Chris and Oche’s Modus darts events thread

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Re: Modus darts events

Post by TheSandman »

DavidB wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:02 pm
Ginge wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:45 am With all the live sport returning I suspect this will be the final 4 weeks of it.

Could see a phase 5 in Aug/Sept depending on how things go. I mean there’s not that much live sport returning is there even compared to now (test match cricket and world snooker champs about it?) and footy will be over.

In terms of darts, what has been announced as taking place in Aug/Sept for PDC/BDO/WDF??
MLB, NBA, NHL all back for August. NFL September.

German football will be back then too.Am sure most other leagues will be too. There’s just so much more options this time,
I just don’t see the Retirement Darts League coming back.
The 1st version was actually good, should have ended it on that high point,
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

TheSandman wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:42 pm
Ginge wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:45 am With all the live sport returning I suspect this will be the final 4 weeks of it.

Could see a phase 5 in Aug/Sept depending on how things go. I mean there’s not that much live sport returning is there even compared to now (test match cricket and world snooker champs about it?) and footy will be over.

In terms of darts, what has been announced as taking place in Aug/Sept for PDC/BDO/WDF??
MLB, NBA, NHL all back for August. NFL September.

German football will be back then too.Am sure most other leagues will be too. There’s just so much more options this time,
I just don’t see the Retirement Darts League coming back.
The 1st version was actually good, should have ended it on that high point,

Don’t see how American sport affects an online darts event??

Plus I’m talking about the Modus live league.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

David....bookies are paying for this event. If there is enough other sport on, they wont bother, no matter what sport it is. As said, by August loads of stuff is back and not just in America. Rugby league season restarts, English domestic cricket etc......
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Premier League Darts
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:50 am David....bookies are paying for this event. If there is enough other sport on, they wont bother, no matter what sport it is. As said, by August loads of stuff is back and not just in America. Rugby league season restarts, English domestic cricket etc......

Fair enough but if it’s an earner are they going to say no, really??
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Wolfie won the league today, excellent early win over Keane Barry and a great game despite defeat to Boris Kolstov.

Hooowwwlll
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidB wrote:
Ginge wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:50 am David....bookies are paying for this event. If there is enough other sport on, they wont bother, no matter what sport it is. As said, by August loads of stuff is back and not just in America. Rugby league season restarts, English domestic cricket etc......

Fair enough but if it’s an earner are they going to say no, really??
I suppose bookies generally earn money on anything, so why specifically pay to put events on when sporting orgs will put events on for them for nowt?

Big Jock Knew
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Wolfie superb again today, won all his matches to win the daily league title!!!
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Wolfie was superb again today, another title, won every match and a 113 average vs Keane Barry!!!
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

DavidB wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:22 pm Wolfie was superb again today, another title, won every match and a 113 average vs Keane Barry!!!
Another title?? Ha, :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Yeah another daily title, clearly ain’t been following...
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Bet365 are listing a tournament starting Monday morning at 9.30am.

"Online Live League 2021", featuring Adams, Justin Smith, Arron Monk, Richard North, Andy Jenkins and Jarred Cole - so essentially six of the names who did the Modus one. Best of 7 legs, roll on-roll off games.

Modus in all but name. Hmmmm.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:17 am Bet365 are listing a tournament starting Monday morning at 9.30am.

"Online Live League 2021", featuring Adams, Justin Smith, Arron Monk, Richard North, Andy Jenkins and Jarred Cole - so essentially six of the names who did the Modus one. Best of 7 legs, roll on-roll off games.

That's a hard pass from me.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

If Bet365 think I'll have any spare cash to squander on this nonsense during Cheltenham week, they're sorely mistaken.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:24 am If Bet365 think anyone is watching this, they're sorely mistaken.
Tidied.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:17 am Bet365 are listing a tournament starting Monday morning at 9.30am.

Oh gawd
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Barely anyone gives a flying titwank about this crap.
Honestly what is the point.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

BlueSpark wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:36 am Barely anyone gives a flying titwank about this crap.
Honestly what is the point.
There was a point to it about 10 months ago when the only live sport available to watch on the bookies' sites was this stuff and football from Belarus. At that time most people would have watched anything to avoid having to talk to the wife for longer than was absolutely necessary.

But yes, given where the world is at now, there's absolutely no reason for bookies to be bothering with this turd.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

They are at least being sensible and starting at half 9 so to not clash with the PDC stuff but it seems totally pointless aye.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Christ, it actually IS Modus ImageImage
Screenshot_20210312-201009_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20210312-201009_Twitter.jpg (42.89 KiB) Viewed 476 times
Big Jock Knew