COSMO DARTS & Fit Flights player input area

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Deleted User

Re: COSMO DARTS & Fit Flights player input area

Post by Deleted User »

What stems are you using Lee? Mine are still going regularly, though not as often as they were at one time.

I find the "clear" stems rather than the "opaque" are more brittle and hence a bit more fragile. I think I've only had a couple of the opaque white ones go but loads of clear ones of all colours.
Lee Taylor wrote:
dartbhoy1888 wrote:I've been throwing short nylon stems with harrows flights for years now..lately I've been swapping around with different stems,flights etc but keep coming back to the same set up.the cosmo set up is the only thing I have not yet tried.what would ye people recommend,as near to short nylons and harrows size flights as possible..and how many should I purchase when buying? Ive noticed some people saying the cosmo stems break.thanks folks

Hi.

I would suggest Size 2 stems and 'Shape' flights.

With regards to them breaking - they are a 'consumable' so yes, they do have a life span.

I have been throwing Cosmo for three years and have only broken two stems in that time.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

DavidOwen67 wrote:What stems are you using Lee? Mine are still going regularly, though not as often as they were at one time.

I find the "clear" stems rather than the "opaque" are more brittle and hence a bit more fragile. I think I've only had a couple of the opaque white ones go but loads of clear ones of all colours.
Lee Taylor wrote:
dartbhoy1888 wrote:I've been throwing short nylon stems with harrows flights for years now..lately I've been swapping around with different stems,flights etc but keep coming back to the same set up.the cosmo set up is the only thing I have not yet tried.what would ye people recommend,as near to short nylons and harrows size flights as possible..and how many should I purchase when buying? Ive noticed some people saying the cosmo stems break.thanks folks

Hi.

With regards to them breaking - they are a 'consumable' so yes, they do have a life span.

I have been throwing Cosmo for three years and have only broken two stems in that time.

Carbons.

Expensive initial outlay, but I can't see how you would ever break one.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Lee Taylor wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:What stems are you using Lee? Mine are still going regularly, though not as often as they were at one time.

Lee Taylor wrote:

Hi.

Carbons.

Expensive initial outlay, but I can't see how you would ever break one.
I think that's the way forward :D
The Master
Superleague Player

Post by The Master »

【Darts players from UK ONLY】
We are taking a survey about darts from UK players.
Please take a moment to complete our short survey to help us improve our product development.

https://jp.surveymonkey.com/s/WJL5Q3F

Your cooperation and time is greatly appreciated.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

The Master wrote:【Darts players from UK ONLY】
We are taking a survey about darts from UK players.
Please take a moment to complete our short survey to help us improve our product development.

https://jp.surveymonkey.com/s/WJL5Q3F

Your cooperation and time is greatly appreciated.
Done, sir.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Done
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Target_Pro Stone
Steady Sixties

Post by Target_Pro Stone »

Can anyone help me these are the cosmo stems I am using at the moment
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415542054.860122.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415542054.860122.jpg (387.57 KiB) Viewed 4903 times
But I hate the dip in the stem as it interferes with my grip although I do like the fact that it is virtually indestructible so bearing this in mind can any of you recommend a straight locked stem from Cosmo at all?

Any help is welcomed.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Target_Pro Stone wrote:Can anyone help me these are the cosmo stems I am using at the moment
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415542054.860122.jpg
But I hate the dip in the stem as it interferes with my grip although I do like the fact that it is virtually indestructible so bearing this in mind can any of you recommend a straight locked stem from Cosmo at all?

Any help is welcomed.
That is a 'Hybrid' GEAR stem.

I probably have the equivalent in 'Normal' if you want a set?

What size is it?
Target_Pro Stone
Steady Sixties

Post by Target_Pro Stone »

What is the best way to remove flights from the locked Cosmo fit shafts without bending the flight itself?
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Target_Pro Stone wrote:What is the best way to remove flights from the locked Cosmo fit shafts without bending the flight itself?
With your hand works well
JFT97
StevieB
Brass Darts

Post by StevieB »

Personally i purchased the cosmos just to try out and found them a waste of money
a waste of money in comparison to what i normally use being the deflectagrip nylon stems
and the 100 micron standard flights in which never break

and with the using them with the strong 100micron standard flights punched
which help them stay in tightly then this is cheapest method and the best method ive used

not worth the money these Air standard flights at all
having ripped 2 in no time as well as a broken stem in no time w

Whereas with the 100 micron flights in the deflectagrip stems
they last a long time as well as being a good standard

A plus also is id also rather buy British :)
Underdog180
The Ton Club

Post by Underdog180 »

Just reverted back to using my Cosmo setup and I'm enjoying the extra balance they seem to give. Currently using size 3 hybrid shafts and standard air flights.

I do have a question though for those who use the products - which case would you recommend and where would be the best place to purchase one? I don't like taking my setup apart and I'm struggling at present to find something that doesn't squash the flights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Master
Superleague Player

Post by The Master »

Cosmo has a couple of cases. I would suggest Case-S or Fit Container
http://www.wasadartshop.com/en/19-cases

A180 and Dartscorner have them too if you dont want to order from me ;)
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Underdog180 wrote:Just reverted back to using my Cosmo setup and I'm enjoying the extra balance they seem to give. Currently using size 3 hybrid shafts and standard air flights.

I do have a question though for those who use the products - which case would you recommend and where would be the best place to purchase one? I don't like taking my setup apart and I'm struggling at present to find something that doesn't squash the flights.

This is my case..

Underdog180
The Ton Club

Post by Underdog180 »

Still using my Cosmos, probably the longest I've continually used them for now. Switched from the Air flights to standards as they don't seem to wobble as much in the air.

Definitely noticed an improvement in my game, flights seem to last a lot longer when the edges have been scuffed up as well.

Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Not updated this thread for a while, but reading back through some recent comments there are quiet a few mentions of flights 'ripping' or 'tearing' especially at the base of the flight.

I have said before, but it's worth mentioning again, that this problem is virtually eliminated when using a Spinning stem.

I know a lot of you don't like the idea of a Spinning stem, and I think the name 'Spinning' doesn't help here! The Cosmo stems do not spin freely, like a windmill, but they simply allow the flight to 'turn' on the stem when hit by an oncoming dart.

I use quite a heavy (25g) dart and suffer very little flight damage, when using my Spinning Carbon stems.

The Master
Superleague Player

Post by The Master »

I see that you also use Target Storm Points that helps with keeping the flights whole. I shouldnt write this since Im selling Cosmo products but is you use storm poins or trident180 you will save alot of flights.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

The Master wrote:I see that you also use Target Storm Points that helps with keeping the flights whole. I shouldnt write this since Im selling Cosmo products but is you use storm poins or trident180 you will save alot of flights.
Yes, it makes a massive difference using the Storm points.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Here are a couple of the latest Press Releases from Cosmo:

Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Fit Flight player Jeff Smith on fire in the World Darts Trophy this weekend!