forums and players discussion

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Roderick Slyme
The Ton Club

forums and players discussion

Post by Roderick Slyme »

To be fair, wasn't Grubby a prolific poster both before and after his sponsorship? It's only fairly recently that he stopped posting, maybe that has something to do with the parody write-ups at t'other forum. I think you should all sponsor Steve Maish next, at least he has been a dedicated contributor over recent years.

It's a pity that the BDO player sponsorship didn't get off the ground. You could have given forum favourite David "Boy" Green your backing!
Booji Boy
International

Re: James Richardson on his match with Barney

Post by Booji Boy »

Its disappointing when the players post no more. I know Grubby was posting reports long after his sponsorship ran out so I am not sure why he has stopped. JP pretty much stopped as soon as his sponsorship was over and that is his choice.

I had a word with him on twitter about forums and he maintains that this place is the best and he did say he would come back and say hello, but as of yet, we havent heard from him. Perhaps MDA can let us know why JP does not post anymore.
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Roderick Slyme wrote:To be fair, wasn't Grubby a prolific poster both before and after his sponsorship? It's only fairly recently that he stopped posting, maybe that has something to do with the parody write-ups at t'other forum. I think you should all sponsor Steve Maish next, at least he has been a dedicated contributor over recent years.

It's a pity that the BDO player sponsorship didn't get off the ground. You could have given forum favourite David "Boy" Green your backing!

Agreed, grubby done some smashing write ups. Shame he stopped, asiv said in the past we cant control what is said elsewhere, judge us on what is posted here, fair enough, not what has been reportedly posted elsewhere
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Dicie wrote:
Roderick Slyme wrote:To be fair, wasn't Grubby a prolific poster both before and after his sponsorship? It's only fairly recently that he stopped posting, maybe that has something to do with the parody write-ups at t'other forum. I think you should all sponsor Steve Maish next, at least he has been a dedicated contributor over recent years.

Agreed, grubby done some smashing write ups. Shame he stopped, asiv said in the past we cant control what is said elsewhere, judge us on what is posted here, fair enough, not what has been reportedly posted elsewhere

People laughed when I said what is said elsewhere affects all forums. Unfortunately it is true.
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

mod500 wrote:
Dicie wrote:

People laughed when I said what is said elsewhere affects all forums. Unfortunately it is true.

Cant players have a mind of there own, to notice there is a difference between here and elsewhere, if they are going to judge people, at least read what they have said first and dont do it on hear say
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Dicie wrote:
mod500 wrote:
Dicie wrote:

Cant players have a mind of there own, to notice there is a difference between here and elsewhere, if they are going to judge people, at least read what they have said first and dont do it on hear say
I would hope so Dicie. But I feel that is not just the players that are making decisions not to post. Their ears will be getting tickled from managers, associate's and such like. You only have to look at JP,s comments about forums to realize that there is an issue out there.
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

mod500 wrote:
Dicie wrote:
mod500 wrote:
Dicie wrote:

I would hope so Dicie. But I feel that is not just the players that are making decisions not to post. Their ears will be getting tickled from managers, associate's and such like. You only have to look at JP,s comments about forums to realize that there is an issue out there.

Totally agree. MDA's opinion on this would be interesting to hear, is it cause Pipe was maybe being slagged for playing slow (shock horror) or maybe we will get the auld line he is to busy to post.
it swayed my decision the last time i voted, i voted in the early rounds for people that used the forum, and then had to make a decision in the final then what i thought was best for the forum.
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Have to say Maishy is a good shout.

He's got close a couple of times, never moans and still contributes here.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

nikkiboy
International

Re: Re: James Richardson on his match with Barney

Post by nikkiboy »

Nail and head come to mind, I think if you ask Justin he would give similar reasons.

I've got to be honest here and say if I were a top player I would have to stop posting simply because I wouldn't be able to take the slagging off without replying in kind.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

nikkiboy wrote:

Nail and head come to mind, I think if you ask Justin he would give similar reasons.

I've got to be honest here and say if I were a top player I would have to stop posting simply because I wouldn't be able to take the slagging off without replying in kind.

Why not reply in kind, if thats what you want to do? Surely if i walked (or waddled at the moment) up to pipe and kept banging on about him being slow and boring he would say "do one" or sords similar to this, why not do it here, rather than fucking off in a sulk. Same goes for any other player at that, say what you like about jenkins and the rest, at least they came on and told me i was a cunt, i have more respect for someone that does that, than someone who i feel has abused the sponsorship programme to further themselves, then says he cant be bothered with it anymore.
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Dicie wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Why not reply in kind, if thats what you want to do? Surely if i walked (or waddled at the moment) up to pipe and kept banging on about him being slow and boring he would say "do one" or sords similar to this, why not do it here, rather than ferreting off in a sulk. Same goes for any other player at that, say what you like about jenkins and the rest, at least they came on and told me i was a spanner, i have more respect for someone that does that, than someone who i feel has abused the sponsorship programme to further themselves, then says he cant be bothered with it anymore.
Probably a bit harsh on Justin although I can't deny that is how some people may perceive things, particularly as he posted for some time before his sponsorship.

