PDC/Super League

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Grubby
Superleague Player

PDC/Super League

Post by Grubby »

Somerset have to vote at their AGM, this sunday, whether they want to BAN PDPA members from it's "super" league! I've been involved with the Somerset SL since 1984 on and off AND I may not be able to play next season. Appartently there will be a national vote at the BDO AGM to BAN PDPA members from ALL events connected to the BDO and most probably the WDF as they are basically the same organisation, ran by the same people. Counties like Warwickshire which play PDPA players when available may have no choice any more.
A mens team from Radstock has played from the Lamb since 2002 and the ladies (Radsock Tarts!) since 2003. Interesting times ahead? :banghead:
follow me on twitter @grubby1968!!!
GtotheF
International

Re: PDC/Super League

Post by GtotheF »

Grubby wrote:Somerset have to vote at their AGM, this sunday, whether they want to BAN PDPA members from it's "super" league! I've been involved with the Somerset SL since 1984 on and off AND I may not be able to play next season. Appartently there will be a national vote at the BDO AGM to BAN PDPA members from ALL events connected to the BDO and most probably the WDF as they are basically the same organisation, ran by the same people. Counties like Warwickshire which play PDPA players when available may have no choice any more.
A mens team from Radstock has played from the Lamb since 2002 and the ladies (Radsock Tarts!) since 2003. Interesting times ahead? :banghead:
Speaking as someone who has never been involved in league/super league darts I find all of this utterly astonishing.

Just don't get it - all the guys who play in these events simply do so because they love a game of 'arrers.

If the decision is actually made to ban all PDPA member, who or what actually benefits?

All this political stuff seems to be getting worse not better!
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Its like stepping into a time machine reading your post Steve back to the mid 90s...

Why cant they let dart players be just that, dart players, and leave the politics at the door.
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Don't agree with Banning anybody from anything but the system they had whereby it was up to each individual county to select or not wasn't working as the players didn't kknow where they stood and neither did the counties. At least this should then produce a decision so everyone knows where they stand....A superleague ban would be extremely Anal !!!!
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
dartsfan11
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfan11 »

terrible news grubby,we do seem to be going back to the dark ages. the bdo does have the hump about something.maybe its to do with uncle barry trying to get pdc darts on the beeb.if i were the bdo id tread carefully as the grand slam is in the last year of its current contract and barry may pull the pin(i hope not).i can understand no pdpa players at county level but super league is just crazy.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

dartsfan11 wrote:terrible news grubby,we do seem to be going back to the dark ages. the bdo does have the hump about something.maybe its to do with uncle barry trying to get pdc darts on the beeb.if i were the bdo id tread carefully as the grand slam is in the last year of its current contract and barry may pull the pin(i hope not).i can understand no pdpa players at county level but super league is just crazy.
Barry can pull all invites for BDO players today if he wanted to. He has already reduced the numbers anyway. There is no "contract" between the PDC and the BDO to guarantee BDO players at the GSoD, it is all done out of the goodness of Barry's heart (and to get bums on seats and make the tournament a bit different, of course)

To coin a phrase, he doesnt own anyone a living :D
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

A big mistake if they ban PDPA from super-league, this would be playing into the hands of uncle Barry. Where there is a higher concentration of PDPA members, I can see break away leagues springing up with a little help from the PDC. The BDO are hammering a nail into their own coffin, bad move.

Regards Paddy
:bat:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

If the respective bodies still want to play at playground bullies so be it, but they should leave the players out of it.

A ban would be very wrong and would upset even a lot of the BDO players.
Ross
The Ton Club

Post by Ross »

Paddy McGinty wrote:A big mistake if they ban PDPA from super-league, this would be playing into the hands of uncle Barry. Where there is a higher concentration of PDPA members, I can see break away leagues springing up with a little help from the PDC. The BDO are hammering a nail into their own coffin, bad move.

