what a surprise

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
checkmate
County Player

Re: what a surprise

Post by checkmate »

does not matter who i am, do you seriously think a promoter would have 700 programmes printed telling people about a forthcoming event without some form of agreement from the players it would do his reputation no good .your info can only be verbal from one side, so we will just have to agree to disagree. as i said before it's not the players its the system that does not want them to play that is the real problem it could have been a great exhibition and i'm sure given a free choice it would still be on.we could go on for ever like this so this is my last word on the matter.
chop
Brass Darts

Post by chop »

Deta has just come back from 2days playing against the men at the cotgrave open and an event in castle bromwich been great 2 days of brilliant darts good fun and though Deta didn't win done quite well just been great darts ....... Players were about 50/50 bdo/pdc but all that mattered to them was that they were darters end off!!
As to Deta turning off her phone why???? If she was offered the exhibition she would agree if anyone tried to stop her she would make a stance and fight !! Darts is about enjoyment to players and spectators this is an exhibition forgods sake
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

chop wrote:Deta has just come back from 2days playing against the men at the cotgrave open and an event in castle bromwich been great 2 days of brilliant darts good fun and though Deta didn't win done quite well just been great darts ....... Players were about 50/50 bdo/pdc but all that mattered to them was that they were darters end off!!
As to Deta turning off her phone why???? If she was offered the exhibition she would agree if anyone tried to stop her she would make a stance and fight !! Darts is about enjoyment to players and spectators this is an exhibition forgods sake

Sums my thoughts up exactly.
checkmate
County Player

Post by checkmate »

chop wrote:Deta has just come back from 2days playing against the men at the cotgrave open and an event in castle bromwich been great 2 days of brilliant darts good fun and though Deta didn't win done quite well just been great darts ....... Players were about 50/50 bdo/pdc but all that mattered to them was that they were darters end off!!
agree totally :D hope she is asked and says yes . :DDDD: :DDDD:
chop
Brass Darts

Post by chop »

deta would love to be offered and would accept whatever pressures came to bear , i think its about time someone stood up to whoever has persuaded our two great champions in the bdo to not play this event,im not a rich person but if deta was denied permission to play in an exhibition event i would seek legal advice surely it must be restraint of trade
checkmate
County Player

Post by checkmate »

don't think you'll have long to wait to find out ;) in my opinion
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Deta's attitude is what dart players should be....support the organisation you play in but also do the best for your own earning potential and career
i think that those who " know the reasons" for the withdrawals should make them public or an official statement made because if their were genuine reasons then i am sure people wooul understand !...but as it looks pretty obvious that pressure was put on by the IDPA or BDO then i wont hold my breath and it just deoesn't reflect well on Adams or Gulliver which is a shame as most players will play opens or exhibitions with different code players with no problem
i was at the Oldham Open last week and Wes Newton played Stephen Bunting in the final..no problem...i have seen Phil Taylor play Tony O'Shea and Darryl Fitton in exhibition and it was a great night...no PDC and BDO nonsense...just great darts by all
At least Ted Hankey played the GSOD when i know for a fact Martin Fitzmaurice had a word and didn't want him to play so fair play to Ted on that and i would respect Adams and Gulliver more if they had the bottle to stand up for themselves....great players both yes but their reputations are damaged by this and that is a great shame
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Their reputations are tarnished because and exhibition didnt go ahead? Do you understand what an exhibition is?

Have a day off!
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
chop
Brass Darts

Post by chop »

thought an exhibition was all about giving the public what they want to see, its not a ranking event its an event peoople want to see more of in the dart community!
because of politics chances to see cross code games are few and far between anf from a person who watches and sometimes plays in bdo events regretfully admit most of the barriers seem to come from ourside!
TDSS
Steady Sixties

Post by TDSS »

checkmate wrote:the bdo's two eminent world champions have now both withdrawn from the EXHIBITION in inverness it's a very sad day for darts as a sport when the fans are not allowed to see such match ups due to pressure and politics. :DDDD: :DDDD: I applaud the bdo/idpa for there forward thinking and services to promote darts :lol: :lol: and can only hope anyone else asked to play does not get the dreaded phone call :oops: :oops: :oops: :banghead: :lol: :lol:
I exhibit no surprise at this - Olly Croft at his best
Nothing to see here.....
chop
Brass Darts

Post by chop »

DETA HEDMAN happily has accepted the invitation to appear in this event, after her comeback achieved her first tournament win at granite city Aberdeen just 11 short months ago ,in that time has regained the number 1 ranking in the bdo inv table ,the zuiderduin masters and the WDF world rankings so scotland has good memories for her,made many friends at granite city and recieves good luck and well done messages throughout the last year! it was even suggested she changed her name to Deta Machedman......."the mighty mac"
many thanks to all at aberdeen especially derek debs and elaine
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Good luck to Deta in this Paul should be a good one
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
checkmate
County Player

Post by checkmate »

chop wrote:thought an exhibition was all about giving the public what they want to see, its not a ranking event its an event peoople want to see more of in the dart community!
because of politics chances to see cross code games are few and far between anf from a person who watches and sometimes plays in bdo events regretfully admit most of the barriers seem to come from ourside!
look forward to seeing you in inverness, you'll have a great time :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD:
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

chop wrote:DETA HEDMAN happily has accepted the invitation to appear in this event, after her comeback achieved her first tournament win at granite city Aberdeen just 11 short months ago ,in that time has regained the number 1 ranking in the bdo inv table ,the zuiderduin masters and the WDF world rankings so scotland has good memories for her,made many friends at granite city and recieves good luck and well done messages throughout the last year! it was even suggested she changed her name to Deta Machedman......."the mighty mac"
many thanks to all at aberdeen especially derek debs and elaine
Excellent stuff, she should defo go for the machedman name, she will endear herself with the most passionate fans in the world if she does.

I am still gutted that I am missing this by a few days. :crybaby2:
chop
Brass Darts

Post by chop »

Deta is going to granite city open on July 2nd for her fav tourny , end of July is doing an exhibition with brian 'pecker' woods then the event in Inverness!! Think we might have to pack our bags and head over the wall(hadrians)!
Bub
Pub Champion

Post by Bub »

chop wrote:Deta is going to granite city open on July 2nd for her fav tourny , end of July is doing an exhibition with brian 'pecker' woods then the event in Inverness!! Think we might have to pack our bags and head over the wall(hadrians)!
Hooray for Deta :DDDD: and the very best of luck to her. Great stuff
Onwards and upwards for Deta me thinks !

Hope to be marking her board in Barnsley

Bub