what a surprise

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
checkmate
County Player

what a surprise

Post by checkmate »

the bdo's two eminent world champions have now both withdrawn from the EXHIBITION in inverness it's a very sad day for darts as a sport when the fans are not allowed to see such match ups due to pressure and politics. :DDDD: :DDDD: I applaud the bdo/idpa for there forward thinking and services to promote darts :lol: :lol: and can only hope anyone else asked to play does not get the dreaded phone call :oops: :oops: :oops: :banghead: :lol: :lol:
chop
Brass Darts

Re: what a surprise

Post by chop »

I know for a fact the current womens bdo/wdf no 1 world ranked lady would jump at the chance
Rudy
County Player

Post by Rudy »

In the other thread I, too, had the strong desire to express my disapproval with such developments, but to be honest, until someone in the knowing can confirm the real reason for the withdrawal it's just guessing from our side with all the relevant consequences for both Martins' reputation.

If it's true, however, and I think there's a reasonable chance it is, it's sad, but some wounds never heal and the PDC hasn't really contributed to a cosy atmosphere of mutual cooperation and communication, of course, recently, by wanting to buy out the BDO and sling out all their founders and other board members.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Get Deta Hedman in there instead
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
The Ton Club

Post by Offline »

checkmate wrote:the bdo's two eminent world champions have now both withdrawn from the EXHIBITION in inverness it's a very sad day for darts as a sport when the fans are not allowed to see such match ups due to pressure and politics. :DDDD: :DDDD: I applaud the bdo/idpa for there forward thinking and services to promote darts :lol: :lol: and can only hope anyone else asked to play does not get the dreaded phone call :oops: :oops: :oops: :banghead: :lol: :lol:

Maybe the promotor should not have advertised the event when the player in question had not yet confirmed their participation and maybe you should be sure of your facts as to the reasons the offer was turned down
checkmate
County Player

Post by checkmate »

and maybe you should too !!!!!!!! yes deta hedman would be a perfect replacement hope she says yes ? then switches her phone off :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:
The Ton Club

Post by Offline »

checkmate wrote:and maybe you should too !!!!!!!! yes deta hedman would be a perfect replacement hope she says yes ? then switches her phone off :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:
You are obviously getting your facts from a promoter than is trying to save face after advertising peoples participation before it was agreed. As you say Deta would be an ideal replacement but not a clash of world champions that the original line up was
sonofsam
The Ton Club

Post by sonofsam »

Offline wrote:
checkmate wrote:the bdo's two eminent world champions have now both withdrawn from the EXHIBITION in inverness it's a very sad day for darts as a sport when the fans are not allowed to see such match ups due to pressure and politics. :DDDD: :DDDD: I applaud the bdo/idpa for there forward thinking and services to promote darts :lol: :lol: and can only hope anyone else asked to play does not get the dreaded phone call :oops: :oops: :oops: :banghead: :lol: :lol:

Maybe the promotor should not have advertised the event when the player in question had not yet confirmed their participation and maybe you should be sure of your facts as to the reasons the offer was turned down

And perhaps the Promoter did have confirmation which was later withdrawn by both players on the "advice " of the Fat Man

I think that he is probably a descendant of those Japanese who were still carrying on the war oblivious of the fact that it had been over for years. :D
The Ton Club

Post by Offline »

sonofsam wrote:
Offline wrote:

And perhaps the Promoter did have confirmation which was later withdrawn by both players on the "advice " of the Fat Man

I think that he is probably a descendant of those Japanese who were still carrying on the war oblivious of the fact that it had been over for years. :D

I'm sure he will be only to willing to provide that confirmation then to save any misunderstandings, assuming it exists
checkmate
County Player

Post by checkmate »

as far as i can re-call anna is not a reigning world champion so there could not have been a clash of world champions. there are a few folk who have been trying to save face especially on other forums saying they know the reasons for this that and the next thing and spinning it in a way that makes there favourite look better than they are. at the end of the day the loosers are the darts fans and the players who will lose a good pay day for a wednsday night in august when they were doing nothing else anyway.......they can always wait by there phone now :DDD:
The Ton Club

Post by Offline »

I'm sorry I'm obviously missing something here if everything was confirmed and agreed as you claim what is the significance of the phone call ?????????????
If confirmation exists lets see the proof, or is there none, time to put up or shut up
mancdart
The Ton Club

Post by mancdart »

Rudy wrote:
If it's true, however, and I think there's a reasonable chance it is, it's sad, but some wounds never heal and the PDC hasn't really contributed to a cosy atmosphere of mutual cooperation and communication, of course, recently, by wanting to buy out the BDO and sling out all their founders and other board members.

can you stop trying to paint both sides as the same? this was an exbo in scotland. it wasnt a pdc or bdo event.
checkmate
County Player

Post by checkmate »

when the withdrawal of martin adams first came to light over a week ago there were some excuses being put about to try and make it look like he had not recieved a phone call.I don't see any posts about trina not having agreed untill today,you had all week to say this so i guess she must have recieved the call to, and they even gave the third member the call aswell to try and persuade him to pull out of what is an exhibition :oops: :oops: anyone else asked to play please wait by your phone :DDD:
The Ton Club

Post by Offline »

I knew that no agreement had been reached but it was not my place to say so, but now that accusations are being made then I feel it is right that they be shown up to be what they are which is totally unsubstantiated. If you have got the proof that agreement was made to participate in this event then show us the evidence, put up or shut up, or is it a case of the facts getting in the way of a good story.
checkmate
County Player

Post by checkmate »

bet you did'nt know untill adams pulled out though. anyway am sure the exhibition that will go ahead will be just as good and you will be there to watch and enjoy..
The Ton Club

Post by Offline »

checkmate wrote:bet you did'nt know untill adams pulled out though. anyway am sure the exhibition that will go ahead will be just as good and you will be there to watch and enjoy..

So we can assume that since you have not provided any evidence that none exists ? Would have attended if it was a bit closer to home
checkmate
County Player

Post by checkmate »

what evidence do you want there was a verbal agreement between friends (should be good enough) i could lay off stuff but can't be bothered it's their loss. i am not having a go at the players as such, it's the system that is pressuring them not to play that is more of a concern.what do you suggest people do from now on tape their phone conversations :?:
The Ton Club

Post by Offline »

You weren't party to those telephone conversations so are only going on hearsay and only hearing one side of the story so are making accusations without knowing the full facts. I wasn't party to those conversations either but I'm not the one wrongly accusing people of backing out of an agreement that was never made.
Wookiee
Pub Champion

Post by Wookiee »

Offline wrote:I wasn't party to those conversations either but I'm not the one wrongly accusing people of backing out of an agreement that was never made.
How do you know that he has 'wrongly' accused anyone of anything then?
The Ton Club

Post by Offline »

Wookiee wrote:
Offline wrote:I wasn't party to those conversations either but I'm not the one wrongly accusing people of backing out of an agreement that was never made.
How do you know that he has 'wrongly' accused anyone of anything then?
I have got information that backs it up but I am not willing to break a confidence to provide that information. I am not the one that brought the subject up on the forum and made accusations about peoples participation, and I am not assuming that checkmate is a he but you are so you obviously know who he is which is more than I do.