Deluded... simply deluded

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
trotter01
Pub Champion

Re: Deluded... simply deluded

Post by trotter01 »

Merchandise manager does not use social media.. amazing..

The whole world revolves around social media these days...the BDO should be getting a youngster in to show them how social media when used correctly could grow and enhance a business greatly... Social media is not just bunging a Torremolinos advert on Fanatics and then arguing with the Jacklin kids.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

trotter01 wrote:Merchandise manager does not use social media.. amazing..

The whole world revolves around social media these days...the BDO should be getting a youngster in to show them how social media when used correctly could grow and enhance a business greatly... Social media is not just bunging a Torremolinos advert on Fanatics and then arguing with the Jacklin kids.
He is lying as he posted his resignation speech on Fanatics using his bloody Facebook account.
Big Jock Knew
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

Wazza180 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:27 pm I am genuinely curious, how far would someone have to go before any of you reacted?

I honestly believe a man should defend his wife/girlfriend when she is subject to wonderful abuse by idiots on forums and social media and in person, where do you draw the line? I don't agree with how the Jacklins have responded but I do understand them.
The Jacklin's currency is threats and intimidation. It always has been, and probably always will be. They can't let their feral pet midget Kane call people "nonces" and threaten violence on Facebook (often for legitimate criticism), all while complaining about getting abuse. That's not to mention all the threats they make.

Of course two wrongs don't make a right, but people in positions of authority have to rise above abuse to an extent and go through the proper channels when it crosses the line. Barry Hearn cops abuse on twitter, I've yet to see him go on social media threatening slaps. There are plenty of sport authority figures who cop the dogs abuse.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Thehateful180 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:35 pm
Wazza180 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:27 pm I am genuinely curious, how far would someone have to go before any of you reacted?

I honestly believe a man should defend his wife/girlfriend when she is subject to wonderful abuse by idiots on forums and social media and in person, where do you draw the line? I don't agree with how the Jacklins have responded but I do understand them.
The Jacklin's currency is threats and intimidation. It always has been, and probably always will be. They can't let their feral pet midget Kane call people "nonces" and threaten violence on Facebook (often for legitimate criticism), all while complaining about getting abuse. That's not to mention all the threats they make.

Of course two wrongs don't make a right, but people in positions of authority have to rise above abuse to an extent and go through the proper channels when it crosses the line. Barry Hearn cops abuse on twitter, I've yet to see him go on social media threatening slaps. There are plenty of sport authority figures who cop the dogs abuse.
Good post and wholly accurate. :DDDD:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

Thehateful180 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:35 pm

Or in the case of Ed Woodward gets his house attacked!
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

My point is the Jacklins have a reason for angrily ranting after the abuse they takes. I do not condone it, I just understand why the family get angry when they are attacked.

The abuse has never stopped, every thread on here for example has a dig at either Des or Paula. It is the same suspects. Mr Spencer, his lapdog, the list goes on and on.

I get the Hearn point but then I haven't seen anyone post wonderful things about his wife's appearance so cannot be sure he would react the same way as if someone said he was a crook or his boxing company is rubbish.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Wazza180 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:58 pm My point is the Jacklins have a reason for angrily ranting after the abuse they takes. I do not condone it, I just understand why the family get angry when they are attacked.
Oh please. It is them doing the attacking. I know you're a trolling, but I'm sure there are countless examples of how they are not the victim.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

.Image
Big Jock Knew
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

Dannyboy wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:02 pm
Wazza180 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:58 pm My point is the Jacklins have a reason for angrily ranting after the abuse they takes. I do not condone it, I just understand why the family get angry when they are attacked.
Oh please. It is them doing the attacking. I know you're a trolling, but I'm sure there are countless examples of how they are not the victim.
How much can one man take?

Paula is constantly made fun of on darts forums. Mostly due to her appearance. If a bunch of trolls were calling your wife all sorts of nasty names, how long would it be before you responded?
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

I've said it before, at some point karma catches up and the trolls will have to answer to someones face why they have said disgusting, wonderful things about people.

