13th April Wigan part 2

All your experiences in one place
Adie
County Player

13th April Wigan part 2

Post by Adie »

Part 2 for those of you that are still awake

Sunday

Arrived at the venue at 9.45 after a trouble free journey of 150 miles up the M6. Tis grim up north the weather was Shite, but your day is soon brightened up by a room full of dart players somehow. After taking the register and letting Dave know we were all there I handed the clipboard to Stu and made my way to board 5. After getting rid of Damien who had wondered to the wrong board I got ready to go

1ST ROUND

Tomas Seyler 6-4 Jonathon Worsley
Steve Brown 6-5 Lee Palfreyman
Mark Cox 6-4 Peter Evison

Tomas Seyler won despite not playing his best game and to be honest quite a difficult one to start the day as the pace was sedate to say the least. Steve survived a scare from Lee , who I called Joey not once not twice but three fecking times. A good quality match and good to see browner finding some true form. Don’t really remember a lot from the last game apart from How small is Peter Evison ???

2nd ROUND

Tomas Seyler 6-3 Dave Place
Steve Brown 6-5 Ken Macneil
Ronnie Baxter 6-2 Mark Cox

I don’t want to sound like I don’t like Tomas he seems a nice guy but the most memorable thing about this game was how light Daves darts go into the board. I reckon around 14gm. Ronnie is always good from a markers point of view he has a nice rhythm to mark for and scores well. This game showed that a plenty.

3rd ROUND

Ronnie Baxter 6-3 Tomas Seyler

This was a 140 fest . Ronnie must have had between 15 and 20 of them alone and this meant his throw was never in trouble. A comfortable win

4th ROUND

Michael Smith 6-1 Ronnie Baxter

The power scoring that was serving Ronnie well deserted him in this game and it was Michaeal that must of averaged around the 100 mark including a 112 finish of 20,54,38. Took a few seconds before I called game shot on that one I can tell you.

SEMI FINAL

Michael Van Gerwen 6-1 Michael Smith

Probably the best match I have ever marked. Played at a lightening pace with Michael Smith hitting a 105 average being 100% on his double and getting smashed up. The first leg Michael S went 140,180,141 and never got another go. There by averaging 153 after 1 leg and being behind. MVG averaged close on 113 and was outstanding. A true pleasure to mark and for me its games like this that keep me coming back time after time.

Hope you enjoyed my little write up.

See you all in Wigan in 2 weeks time
Not as mustard as Chissy