Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Little Lonely Garry
International

Re: MAD Becomes ADC

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

meetthefeebles wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:55 pm
Garry Murphy wrote:
meetthefeebles wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:49 pm
Ginge wrote:To be fair, all of Rout, Oche and Gaz have at some point said Cullen is a bottler and/or will never win anything, so the last few posts have been the online equivalent of three bald men fighting over a comb. It's entertaining, mind.
Absolutely. And I'd generally agreed that Cullen has a terrible history of not turning up for telly events. But what you have here is someone who wrote that Cullen wouldn't win anything of note calling out someone else who said almost exactly the same thing.

Huge levels of imbecility on show from all concerned. The lack of self awareness is remarkable, really
the masters is not a title of note though, unless of course you see it as some prestigious event.

for me a title of note would be one that is ranked, but why let details like that get in the way of obsessing

where as oche said he would never win on tv, which he did.
michael smith won a shanghai masters on tv, another non ranked event and I would not consider that a title of note
Of course it is 'of note'. It is a televised title with a significant prize fund played in an arena full of spectators. You must be the only person on early who would try and claim otherwise.
I have always been consistent that ranking tv titles trumps exbos, invitationals etc
believe Cross European Champs trumps Cullens non ranking title

I am a Wade fan and even i complaim when they announce him as the winner of 10 or 11 majors, sometimes they even count that mickey mouse CLoD.

That said happy for Cullen, and would have been for chizzy too, but one of them chokers had to win the event after both reached the final. If cullen goes on to win a TV title of note i will gladly accept I was wrong.....
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Little Lonely Garry
International

Just counting the Worlds, Matchplay, Grand Prix and the UK open, the original top 4 ranking majors, there has been a total of 100 events.(world champs in brackets)

46 (14) - - - Phil Taylor
13 (3) - - - Michael van Gerwen
6 - - - James Wade
4 (2) - - - Gary Anderson
4 (2) - - - Peter Wright
3 (2) - - - Adrian Lewis
3 (1) - - - Raymond van Barneveld
2 (2) - - - John Part
2 (1) - - - Rob Cross
2 (1) - - - Gerwyn Price
2 - - - Rod Harrington
2 - - - Colin Lloyd
2 - - - Robert Thornton
1 (1) - - - Dennis Priestley
1 - - - Nathan Aspinall
1 - - - Larry Butler
1 - - - Jonny Clayton
1 - - - Peter Evison
1 - - - Daryl Gurney
1 - - - Roland Scholten
1 - - - Dimitri Van den Bergh
1 - - - Alan Warriner

Number of events: 100
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Cullen won a TV title, I said he wouldn't I was wrong

Thats it really. JC twists in the wind is pathetic
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

Garry Murphy wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:20 pm
Ginge wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:01 am To be fair, all of Rout, Oche and Gaz have at some point said Cullen is a bottler and/or will never win anything, so the last few posts have been the online equivalent of three bald men fighting over a comb. It's entertaining, mind.
he played another choker in the final so someone had to win. Does that make him no longer a choker ?

I clearly stated something of note, ie a ranking title....oche said tv title.
Not every tv title is important one or the a ranking title.

In fact the PDC themselves have a skewed vision of what constitutes important.Cross won 100k when he won the Ranking European champs
Cullen won only 60k in a non ranked comp yet he gets the spot in the PL over Cross

For me the european champs is a more prestigious event, if not one of the real majors
It’s actually £120k so double the Masters. Twice as important :)
Little Lonely Garry
International

malcy93 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:20 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:20 pm
Ginge wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:01 am To be fair, all of Rout, Oche and Gaz have at some point said Cullen is a bottler and/or will never win anything, so the last few posts have been the online equivalent of three bald men fighting over a comb. It's entertaining, mind.
he played another choker in the final so someone had to win. Does that make him no longer a choker ?

I clearly stated something of note, ie a ranking title....oche said tv title.
Not every tv title is important one or the a ranking title.

In fact the PDC themselves have a skewed vision of what constitutes important.Cross won 100k when he won the Ranking European champs
Cullen won only 60k in a non ranked comp yet he gets the spot in the PL over Cross

For me the european champs is a more prestigious event, if not one of the real majors
It’s actually £120k so double the Masters. Twice as important :)
cheers, only reinforces my point
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Kevin McDine leads the rankings so far

https://www.dartsatlas.com/leagues/UCypblAwtczg

oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Top 10 of the ADC so far

1) Kevin McDine
2) Phil Borthwick
3) Tom Cromwell
4) Adam Atkinson
5) Colin Osborne
6) Steve Brown
7) Sean Holley
8) Shaun Rutter
9) Matt Jackson
10) Daniel Halsall

el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Garry Murphy wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:10 pm Just counting the Worlds, Matchplay, Grand Prix and the UK open, the original top 4 ranking majors,
Hate to tell you this mate but the Las Vegas Desert Classic was one of the original top4 ranking majors
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Dupe post please delete
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

el_ringo wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:06 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:10 pm Just counting the Worlds, Matchplay, Grand Prix and the UK open, the original top 4 ranking majors,
Hate to tell you this mate but the Las Vegas Desert Classic was one of the original top4 ranking majors
Perception is key?
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

ADC held their first 2 Winmau British Championship Tour events at the Rainton Arena in the north east

Winners

Saturday: Adam Atkinson
Sunday: Tony Newell

Over 100 players took part in both events

Next bunch of events will take place in Bristol on July 2nd & 3rd

After 10 events the top 64 will play in the ADC Winmau Championship in Reading in October

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

https://uk.dartscircuit.com/world-darts-open

Plenty of time for it to be binned just like every other big event their predecessor tried to organise.
Big Jock Knew
Little Lonely Garry
International

even if this shit goes ahead....and 20k each gender, most likely at most a first prize of 5k...pittance
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Garry Murphy wrote:even if this shit goes ahead....and 20k each gender, most likely at most a first prize of 5k...pittance
The link has the prize split. It isnt 50/50.
Big Jock Knew
Little Lonely Garry
International

Ginge wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:00 pm
Garry Murphy wrote:even if this shit goes ahead....and 20k each gender, most likely at most a first prize of 5k...pittance
even if its male heavy, I still dont see both winners getting more than 10k between them., even if it was 7 and 3 , 6 and 4 or whatever.

as you say if it goes ahead, were they not running an andy fordham event in november or somewhere around then or was that modus ?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Garry Murphy wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:41 pm
even if its male heavy, I still dont see both winners getting more than 10k between them., even if it was 7 and 3 , 6 and 4 or whatever.

as you say if it goes ahead, were they not running an andy fordham event in november or somewhere around then or was that modus ?
Or 10k and 3k as stated on the link. :roll:
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Running a load of international qualifiers for it ffs. Have they actually had a bang on the head?
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Winmau or ADC?
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

ChrisW wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:41 pm

Or 10k and 3k as stated on the link. :roll:
I prefer to just make things up rather than reading. I think it'll be 100k and 99k.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.