World Seniors Darts Championships

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ILAD
International

Re: World Seniors Darts Championships

Post by ILAD »

waddle147 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:24 pm Wonder if they're going to make it Skol-style and have 8 groups of 3. I'd agree with that format personally; a lot of these old boys have got enormous goodwill amongst darts fans who would likely want to see them play more than once.
I agree, just having a knockout would kill it.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

ILAD wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:26 pm
waddle147 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:24 pm Wonder if they're going to make it Skol-style and have 8 groups of 3. I'd agree with that format personally; a lot of these old boys have got enormous goodwill amongst darts fans who would likely want to see them play more than once.
I agree, just having a knockout would kill it.
it is just a glorified nostalgia exbo that will for the most part have the standard of scottish counties matches.

I reckon it will be comedy gold
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Just accept it for what it is, the standard in the main will be half decent, but who is expecting any different?
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

BlueSpark wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:39 pm Just accept it for what it is, the standard in the main will be half decent.
Quoted for posterity. :grin:
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

FFS, this is a nostalgic trip down darting memory lane for those of us old enough to be happy to see names and faces of decades past play each other. The standard will be shite but it gives a few great faces a chance to be on telly and get a few quid and for those of us who want to watch it a chance to do that and sink a few pints, presumably at Lakeside (if it is there or at the Circus, I'll be attending).

People getting all worked up because they've dredged Gulliver up or whatever need to pipe down. It is what it is, aimed at who it is. Leave it alone.
meetthefeebles
County Player

Post by meetthefeebles »

BlueSpark wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:39 pm Just accept it for what it is, the standard in the main will be half decent, but who is expecting any different?
Absolutely.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

meetthefeebles wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:42 pm FFS, this is a nostalgic trip down darting memory lane for those of us old enough to be happy to see names and faces of decades past play each other. The standard will be shite but it gives a few great faces a chance to be on telly and get a few quid and for those of us who want to watch it a chance to do that and sink a few pints, presumably at Lakeside (if it is there or at the Circus, I'll be attending).

People getting all worked up because they've dredged Gulliver up or whatever need to pipe down. It is what it is, aimed at who it is. Leave it alone.
100% this. I can avoid Gulliver's match/es, because she has no historical context for me and will be unwatchable, but other than that I shall enjoy the nostalgia and will attend some of it if possible.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

If this is at Lakeside I am all over it, what with being half an hour down the M3 and all.
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

ChrisW wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:39 am
anyone else notice the difference here with sir bobby of george compared to the other old sweats, hes a pundit as well, that stool at lakeside beckons once more
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

in other news i see tony o shea has been granted a place ( for sing a long ability )
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

only85 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:14 pm in other news i see tony o shea has been granted a place ( for sing a long ability )
A chance for Toplad to blow another final. :D
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

rather watch o shea than gangmaster flash burnett ( one for the teenagers there )
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Seems a popular choice.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

only85 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:31 pm rather watch o shea than gangmaster flash burnett ( one for the teenagers there )
Rather watch anyone than Gulliver.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:08 pm
only85 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:31 pm rather watch o shea than gangmaster flash burnett ( one for the teenagers there )
Rather watch anyone than Gulliver.
Did she knock you back one weekend like?

hankeys_taint
Brass Darts

Post by hankeys_taint »

ILAD wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:30 pm
Unlike your family Trina has some standards. Finished licking the Irish Muppet's taint for the day yet?
I am a man from Cork
Bo selecta has great norks
Des found me deep
And bo does she seep
So all three did bork
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Ooh the multiples are out. :DDD:

Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

hankeys_taint wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:32 pm
ILAD wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:30 pm
Unlike your family Trina has some standards. Finished licking the Irish Muppet's taint for the day yet?
a multiple who names himself after someone elses taint mentioning taint yet again,

Seems like a very disturbed individual
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Kevin Painter now in :roll: think this event is starting to jump the shark. Should have stuck with the original plan of 14 bona fide "legends" with 2 wildcards.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

I agree. the Wildcard qualifier would be competitive
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021