James Richardson in Derby

All your experiences in one place
shabbadooleys
Steady Sixties

James Richardson in Derby

Post by shabbadooleys »

Hi all :MAD: :MAD:
So back to the players championships in Derby its been a long break for me since my last one but put my efforts in other open's around England and Ireland. ;)
We started the journey friday afternoon up to Derby to watch FACE OFF at the Heritage Hotel and what an evening of entertainment it was with players like Barney,Osbourne,Anderson,Hankey involved and the qualifiers Ricky Sudale, Andy Hibbert, Drew Smith,Lyndon Hextall,.Barney came out being the winner in a cracking final against Colin Osbourne he finished a 170 finish on the last leg. ;)
I would like to thank Matt Ward and M.D.A Promotions for a well run and entertaining evening superb :D .
Saturday..
I arrive at the venue around 9.15 am with my wife Carolyn my daughter Paige and my son Josh, i was really looking forward to this one as being the new sponsored player by TSOD and with my recent form away from the P.D.C, i done my usuall practice routine up to when the draw was made around 11.30 :CCCCC: :CCCCC:
In my first round i was up against the 'Muffin Man'' Steve Hine and this was alway's going to be a toughy as Steve has so much experience.I won the bull and not really sure how the game started but i was a bit nervous in the first couple of legs but then got into the swing of things and my confidence began to rise and won this match 6-3.In round 2 i was up against Pete ''THE SEAT ''H
udson and you may wonder why he's been named this because he was sitting on a plastic white garden chair and the legs gave way and Pete found himself on the floor and wet with beer over him a loud cheer from every one in the venue it was so funny probably not for you Pete mate.I won the bull and scored quite well in these game winning it 6-2 but Pete missed a few doubles which could of changed the game around we had a chat afterwards and he struggled because his shirt stuck to him after having that beer over him. :CCCCC:
So now im in the board final up against Ronnie Baxter and knowing he had just won one of the last one's in Canada would be a real test.I won the bull but found myself 3-1 down i came back at 3-3 then produced to legs of some quality going out in both legs in 11 darts so find my self 5-3 up but Ronnie showed some class of his own in the next leg with me 5-4 up i hit three 140's on the trott but never had a shot at the double so game on 5-5 and i had the darts and held my nerve and produced a very fine win over a top 16 player.In the last 16 i was up against Kevin Painter and in recent tour events ive not had good results against but thought to myself come on youv'e played so well today just keep it going,but wasn't to be as i found myself 4-0 down and not playing to bad i got the next 2 legs and thought would this be a comeback but was short lived as Kev took the next at 5-2 down i had a 11 darter 180,140,100,81 out in 2 darts but couldn't repeat it as Kev went out in 15 darts to win the match 6-3,i was disappointed with my self but sat down with Adie and Dazand they gave me so much praise how i played today which if i could take into sunday would be a really good weekend for me.
I stayed around to watch the youth tour then after done some chalking for the markers cup which was a very entertaining tournament also i was looking forward to watch Adie'APOLLO'Mason he won his first game 3-1 but lost in the 2nd round to Scott Gibling.My best game i watched was full of humour and banter as Scott Rollings took on Kirk the 'COUNTDOWN KID' Kirk came out on top but u had me in stiches well done guy's.Kirk then battled through and found him self in the final against Scott Gibling a very good game it went all the way but Kirk just won it taking out a 120 finish well played Kirk.
Sunday :MAD:
I arrived back at the venue at 9.15 am and again done my usuall practice routine untill 11.30 when the draw was made my first round opponent was Steve Maish i don't know alot about Steve's game but another one with televised experience so will keep focused throughout i won the bull and scored steady and found my self 3-0 up i think steve took the next but then he struggled only to see me win the match 6-1 its hard to take as a player with Steve who has alot of experience but couldn't produce his own game keep going bud dont give in.
Round 2
My next opponent was Mark Hylton another player in good form so would be another test of my ability i won the bull but legs seemed to be going against the darts untill mid way through it was a very high scoring game this went 5-5 and my darts in the last leg and i won it in 15 darts taking out double top with my last dart Mark a true gent and a player i have so much respect for.So another board final and they dont come much harder than John Part who in canada's player championships won there so he was coming into today on form but so was i.I lost the bull and things just went bad to worse as i had at least 10 darts on the floor i found the board hard they just wouldn't stick in so playing more or less with 2 darts was very hard to keep my concentration and so it seemed to hard as John won this match 6-3 and a game which i would rather forget.But we had a chat afterwards and he said a few other players had the same problem so is there a issue with unicorn boards at the moment.
So all in all ive had my best run on the tour to date and hope to keep it going.
I would like to give a huge thanks to my family, Adie'APOLLO'Mason his better half Shellie,Paul and Linda Sheppard for your support over the weekend and last but not least a gentleman who without him i wouldn't be where i am now he has so much believe in my game thanks to Daz Kitchen :)

James'Ruthless'Richardson :Eng :Eng
Proudly Sponsored by........

