where to draw the line?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Stubby
County Player

Re: where to draw the line?

Post by Stubby »

The way Bristow went straight on the defensive denying he said anything of the sort to the journalist, makes me think that he was concerned at the ramifications of the article.

Goes to show, we have to be wary what's we all say and write don't it?
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Just heard the same from someone else, it seems to be true.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

spaceman70 wrote:Just heard the same from someone else, it seems to be true.
The PDC need Sky, not the other way around. Eric's Twitter stream was utterly normal twweeting about the game and promoting @SkySportsDarts.

As I said before I'd be stunned if a relatively small org could weild any power over a multi-billion dollar corporation such as Sky.

Of course, if Eric or Sky were to confirm or deny it we'd have a clearer picture. This just seems to be rumour based on "Phil won't like that article"
Stubby
County Player

Post by Stubby »

The PDC or more likely a subsidary may employ Bristow and provide Sky with pundits, similar to the PDC not employing tournament officials and security directly?!?

You never know........
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Stubby wrote:The PDC or more likely a subsidary may employ Bristow and provide Sky with pundits, similar to the PDC not employing tournament officials and security directly?!?

You never know........
It's possible. Sounds like creating an elaborate explanation to justify a rumour.
I'm an Occam's Razor man. (I'm in the adverts :DDD: )

For example I can't see Sky not deciding for themselves who's on their screens.
If the PDC supplied pundits the same guys would get used by ITV.

I know security is subbed-out but was under the impression the stage officials were employed by the PDC hence all their profiles on the website. I'm quite prepared to be stood corrected on this one though.
Stubby
County Player

Post by Stubby »

No Stage officials are subbed out too I believe.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Stubby wrote:No Stage officials are subbed out too I believe.
So who does actually work for the PDC then?
Players are self-employed or shareholders. Officials and security are sub-contractors.
Does it employ anyone? :D
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

The PDC only employ 9 people, everyone else is self employed. Bristow, Deller, Mardle etc. work for Sky.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

spaceman70 wrote:The PDC only employ 9 people, everyone else is self employed. Bristow, Deller, Mardle etc. work for Sky.
Thanks Dave, I thought the pundits were Sky people.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

There are loads of comments thanking David for the Matchplay comp, littered. Well done David.

They're either sycophants or you've done a good job. :D

Congrats to John Part by the way. :D

Ps I hope your little one is still getting better. ;)
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

spaceman70 wrote:There are loads of comments thanking David for the Matchplay comp, littered. Well done David.

They're either sycophants or you've done a good job. :D

Congrats to John Part by the way. :D

Ps I hope your little one is still getting better. ;)
LOL! Probably cos I've done a good job!
Little one had more skin grafts today but getting better all the time. She's so tough for 9!
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Decent read
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Fucking hell!
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Deleted User wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:04 pm
spaceman70 wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:The reason they complain to me and not to you is because the PDC have made it clear to the players that you are all my staff.

If they have a problem they are told to bring it to me.
So, the confidentiality agreement is with the PDPA, the players pay our expenses, but we work for you, Dave?
Who were these "players" who complained? Or do they have the benefit of anonymity?
Did these same "players" complain about Mr Bristow's comments in the national press yesterday?
If you look at the confidentiality agreement it is with the PDC, PDPA & TSoD. Yes the players provide the funds for markers but you do work for me.
What has happened here? It used to be some lovers of darts turning up and marking games for the pros.

Now, if a player doesn't like something posted on a darts forum they come running to Dave and he'll sort us out.

"The scheme" is now at the mercy of the players and if they don't like someone's comments, then that marker can take a walk (or be threatened with "exclusion") without even knowing who has complained. Or he can shut up, tug his forelock to the players and say "Yes sir, sorry sir"
It's censorship, nothing more, nothing less.

One more question. Does it work the other way round? If a player posts something on a forum or social media that I don't like, can I go to Tommy Cox anonymously and get that fellow censored?
Dear Sirs
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

nikkiboy wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:38 pm
leesydarts wrote:No buddy. All that is by the by so far as I'm concerned.

I do not know you, so I can only go on what I've seen on these boards, but I'd suggest that your comments are fuelled by your emotions tonight.

The op wasn't about you however you've decided to take offence to what's being said. Your prerogative I guess, but when it's all stripped down, the only thing that has been said is that people like you and I should reconsider what we post before we post it. Again, if you decide to carry on and post however you want, it's your call but it just makes life harder for yourself and for Dave.

We are constantly representing the scheme whether you like it or not. I do not know your opinion on the PT saga but if you believe he's a cheat, would you approach him about it at a floor event? If not, then I'd suggest it's probably not the best move to do it on a public forum.

The whole chuffin thing has been blown out of proportion. It's just advised that we would be well served to use some common sense when discussing sensitive subjects.
I spend on average a couple of hours a day making this place run smoothly.
:DDD:
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

Black Velvet wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:14 am
Deleted User wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:04 pm
spaceman70 wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:The reason they complain to me and not to you is because the PDC have made it clear to the players that you are all my staff.

If they have a problem they are told to bring it to me.
So, the confidentiality agreement is with the PDPA, the players pay our expenses, but we work for you, Dave?
Who were these "players" who complained? Or do they have the benefit of anonymity?
Did these same "players" complain about Mr Bristow's comments in the national press yesterday?
If you look at the confidentiality agreement it is with the PDC, PDPA & TSoD. Yes the players provide the funds for markers but you do work for me.
What has happened here? It used to be some lovers of darts turning up and marking games for the pros.

Now, if a player doesn't like something posted on a darts forum they come running to Dave and he'll sort us out.

"The scheme" is now at the mercy of the players and if they don't like someone's comments, then that marker can take a walk (or be threatened with "exclusion") without even knowing who has complained. Or he can shut up, tug his forelock to the players and say "Yes sir, sorry sir"
It's censorship, nothing more, nothing less.

One more question. Does it work the other way round? If a player posts something on a forum or social media that I don't like, can I go to Tommy Cox anonymously and get that fellow censored?
Dear Sirs
Christ.
J Y Kelly
Pub Champion

Post by J Y Kelly »

To be fair, Drupid and Nick come out of this well in credit against the epic bumlicking of Ahmetnil and his lackey-turned-usurper Stubby. Ahmet would clearly crawl across a mile of broken glass just to stick toothpicks in one of Taylor's turds
There's a homo fae Fife whom plays the game
and oh what a bummer , Stevie's the name
No man sais he , shall stand in his way
He'll make them bend over, because he is a gay
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Nikki and Drupes are the only ones talking sense in this thread.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

J Y Kelly wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:48 am To be fair, Drupid and Nick come out of this well in credit against the epic bumlicking of Ahmetnil and his lackey-turned-usurper Stubby. Ahmet would clearly crawl across a mile of broken glass just to stick toothpicks in one of Taylor's turds
😂😂
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

J Y Kelly wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:48 am To be fair, Drupid and Nick come out of this well in credit against the epic bumlicking of Ahmetnil and his lackey-turned-usurper Stubby. Ahmet would clearly crawl across a mile of broken glass just to stick toothpicks in one of Taylor's turds
that greasy turkish cunt is one of the biggest suck ups ever.
You can bet he , along with threadkiller, the rat, that inept spastic chissy etc will be seething how the rest of the forum see these cunts finally for the pathetic vermin they are.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time