New BDO Chairman

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Rout
International

Re: New BDO Chairman

Post by Rout »

"TSOD" has predicted the end of the BDO every year since I can remember.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Rout wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:22 pm "TSOD" has predicted the end of the BDO every year since I can remember.
And is the prediction this year correct?
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

ILAD wrote:
Rout wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:22 pm "TSOD" has predicted the end of the BDO every year since I can remember.
Not yet. But remains to be seen.

If I predicted who the next world champion was gonna be and got it wrong 10-15 years in a row, then got it right finally, would you expect me to do a song and dance about how good I am at predicting world champions?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Rout wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:59 pm
ILAD wrote:
Not yet. But remains to be seen.

If I predicted who the next world champion was gonna be and got it wrong 10-15 years in a row, then got it right finally, would you expect me to do a song and dance about how good I am at predicting world champions?
You do tend to get things wrong don’t you.....
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

With the greatest of respect Mark this is a bullshit post. "TSOD" has nearly 7000 members, with each and every one of them( well the vast majority) with their own opinions and views. There is no collective "TSOD" view, merely individual posters articulating their opinions, and every one has the same right as you to espouse that opinion.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

ssjsa wrote:
With the greatest of respect Mark this is a bullshit post. "TSOD" has nearly 7000 members, with each and every one of them( well the vast majority) with their own opinions and views. There is no collective "TSOD" view, merely individual posters articulating their opinions, and every one has the same right as you to espouse that opinion.
Which is why I put "TSOD" in inverted commas. It wasnt me that was crowing "Tsod was right again", was it?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

If you predict the same thing time and time again then the odds are eventually one day you might be right.

The demise of the BDO has been predicted for years and I've never believed it.. Sure I expected it to get weaker and weaker but I always thought it would be there at top level and the World Championship held each year..

Unfortunately it looks like possibly the prediction has come true eventually.. We will see but I am sure the promoting of Des has not helped and most people could see a likely disaster waiting to happen under his reign.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Unfortunately I think we will be left with a very weakened BDO. And a very weak new WDF system.
Can't see either of them getting back to the status of the 'other' side of darts we had 5 years ago.
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

Does anybody think the BDO World Champs will actually be held in January at the Indigo or elsewhere ?

Have they received all Eurosport money for the deal now with the payment after the Indigo ?...
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:28 pm Unfortunately I think we will be left with a very weakened BDO. And a very weak new WDF system.
Can't see either of them getting back to the status of the 'other' side of darts we had 5 years ago.
We have a Pro game and Amateur Game now and thats what both PDC and WDF want
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

trotter01 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:31 pm Does anybody think the BDO World Champs will actually be held in January at the Indigo or elsewhere ?

Have they received all Eurosport money for the deal now with the payment after the Indigo ?...
Unless the WDF step in, it's done.
There's no money for even a paltry prize pot.