Future of the forum

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Re: Future of the forum

Post by ChrisW »

Dicie wrote:
ChrisW wrote:P.S I am also running my own business whilst doing this for free. Great that you attack me also.

Where you at any stage informed this was a paid position when taking it? I doubt it, so the "im doing this for free" as if the members owe you something dont wash. Rather sounded like the fraggle that had the old stars of darts there in your response.

I think the moderation team here at times wer far to touchy. Plus iv seen some abuse there position at times, which led me to think id be best off posting elsewhere, which i do, daily.

I find it very amusing thou, the people that complained that JC was stopping them posting, are the same ones still not posting now.
Was not. Silly thing to post. Just annoyed at the time. This happens on forums. But shouldn't be taken so seriously.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

What happened to JC's rant?
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

ChrisW wrote:
Dicie wrote:
ChrisW wrote:P.S I am also running my own business whilst doing this for free. Great that you attack me also.

Where you at any stage informed this was a paid position when taking it? I doubt it, so the "im doing this for free" as if the members owe you something dont wash. Rather sounded like the fraggle that had the old stars of darts there in your response.

I think the moderation team here at times wer far to touchy. Plus iv seen some abuse there position at times, which led me to think id be best off posting elsewhere, which i do, daily.

I find it very amusing thou, the people that complained that JC was stopping them posting, are the same ones still not posting now.
Was not. Silly thing to post. Just annoyed at the time. This happens on forums. But shouldn't be taken so seriously.
You see, we all get annoyed at times at what people post, and surely this is a good thing because it sparks debate. If the debate goes off on a tangent then so be it, but here its not let most of the time, or you will get some who think they can police the place and decide what way debates go.

df aint everyones cuppa tea, but iv seen debates started with the OP being about PL darts, and going thru everything from Oches latest conquest, to red being a bin dipping scouser, but the thing is people keep coming back, you, gaydrian, bald egg lee and others, and why do you keep coming bACK? Because its enjoyable, and its not to strict.
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Col wrote:What happened to JC's rant?

Probably deleted.

I think the REAL JC, was seen recently when Sharky died. People cant seperate from JC and a forum troll. Because they dont like what he has to say.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

I much prefer people when they are being themselves. Never understood why you would pretend to be something you are not.

Take me, I am a miserable moaning thick scottish twat and dont pretend to be anything else.
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Oh yeah, i forgot Cat keeps coming back to df as well.
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Col wrote:I much prefer people when they are being themselves. Never understood why you would pretend to be something you are not.

Take me, I am a miserable moaning thick drug dealing scottish twat and dont pretend to be anything else.
I know m8
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Dicie wrote:Oh yeah, i forgot Cat keeps coming back to df as well.
Yep I find it fun. Plus it isn't at all all about darts which makes for more discussions.

Met some cracking people from here in the past so will never stop visiting. My interest in TV darts unfortunately seems to be waning, nobody else's fault just the way it is.
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

The Cat wrote:
Yep I find it fun. Plus it isn't at all all about darts which makes for more discussions.

Met some cracking people from here in the past so will never stop visiting. My interest in TV darts unfortunately seems to be waning, nobody else's fault just the way it is.

This place would flourish if McGinty was banned Offers nothing.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Dicie wrote:
The Cat wrote:

This place would flourish if McGinty was banned Offers nothing.
Thanks Uncle Grumpy.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

The one where he claims tdf is the busiest forum out there because he posts 1000 times a day on his own?
I'd like to see a breakdown of these posters, i'd guess there at most half a dozen and he accounts for around 80% himself.
To answer your question it was probably deleted because he is banned from here for repetition.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Bram_1900
County Player

Post by Bram_1900 »

What im missing here nowadays are the pro tour write ups. These might be superfluous now we can follow the averages of the pro tour matches through live darts data, but I really liked to read these write ups. It gives you a sense of who's in form at that moment and how the darts lads are off the oche. For me as a Dutch follower, seeing the circus only passing one time a year, these write ups were valuable.

The other thing im missing is the posts by professional darts players, we've bag carrier and IMF could be found on the pro tour as well and masticman and muffinman are posting now and then, but I have a feeling dart players were more active on this forum some years back. We've had Mace for example. Once again: these insights in the darting world is what I am missing now.
hang the dj
County Player

Future of the forum

Post by hang the dj »

Bram_1900 wrote:What im missing here nowadays are the pro tour write ups. These might be superfluous now we can follow the averages of the pro tour matches through live darts data, but I really liked to read these write ups. It gives you a sense of who's in form at that moment and how the darts lads are off the oche. For me as a Dutch follower, seeing the circus only passing one time a year, these write ups were valuable.

The other thing im missing is the posts by professional darts players, we've bag carrier and IMF could be found on the pro tour as well and masticman and muffinman are posting now and then, but I have a feeling dart players were more active on this forum some years back. We've had Mace for example. Once again: these insights in the darting world is what I am missing now.
The write ups were the best thing about this place. Such a shame we don't get them anymore
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

ifm wrote:
The one where he claims tdf is the busiest forum out there because he posts 1000 times a day on his own?
I'd like to see a breakdown of these posters, i'd guess there at most half a dozen and he accounts for around 80% himself.
To answer your question it was probably deleted because he is banned from here for repetition.
JC accounts for 18% of all posts on TDF.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

hang the dj wrote:
Bram_1900 wrote:What im missing here nowadays are the pro tour write ups. These might be superfluous now we can follow the averages of the pro tour matches through live darts data, but I really liked to read these write ups. It gives you a sense of who's in form at that moment and how the darts lads are off the oche. For me as a Dutch follower, seeing the circus only passing one time a year, these write ups were valuable.

The write ups were the best thing about this place. Such a shame we don't get them anymore
Kev Dowling (bullshooter on here) still does these on the Warks forum, he is very frank at times :)

http://wdo.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4942
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ifm wrote:
hang the dj wrote:

Kev Dowling (bullshooter on here) still does these on the Warks forum, he is very frank at times :)

Isn't Kevin Dowling Sat Nav on our site.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote:
hang the dj wrote:

Isn't Kevin Dowling Sat Nav on our site.
Yes, yes he is.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

ifm wrote:
hang the dj wrote:

Yes, write ups from IFM would be great, there isnt enough markers write ups these days.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Its a red herring to blame facebook and twitter. I am fairly sure both those website were well into the "boom" stage at the point when this website changed hands and when some of the other forums like df cropped up.

Theres plenty of reasons to use forums over social media. Its very one dimensional on things like a facebook group.

The reason for any downturn is that darts, PDC darts in particular (and lets face it, thats the main focus on this particular forum) has become repetetive, stale and boring. The same tournaments, the same players, the same matches, the same presentation, the same pro tour events.

The novelty has long worn off. They may still fill arenas full of drunken mongs but that will downturn will filter to that soon too.

Theres plenty of cliches, like Paddys abscence makes the heart grows fonder or too much of a good thing etc . . . .

Whatever needed to be said about darts has been said a hundred times before. The fact that Lakeside threads are busier on this, a PDC forum speaks volumes. They have completely drenched the market and that is reflected on the darts chat on here and elsewhere.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

^^^^^^
Some good points made Routy lad.