Oh, and let's not pretend, this is all because they are associated with the BDO I think not.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

They had loads of chances to sort this and have decided to attack people who use Social Media instead
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

Wazza180 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:10 pm I've said it before, at some point karma catches up and the trolls will have to answer to someones face why they have said disgusting, wonderful things about people.

Oh, and let's not pretend, this is all because they are associated with the BDO. I think not.
Karma is a non existent fairy story spouted by people to make themselves feel better by denying the inherent unfairness of life. Although if I did believe in Karma, I would say that some of this Karma biting them on the backside. Didn't one of them wish cancer TT? Of course that didn't stop the gullible old sod voting for them, but he isn't blessed with a brain cell surplus.

Trying to dress this up as BDO bashing is utter nonsense.
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

Wazza180 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:10 pm

Oh, and let's not pretend, this is all because they are associated with the BDO. I think not.
Out of interest, do you think the BDO players, BDO fans, and BDO officials who are criticising them are also PDC fanboys?
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Thehateful180 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:21 pm
Wazza180 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:10 pm

Oh, and let's not pretend, this is all because they are associated with the BDO.I think not.
Out of interest, do you think the BDO players, BDO fans, and BDO officials who are criticising them are also PDC fanboys?
BDO County Official here.

Des is copping heat because he is an incompetent, inept, useless pathological liar.

Not because he is in the BDO.

He's getting criticised by me because I want the BDO to succeed and he is not, never has been and never will be the right man for the job.
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

I am not defending how the Jacklins have run the BDO.

My main point is that you can't blame the Jacklins completely for their conduct on social media. The interviewee was right to point out that the trolls have made disgusting comments about the Jacklins.

Are we really going to say that comparing Paula to Bo Selecta is okay? I believe a man should defend his wife.
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

Wazza180 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:29 pm I am not defending how the Jacklins have run the BDO.

My main point is that you can't blame the Jacklins completely for their conduct on social media. The interviewee was right to point out that the trolls have made disgusting comments about the Jacklins.

Are we really going to say that comparing Paula to Bo Selecta is okay? I believe a man should defend his wife.
What's he defending his wife from? Nasty words on a screen? If it's defamatory or threatening then he has legal recourse. If it's genuine criticism or someone comparing her to Bo Selecta, then is Paula put in any danger? Steve Bunting got compared to Peter Griffin. He ran with it.

In the position Des is in, he has to be held to higher standards of behaviour. Sponsors are not going to want a bar of an organisation whose main man is a thin skinned horse braider, threatening people left right and centre.
mapleleafdarts
Steady Sixties

Post by mapleleafdarts »

Thehateful180 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:40 pm
Wazza180 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:29 pm I am not defending how the Jacklins have run the BDO.

What's he defending his wife from? Nasty words on a screen? If it's defamatory or threatening then he has legal recourse. If it's genuine criticism or someone comparing her to Bo Selecta, then is Paula put in any danger? Steve Bunting got compared to Peter Griffin. He ran with it.

In the position Des is in, he has to be held to higher standards of behaviour. Sponsors are not going to want a bar of an organisation whose main man is a thin skinned horse braider, threatening people left right and centre.
:DDDD: :DDDD:
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Wazza180 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:29 pm The interviewee was right to point out that the trolls have made disgusting comments about the Jacklins.

You used almost those very words several times to me when you played at Cheshire, Ian.
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

Paula and the kids are the most spiteful hateful posters on Facebook... and its not self defence... How they can criticise anybody for social media postings is beyond me..and same for anybody defending them

and disliking the Jacklin's is not disliking the BDO...it is not the same at all
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Arent they just a comedy act though. I mean is there one person in darts who is actually even slightly worried about a Jacklin threat. They just make themselves look idiots with the illiterate postings and childish language.
The one truth to the idea that social media is damaging to the BDO is that the Jacklins respond to negative comments/trolling etc in a way that will deter potential sponsors. The question is who is responsible for their rantings and threats, them or the people who have wound them up.