts or fewer. I know that's only a 70 average and it's only every other leg or so, but it's happening more frequently which is translating into more legs won in friendlies and in league matches (21 darts is my current benchmark for a good, steady pub leg of darts). It also means in practice I'm starting to get 15 darts or fewer more regularly including a couple of 13-darters and a 12-darter recently which I've not done with any regularity for 15 years.

Long may this continue. :D
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Treated myself to a new case!

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Nice!
The Master
Superleague Player

Post by The Master »

pretty fast delivery then, didnt I send it on friday?
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

The Master wrote:pretty fast delivery then, didnt I send it on friday?
Mate, I was totally impressed with the speed of delivery.

It can often take as long for a letter sent internally here in the UK to arrive.

Thanks for all your efforts, I really do appreciate it!

You may well find you get a couple of orders for these now!

Lee.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

COSMO DARTS & Fit Flights player input area

Post by Lee Taylor »

We have a competition coming up real soon from our friends at Cosmo Darts.

A fantastic set of Cosmo 'Juggler' darts along with some flight cases and spare flights etc.

The great thing about these darts is the fact that whilst they are pictured here as a Soft Tip set, they also come with a set of a Titanium Conversion Points, so they can be used as a regular set of Steel Tip darts.

This competition was originally scheduled to be run alongside this past weekends German Masters event - but with the draw not being done until the day before it was impossible to arrange.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
legend670
Pub Champion

Post by legend670 »

That looks class! :) Good job Cosmo!
Do I know any jokes about Sodium Hypobromite?

NaBrO
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Nice one Lee.

Look forward to this. Looks like a nice bit of kit, I have to say :)
The Master
Superleague Player

Post by The Master »

Cosmo made a batch of special FitFlight AIRs for Finnish Open, all players got one set for free. :)
Attachments
fff.jpg
fff.jpg (25.87 KiB) Viewed 2050 times
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

The Master wrote:Cosmo made a batch of special FitFlight AIRs for Finnish Open, all players got one set for free. :)
They look great mate.

Any idea of the quantity that were made for this event?

Are you finding many players in Finland using the Fit Flight system?
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

DavidOwen67 wrote:Nice one Lee.

Look forward to this. Looks like a nice bit of kit, I have to say :)
Chris has now posted details of the competition!

We will be adding pictures of the prizes in the next day or so - just as soon as I can photograph them!
The Master
Superleague Player

Post by The Master »

Lee Taylor wrote:
The Master wrote:Cosmo made a batch of special FitFlight AIRs for Finnish Open, all players got one set for free. :)
They look great mate.

First question Im probably not allowed to answer...

More and more people are using them, I had pretty ok sales at the tournamnet and have had more orders than normally on my webshop this week. :)
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

The Master wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:
They look great mate.

First question Im probably not allowed to answer...

More and more people are using them, I had pretty ok sales at the tournamnet and have had more orders than normally on my webshop this week. :)
Excellent news.

You know I am always promoting them over here, so that is great to hear.
GreatWhiteNorth
Feather Flights

Post by GreatWhiteNorth »

Hello everyone, new to the forum. Thought I'd chime in and see whats going on, looks to be great. Here's a pic of my set-up.

Cheers, GWN...
Deleted User

Re: Cosmo

Post by Deleted User »

I've set up both mine and my daughter's darts with spinning stems and fit flights (John Part for mine, Juggler Queen for Ffion)

Have to say the quality of the John Part flights is fantastic.

I have a bunch of pictures of the set-ups but have internet problems at the moment. I'll post the pictures and a full review when my wi-fi is fixed this week.
Last edited by Deleted User on Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Here's Ffion's set-up. Juggler Queen flights with Size 5 spinning stems. The darts are 25g Red Dragon Foxy 54's. She loves the flights, but I think it's because of the bright colours rather than performance!

Having said that she says they go better with the Fit Flights and her darts are nigh on impossible to throw for normal people!

My set up. 23g Tommy's darts, size 5 (or sometimes 4) spinning stems & Official John Part flights.
These flights are spot-on for me as they are very thick and heavy which makes them extremely durable and hard-wearing so I expect a good long life from them. By the way, the ink/print-job on them is top quality too.

As mentioned previously, I get a really straight true flight through the air with this set-up for both aerodynamic and gyroscopic reasons..

I have had one problem with the stems breaking where the flight begins on quite a regular basis even though I throw (mostly) in a carpeted area. I have managed to prize the broken stem from the flight on most occasions so at least it hasn't cost me the flight as well when I've been able to do that.
Is this a common problem as I have had 3 stems break in the last 3 weeks?

Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

DavidOwen67 wrote:Here's Ffion's set-up. Juggler Queen flights with Size 5 spinning stems. The darts are 25g Red Dragon Foxy 54's. She loves the flights, but I think it's because of the bright colours rather than performance!

Having said that she says they go better with the Fit Flights and her darts are nigh on impossible to throw for normal people!

My set up. 23g Tommy's darts, size 5 (or sometimes 4) spinning stems & Official John Part flights.
These flights are spot-on for me as they are very thick and heavy which makes them extremely durable and hard-wearing so I expect a good long life from them. By the way, the ink/print-job on them is top quality too.

As mentioned previously, I get a really straight true flight through the air with this set-up for both aerodynamic and gyroscopic reasons..

I have had one problem with the stems breaking where the flight begins on quite a regular basis even though I throw (mostly) in a carpeted area. I have managed to prize the broken stem from the flight on most occasions so at least it hasn't cost me the flight as well when I've been able to do that.

Thanks David - this feedback is invaluable to Cosmo.

re the stems breaking at the point where they meet the flight - I haven't heard many complaints regarding this, and I'm not aware of any inherent problems.

I will feed this back to my contact at Cosmo and see what their thoughts are.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Lee.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Lee Taylor wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:Here's Ffion's set-up. Juggler Queen flights with Size 5 spinning stems. The darts are 25g Red Dragon Foxy 54's. She loves the flights, but I think it's because of the bright colours rather than performance!

Thanks David - this feedback is invaluable to Cosmo.

re the stems breaking at the point where they meet the flight - I haven't heard many complaints regarding this, and I'm not aware of any inherent problems.

I will feed this back to my contact at Cosmo and see what their thoughts are.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Lee.
Cheers Lee,

Next time it happens I'll take a picture. They seem to shear right across the base of the flight. Being spinning stems they are narrower at that point than the locked ones which may be a contributory factor. :)
mc1958
Superleague Player

Post by mc1958 »

I haven't used Cosmo's for a while but I only ever used the spinning stems - either the original Fit Shafts or the clear Fit Shaft Gears - and I never had any shear off at the base of the flight. The only breaks I had were at the thread end. It may be that they are using a different kind of plastic/polymer/whatever in the coloured Gear shafts as I notice you are using the black ones, or it may be something to do with the colouring they use.
The Master
Superleague Player

Post by The Master »

I have used black GEAR locked for about 20 months and I have had one stem break at the tread end.