assuming you don't flounce off again. oh wait

or do and bottle it, again.
oche balboa
International

Re: questions to the BDO, IDPA and anyone else

Post by oche balboa »

Don't worry about him rob

He is an attention seeker
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Post by Justin Credible »

oche balboa wrote:Don't worry about him rob

this is exactly what I was explaining to pauley.
You bring it on yourself.
Every time you or oyur body double , the pikey looking moongoose log in its straight to my posts to reply.
Then have the nerve to whinge about me.

Ask your special needs teacher to explain that to you.
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

Calm down lads we've all had a drink. :sheepshag2
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Justin Credible wrote:
oche balboa wrote:Don't worry about him rob

this is exactly what I was explaining to pauley.
You bring it on yourself.
Every time you or oyur body double , the pikey looking moongoose log in its straight to my posts to reply.
Then have the nerve to whinge about me.

You bring the worst out of many posters, the mocking will not work either
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

I have to admit that Pauly is not necessarily my cup of tea, purely because i'm less interested in his areas of expertise but i have to admit he really can stick it to peeps when on his topic.
SOS knows this i feel as his "last word on this subject" comment was a bit of a surrender.
Nicely done Pauly, you keep sticking it to the man.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

ifm wrote:I have to admit that Pauly is not necessarily my cup of tea, purely because i'm less interested in his areas of expertise but i have to admit he really can stick it to peeps when on his topic.
SOS knows this i feel as his "last word on this subject" comment was a bit of a surrender.
Nicely done Pauly, you keep sticking it to the man.
just hate hypocracy mate it was a pdc event so theirs to cancel ,but dont bullsh1t people about it.
Bigwilma
Pub Champion

Post by Bigwilma »

Justin Credible wrote:
Takes a big man JC to take a shot like that you must feel great well done. Your BDO/IDPA/Ross/Adams inspired psychosis is a fecking cancer on this board.
Admin
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Admin »

User Justin credible naughty stepped again for his constant digs.

No time limit given as this is the third time it has happened
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Agree entirely with Admin's reaction to say that someone with learning difficulties is thick, is quite frankly disgusting.

Normally I can just follow the banter and laugh at it but Justin you cross the line with that one.
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

01. When were you advised by the BBC that they were not carrying the Masters?

This is confidential information. The BDO have enjoyed an excellent broadcast relationship with the BBC since 1978 and it very proud of that fact. The only reason that the World Masters cannot be scheduled this year is because BBC Sport have been forced to make 20% cuts to their budget. This has also impacted on other sports like snooker and bowls.

02. "it's been 360 days since the Super Series was announced, are there any further details to go with the initial press release dated 14th July 2010?"

This is for the IDPA to respond to and not the BDO.

03. what are the plans are for next years Masters and do they have any plans to start up some new tournaments that would perhaps get shown on ESPN.

We are just sorting out this year with a new broadcaster and venue. Of course we have every intention of building up a relationship with ESPN now and in the future. The Masters is their first involvement in darts and, for the record, the BDO have been in talks with ESPN since January 2010.

04. Dear BDO, why is there no qualification criteria for 2012 Lakeside published as of July, three quarters into the current Lakeside qualification cycle?

The Lakeside International Play-Offs will be in Hull in September during the World Masters. This has been publicised and the cut-off is on the BDO website. Go to http://www.bdodarts.com and click on to ‘Events Diary’. The cut-off date is October 10th.

05. What is their take on the EDO who seem to be receiving a positive press about their recent events

We cannot possibly comment on another organisation.

06. Are there any plans to change the distribution of prize money in BDO events, more along the basis of the EDO rule

Again, the BDO cannot be influenced by other organisations and issues like prize money are always under review but not for general consumption until they are confirmed. The BDO is not a ‘promises, promises’ organisation. Looking after the whole sport and its players, irrespective of age, gender or ability is a massive responsibility.

07. Does anyone at the top table of the bdo see a problem with the direction they are going and do they think the massive amount of criticism they get has merits and needs reviewing ?

I cannot possibly answer this question. The BDO is run democratically and there is an AGM every year for such questions to be raised.

08. What do the directors of the BDO/IDPA feel are the strengths and weaknesses, (or areas they feel could be improved if you like,) of their organization?

Again, you surely do not expect me to answer such a question? Perhaps you should attend the AGM on August 7th and ask it yourself?

So to summise, Robert Holmes finally replied with some answers after I had sent him a wake up call email with regards to lack of answers coming out of the BDO and fair play to him for answering

Alas he hardly touched on any answers and most of his answers are worthless chip paper

Martin Fitzmaurice on the other hand has been a right knob and cannot see him answering anything whatsoever, so as always everyone will be in the dark

The worst thing about all this, is if you ask the EDO nad certainly Tommy Thompson you get a straight answer
hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

Doesn't the EDO fall under the umbrella of the BDO?
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

hang the dj wrote:Doesn't the EDO fall under the umbrella of the BDO?
Yes and No

As their events gain BDO Points etc, but its the EDO who maintain the events from start to finish

I guess
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

the BDO like a comment don't they...a no comment :) ....which is one more comment than you get from the IDPA
i've given up hope of progress from these organsations...cloak and dagger dark age stuff....i think it's all down to the EDO to try and push the non PDC side forward and they have started well and at least try to be open and honest which is something the BDO ahve never been and judging from those answers never will be...shocking
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Those replies are a pile of keek.
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

trotter wrote:the BDO like a comment don't they...a no comment :) ....which is one more comment than you get from the IDPA
i've given up hope of progress from these organsations...cloak and dagger dark age stuff....i think it's all down to the EDO to try and push the non PDC side forward and they have started well and at least try to be open and honest which is something the BDO ahve never been and judging from those answers never will be...shocking
Completely agree and judging by TT's comments recently, he is also resigned to the way the BDO are heading or have headed

Almost a waste of time in Robert replying really, especially as his answers were meant to built around a piece on the Gold Cup, which was a good event
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

hmmm at least you tried gooner and we have just got a taste of what the county delegates have had to put up with for years
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

nikkiboy wrote:hmmm at least you tried gooner and we have just got a taste of what the county delegates have had to put up with for years
I might just go up as a County Delegate and stir some :-)
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Great work Basgooner.
Maybe we ALL should "Ask Robert Holmes"!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Basgooner wrote: 04. Dear BDO, why is there no qualification criteria for 2012 Lakeside published as of July, three quarters into the current Lakeside qualification cycle?

The Lakeside International Play-Offs will be in Hull in September during the World Masters. This has been publicised and the cut-off is on the BDO website. Go to http://www.bdodarts.com and click on to ‘Events Diary’. The cut-off date is October 10th.
What a load of total horse b*llocks.

I ask a question and the answer given is utterly pathetic.

Yes, I know when the playoffs are, big whoop. How many players qualify from them? How many qualify through the table? You know, basic information such as that?

How the players can do the Tour not knowing what they need to do to get to Lakeside is ridiculous. I remember last year Steve Douglas didnt have a clue whether he was in or out until the very last minute.
Big Jock Knew