Dave clarkes attitude

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
God
Brass Darts

Re: Dave clarkes attitude

Post by God »

hotspur wrote:Dave Clarke is a good presenter. He does a good job of the boxing as well, however, he is only a presenter and not a darts man. I always like the guy doing the job to be knowledgable which is why I enjoy seeing the likes of Eric Bristow at the World Championships alongside Clarke.
No he's not, I think he's a crap presenter never asks a difficult question just smiles when he's asking every question. He has no emotion his players interviews after matches have to be the worst sporting interviews ever across any sport.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

God wrote:
hotspur wrote:Dave Clarke is a good presenter. He does a good job of the boxing as well, however, he is only a presenter and not a darts man. I always like the guy doing the job to be knowledgable which is why I enjoy seeing the likes of Eric Bristow at the World Championships alongside Clarke.
No he's not, I think he's a crap presenter never asks a difficult question just smiles when he's asking every question. He has no emotion his players interviews after matches have to be the worst sporting interviews ever across any sport.

So your suggestion for the presenter's spot is.........................?
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Why not a pro thats good with a mic, that wud know what to ask.... Get either Brissy or Keith ot of the spotters caravan and they wud do a great job, and know what questions to ask to get the right response.... Put someone there that actually knows the game, understands what needs asking, not someone that insists on saying how good the crowd are. Even Rod cud do it, thou think Eric wud be the man...
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Dicie wrote:Why not a pro thats good with a mic, that wud know what to ask.... Get either Brissy or Keith ot of the spotters caravan and they wud do a great job, and know what questions to ask to get the right response.... Put someone there that actually knows the game, understands what needs asking, not someone that insists on saying how good the crowd are. Even Rod cud do it, thou think Eric wud be the man...

I see Hazel Irvine is now snooker's MC for the final session, thank god for that!! :headbang:
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

spaceman70 wrote:
Dicie wrote:Why not a pro thats good with a mic, that wud know what to ask.... Get either Brissy or Keith ot of the spotters caravan and they wud do a great job, and know what questions to ask to get the right response.... Put someone there that actually knows the game, understands what needs asking, not someone that insists on saying how good the crowd are. Even Rod cud do it, thou think Eric wud be the man...

I see Hazel Irvine is now snooker's MC for the final session, thank god for that!! :headbang:

I was going to say Helen chamberlin m8, but, then i remembered.... Just someone with a small bit of knowledge of the game is all...
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Dave C gets a lot of stick, but to be honest on the odd occasion Andy Goldstein has stood in it makes you realise what a good job Dave does. BUT, I do think he overstepped the mark with Adrian on Thursday.
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

I think it would be easier said than done getting a pro to front the show.

Whatever we think about darts show presenters I suspect the job is a lot more difficult than it looks.

I think Matt Smith is now the no.1 frontman, but Clarke is OK.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.