International

Re: Des Jacklin resigns

Post by DavidB »

Seriously??
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

craigmc wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:59 pm Not sticking up for him but even without how,things worked out he took on a thankless task.Even at local levels a chairman no matter how fair or transparent still attracts criticsm often from those who put the least in and demand everything. The BDO was screwed long before he got top job and don't think anyone could have turned it around at that point? If there are criminal acts before or after his appointment will all come out that's for sure.. Hes better off out of it and can get on with things without the circus the BDO became. Publish all his facts and dump the blame where it belongs. He made mistakes no doubt but would have been better off not taking over a sunken ship.
In fairness Craig, I do agree that Des took on a thankless task, and under normal circumstances I would applaud him for that. However let's look at his record and history.

Des joined this forum under his Dilligaf user name and tarred the entire forum as scum and wankers. A view he endorsed on alternative Social media mediums. He also stated on this very forum that he had no intention of taking over the BDO, which proved to be either a lie or a misinformed post, dependant on which view you personally take. He also stated that his account on here had been deleted, which was total bullshit, and challenged a poster on here to a fight at Brean Sands.

In his manifesto to become BDO Chairman, he clearly articulated that he had multiple sponsors on board, promised transparency in how the BDO would communicate under his tenure, and he had new events on the grid. All this before he was appointed.

Since his appointment, the BDO has degenerated to a complete and total laughing stock, to a degree, that even their biggest critics would not have thought possible, and I am sure I do not need to list the events and actions individually, as firstly we are all aware of them, and secondly, I have neither the time nor inclination to do so.

That brings us on to today, and his resignation letter, blaming the vast majority of his own organisation for his failures, and has the bare faced cheek to try to mitigate his incompetence by suggesting that fraudulent activity had been reported, and was currently in police hands, when his own dealings need to come under close scrutiny for potential malfeasance, and alleged fraudulent activity of his own.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidB wrote:Seriously??
Yes. Unless you are on about shareholders, which is rather different. They arent making day to day decisions like Uncle Des or Auntie Sue or Uncle Barry are/were.

Big Jock Knew
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Tri Nations Darts Ltd...........

No Northern Ireland? :)
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

spaceman70 wrote:Tri Nations Darts Ltd...........

Hmm....

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... 9/officers

What you thinking here then?
Big Jock Knew
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

ssjsa wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:33 pm
craigmc wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:59 pm Not sticking up for him but even without how,things worked out he took on a thankless task.Even at local levels a chairman no matter how fair or transparent still attracts criticsm often from those who put the least in and demand everything. The BDO was screwed long before he got top job and don't think anyone could have turned it around at that point? If there are criminal acts before or after his appointment will all come out that's for sure.. Hes better off out of it and can get on with things without the circus the BDO became. Publish all his facts and dump the blame where it belongs. He made mistakes no doubt but would have been better off not taking over a sunken ship.
In fairness Craig, I do agree that Des took on a thankless task, and under normal circumstances I would applaud him for that. However let's look at his record and history.

Des joined this forum under his Dilligaf user name and tarred the entire forum as scum and winkers. A view he endorsed on alternative Social media mediums. He also stated on this very forum that he had no intention of taking over the BDO, which proved to be either a lie or a misinformed post, dependant on which view you personally take. He also stated that his account on here had been deleted, which was total bullshit, and challenged a poster on here to a fight at Brean Sands.

In his manifesto to become BDO Chairman, he clearly articulated that he had multiple sponsors on board, promised transparency in how the BDO would communicate under his tenure, and he had new events on the grid. All this before he was appointed.

Since his appointment, the BDO has degenerated to a complete and total laughing stock, to a degree, that even their biggest critics would not have thought possible, and I am sure I do not need to list the events and actions individually, as firstly we are all aware of them, and secondly, I have neither the time nor inclination to do so.