Regards Paddy

Couldn't agree more with that post, Top post Paddy !
Gringo
Pub Champion

Post by Gringo »

Its always the players that suffer in darts politics (If its not the likes of this, its tournaments clashing on the same day), lets hope common sense prevails here and the PDPA members are allowed to continue playing superleague.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Great post Paddy!
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Grubby wrote:Somerset have to vote at their AGM, this sunday, whether they want to BAN PDPA members from it's "super" league! I've been involved with the Somerset SL since 1984 on and off AND I may not be able to play next season. Appartently there will be a national vote at the BDO AGM to BAN PDPA members from ALL events connected to the BDO and most probably the WDF as they are basically the same organisation, ran by the same people. Counties like Warwickshire which play PDPA players when available may have no choice any more.
Our superleague is once a month isn't it, so wont have too much impact in Somerset (apart from you wont be able to play :D ) but West of Englad is every week and I know a few of the boys like Dubby, Sam Allen and Browner use it as their "league darts" rather than actually playing pub leagues.

Hate to say it but what a crap decision from the BDO if this really is the case, it will be like 1994 all over again. What next, banning BDO palyers from attending PDC players exhibitions? (and that actually was threatened at the time of the split).
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

They've been trying to do it for some time now but were always afraid of the legal implications so they left it up to individual counties a county i know of brought in a commitment form that players had to sign to say they are commiting themselves to all 9 of the county matches which obviously a pdpa player couldn't do, but they then had laid down penalties for being unavailable such as missing the following game or in some cases two games.

Some counties just said ok we won't select them and other counties said stuff you we'll pick who we want to pick.

But to take players out of the Superleague system is crazy.
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
Grubby
Superleague Player

Post by Grubby »

Last season I was "available" for 5 out of 9 games that made up the season and I thoroughly enjoyed the Saturday night out with the lads on away games, most travelling on the team bus, and a good craic on home games :CCCCC: :CCDD: :CDDD: :CCC: :DDDC: .

I've not missed a SL game for 6 years unless away with the PDC! I will be gutted if unable to play due to the burgundy bully boys brigade :banghead:
follow me on twitter @grubby1968!!!
ozzieb
Pub Champion

Post by ozzieb »

What's next, banning BDO members from attending exhibitions with PDC players. Remember when that happened afetr the split. At the rate things are going, it wouldn't surprise me. Jokers
Lurgan
Superleague Player

Post by Lurgan »

Whats the ruling for the SoD Open. Grubby barred or what?

Seriously this sort of prehistoric stuff is madness. I presume this is some sort of backlash from the failure of the BH offer with the blazers feeling emboldened havin seen off the evil pdc once again.
THE BIG FELLA
The Ton Club

Post by THE BIG FELLA »

This is a really sad move once again by a certain group of Counties, I doubt very much this is coming from the Board of Directors. Well I can confirm here and now Warwickshire will be voting against this motion full stop.
And I will re-iterate here that the Midland Open is Open to Dart Players. No way will we ever go down that road.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

THE BIG FELLA wrote:This is a really sad move once again by a certain group of Counties, I doubt very much this is coming from the Board of Directors. Well I can confirm here and now Warwickshire will be voting against this motion full stop.
And I will re-iterate here that the Midland Open is Open to Dart Players. No way will we ever go down that road.
Would never have guessed. :DDD:
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ozzieb wrote:What's next, banning BDO members from attending exhibitions with PDC players. Remember when that happened afetr the split. At the rate things are going, it wouldn't surprise me. Jokers
Yes that would be a good idea!

Anybody who plays PDC darts should be banned from the SOD open.

I should of thought of this earlier..........more chance for me then!

PADDY
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
dartsfan11
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfan11 »

THE BIG FELLA wrote:This is a really sad move once again by a certain group of Counties, I doubt very much this is coming from the Board of Directors. Well I can confirm here and now Warwickshire will be voting against this motion full stop.

i wish other counties followed your stance