Dicie
International

Re: James Richardson in Derby

Post by Dicie »

Nice read lad, well played
crispy1978
County Player

Post by crispy1978 »

Great write up James - I saw a bit of your games on Saturday, and you seemed to be playing really well.

I played Scott in the first round of the Officials Cup - the guy is so funny, it's untrue - and such a nice bloke as well!

Good luck for the rest of the season! :)
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Great report you played very well all weekend. Very unlucky against John Part, on one occasion James's 3rd dart knocked 2 darts out already in the T20. :banghead:

Onwards and upwards mate. :)
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Well played James hope for more to come.
jma1984
The Ton Club

Post by jma1984 »

Well played James

The results over Mark Hylton and Peter Hudson were very impressive both very good floor players
Proud member of the TSoD Sponsorship scheme of James Richardson 2011
Proud member of the TSoD Sponsorship Scheme of Richie Howson 2012
TSoD World Matchplay prediction champion 2011

Twitter - @Jayandrewswba
Albion,Darts,Boxing that is all
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Got to be honest, Unicorn gave us 2 boards to use for the dart marathon but even I found them to be damned hard and i tend to chuck with a bit of velocity...not sure whats happening with Unicorn boards at the min.
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
The Suit
Pub Champion

Post by The Suit »

I suggest a points switch, some of the gold coated points seem very good at reducing bounce/fall outs.
To be fair a dart taking out 2 others in the t 20 is either phenomenal bad luck, or a sing that switching was needed!

fantastic form from James in recent times though and very good to see another player come from an unusual background and make a dent in the system. have watched James for quite sometime and very pleased to see him do well.
JP 180
The Ton Club

Post by JP 180 »

Great choice by the sonsorship scheame again.
The best forum knows how to pick the best players James, well done mate the weekend and quite sure you will keep them results coming.

:DDDD:
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

JP 180 wrote:Great choice by the sonsorship scheame again.
The best forum knows how to pick the best players James, well done mate the weekend and quite sure you will keep them results coming.

:DDDD:
I look forward to the day when James plays Justin - who will I support ;) ;)
hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

Well done James & good read
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Some great scalps - Baxter particularly.

Really good stuff. :DDDD:

JP v JR will be a bloody good game when it happens. :D
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Dave33
Pub Champion

Post by Dave33 »

well played mate , good results
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”
mattmcleod180
Brass Darts

Post by mattmcleod180 »

great darts at the weekend m8 :)
The Voice
Steady Sixties

Post by The Voice »

Great read mate. Was a pleasure to mark for you on Sunday. As I said after the game, without those darts on the floor it would have been so much different. See you in wigan if not before mate.

Follow me on Twitter @bdopdcmc
bluemoon
The Ton Club

Post by bluemoon »

Fantastic weekend mate.....going from strength to strength......my only wish now is that shell lets me watch you play :D :D :D

By the way mate you are where you are because you can play.....and you are getting better and better......

Well done.....see you soon....
shabbadooleys
Steady Sixties

Post by shabbadooleys »

thanks for my replies to everyone saturday night in the officials cup i thought that was fantastic.Perhaps would of been a different score line andy against part but hey ive had a brill weekend ,and JR V JP it will probably happen somewhere down the line but hopefully one which could wait for a televised event which would be very special im sure justin would like that.Justin has done really well over the two years and wish him the very best in the future he's a really nice guy and alway's speaks i have alot of time for him.

Shell
Steady Sixties

Post by Shell »

bluemoon wrote:Fantastic weekend mate.....going from strength to strength......my only wish now is that shell lets me watch you play :D :D :D

By the way mate you are where you are because you can play.....and you are getting better and better......

Well done.....see you soon....
You know the rules daz lol When you stop becoming a jinx you can watch... until then you can find out how he's doing on twitter :D
Twitter - @shellx180
shabbadooleys
Steady Sixties

Post by shabbadooleys »

she loves being cruel daz

Shell
Steady Sixties

Post by Shell »

shabbadooleys wrote:she loves being cruel daz