That brings us on to today, and his resignation letter, blaming the vast majority of his own organisation for his failures, and has the bare faced cheek to try to mitigate his incompetence by suggesting that fraudulent activity had been reported, and was currently in police hands, when his own dealings need to come under close scrutiny for potential malfeasance, and alleged fraudulent activity of his own.
Aye I've followed the whole story closely. Lots of dirt yet to be aired no doubt but not sure where the buck stops?
Last edited by craigmc on Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

If he had took the task reluctantly on and said "we need to scale things back". Got rid of the WDT, focussed on improving the masters and trying to attain sponsorship for the 2 tv events so that they were at least self funding, and improved communication within, I would sympathise with him

He bullied his way into the job and made countless promises it was obvious were impossible to keep. He ditched a 400k sponsor by his own admission and abused anyone who dare question him.

I've no doubt he inherited countless problems. But that only makes his brash promises about the future even more baffling.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Ginge wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:40 pm

Hmm....

No thinking, just reporting. :)
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

spaceman70 wrote:

Hmm....

Well yes. All very odd. Wayne Williams and Tommy T both part of the same company Image
Big Jock Knew
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

So he says Lakeside only contributed the 329k prize fund... Well to be fair that's a pretty big contribution..... I didn't see anybody contributing anything at the 02..and going forward they would have to fund the venue hire as well as prize fund and broadcasting and everything else....
Unbelievable resignation post.. Me me me... I'm never wrong... but that has always been Des's motto and always will be.... I have no idea who might take over.. Would anybody want to take over?.... It would have to be a serious business brain and there is no evidence that Martin Adams is a serious business brain... A good player but he's no Barry Hearn or Matt Porter is he
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

Nobody showing any respect for the strenuous efforts Des made. He often worked 80 hours a day to try and keep the BDO afloat, yet not an ounce of respect on show. Sad.
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

The Crusader wrote:Didn't realise he had it so tough tbh.

The man should be knighted for keeping it afloat during those difficult times.
Thehateful180 wrote:Nobody showing any respect for the strenuous efforts Des made. He often worked 80 hours a day to try and keep the BDO afloat, yet not an ounce of respect on show. Sad.
Cough cough
Thinking of one.
Dellboy
Brass Darts

Post by Dellboy »

Hmm....

Registered office isTommy Thompson’s house.
Dellboy
Brass Darts

Post by Dellboy »

Ginge wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:29 pm
DavidB wrote:
Ginge wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:18 pm You could just answer the question as I am stumped. Which player has run a darts organisation sucessfully before whilst still playing on the tour he is in charge of?

I wasn’t replying to you :grin:

So theren haven’t been players involved in the running of a darts org before while still playing on tour?? Must have imagined history...
I can only think of Martin Adams, which was a collosal conflict of interest, didnt last long, and he resigned. I genuinely cant think of any others.
Lee Hayes and the PDO.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Yet he isnt a director. Bizarre.
Big Jock Knew
Dellboy
Brass Darts

Post by Dellboy »

Ginge wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:27 pm Yet he isnt a director. Bizarre.
Yes he is.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Dellboy wrote:
Yes he is.
I honestly never knew his real first name is William then!
Big Jock Knew
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

trotter01 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:57 pm So he says Lakeside only contributed the 329k prize fund... Well to be fair that's a pretty big contribution..... I didn't see anybody contributing anything at the 02..and going forward they would have to fund the venue hire as well as prize fund and broadcasting and everything else....
Unbelievable resignation post.. Me me me... I'm never wrong... but that has always been Des's motto and always will be.... I have no idea who might take over.. Would anybody want to take over?.... It would have to be a serious business brain and there is no evidence that Martin Adams is a serious business brain... A good player but he's no Barry Hearn or Matt Porter is he
It was a gamble to move, the reasons seem obvious, he needed sponsors to make it work as the BDO would then have substantial ticket income for the first time in ages. But alas those promised sponsors were nowhere to be seen. Add to that a high level of incompetence and a way with words and people that makes enemies very quickly, and you have epic failure. But I think he was right that Lakeside couldn't go on much longer.
Dellboy
Brass Darts

Post by Dellboy »

Ginge wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:31 pm
Dellboy wrote:
Yes he is.
I honestly never knew his real first name is William then!
Aye, and regularly accuses people of using fake names on Facebook :grin:
Dellboy
Brass Darts

Post by Dellboy »

spaceman70 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:44 pm

Hmm....

Tommy wanted Des to screw things up from the get go. Always had his eye on running his beloved BICC.