Either way I'll always back him - noted some of the comments about him on other forums the other day and that only makes me want to support him more to be honest.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Adrian1969 wrote:
Dicie wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Why not reply in kind, if thats what you want to do? Surely if i walked (or waddled at the moment) up to pipe and kept banging on about him being slow and boring he would say "do one" or sords similar to this, why not do it here, rather than ferreting off in a sulk. Same goes for any other player at that, say what you like about jenkins and the rest, at least they came on and told me i was a spanner, i have more respect for someone that does that, than someone who i feel has abused the sponsorship programme to further themselves, then says he cant be bothered with it anymore.
Probably a bit harsh on Justin although I can't deny that is how some people may perceive things, particularly as he posted for some time before his sponsorship.

Either way I'll always back him - noted some of the comments about him on other forums the other day and that only makes me want to support him more to be honest.

Ok, you gonna have to run them by me, what comments?
nikkiboy
International

Re: Re: Re: James Richardson on his match with Barney

Post by nikkiboy »

Dicie wrote:
Adrian1969 wrote:
Dicie wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

The usual slagging from the usual suspects on the usual forum dicey
Dicie
International

Re: Re: Re: James Richardson on his match with Barney

Post by Dicie »

nikkiboy wrote:
Dicie wrote:
Adrian1969 wrote:
Dicie wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: Nail and head come to mind, I think if you ask Justin he would give similar reasons.

The usual slagging from the usual suspects on the usual forum dicey

But not here is my point nikki m8.
nikkiboy
International

Re: Re: Re: Re: James Richardson on his match with Barney

Post by nikkiboy »

Dicie wrote:

Nope but we all get tarred with the same brush, the recent jokes about sid waddell's cancer welcomed and defended elsewhere have painted all forums as the devil and it will take a while before we all recover, I am sure if not publicly then within the inner circle players and officials are being advised to avoid forums.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

JP takes a slagging on the two other forums I look at, but it should not stop him posting here. Having said that, I totally agree with Adrian, the more he gets slagged off the more I want him to win.
Rudy
County Player

Post by Rudy »

I've watched Justin play for a couple of years when he was in Holland and he's a top gent and a very focussed player.
He's noticeably slower than the average pro on the pro tour, but that's because he appears to concentrate rather intensely on each of his throws and let's face it, it pays off. He didn't reach 6 pro tour finals and won half of them because he put off his opponents, no, he played some awesome darts, check the Planetdarts match reports of the last 2 odd months. No gamesmanship slowing down tactics a la Ted Hankey, but a natural slow style of gameplay. OK, it may not look flashy to people who like the lightning fast game that VVV produces, but first of all not everyone likes that hasty stuff either and secondly results wise, Justin largely outscores Vincent at the moments in ranking money.
Krispy
County Player

Post by Krispy »

I think the problem is that if players do post, and get into any 'banter' with those who like to go on the wind up, if they allow themselves to get into a war of words, they can't win. They know the PDC (possibly DRA?) read the forums, and anything they do to bring disrepute to darts will only harm them. It's not about growing a set - is it really worth losing earnings to give some 14 year old at home the satisfaction of getting upset at their fishing?

I can understand why it's just easier not to post at all. Of course they read the forums, just some won't want to risk posting.

I know I get some stick on occasion, but I only answer to myself, so can answer how I see fit without having to bite my tongue. but in the main find it funny anyway so it don't stress me :)
Webmaster and editor/writer of the PDC fansite; Darts, Beers & Cheers!, and Exhibition and Open Tournament database.
Play (terribly) for Stilton Country Club.
Roderick Slyme
The Ton Club

Post by Roderick Slyme »

Krispy wrote:I think the problem is that if players do post, and get into any 'banter' with those who like to go on the wind up, if they allow themselves to get into a war of words, they can't win. They know the PDC (possibly DRA?) read the forums, and anything they do to bring disrepute to darts will only harm them. It's not about growing a set - is it really worth losing earnings to give some 14 year old at home the satisfaction of getting upset at their fishing?

I can understand why it's just easier not to post at all. Of course they read the forums, just some won't want to risk posting.

I know I get some stick on occasion, but I only answer to myself, so can answer how I see fit without having to bite my tongue. but in the main find it funny anyway so it don't stress me :)
I actually don't think this is quite as big an issue as it is sometimes made out to be. Obviously, if a pro was on here and spewing, for example, racist bile, then that would probably have an adverse effect upon his earning power. However, I can't see the odd rant knackering a player up. We had Andy Jenkins effectively offering a fight to someone here, and Jenks is probably a minor misdemeanour away from a very lengthy ban. Also, Steve Maish knows how to dish it out on forums, and he's another regular benefactor of the DRA.

I'm not saying fear of reprisal from a higher power isn't a consideration for pro darters, but I don't think you can use it as an excuse for when a player effectively runs away in a sulk.
Wyn
Pub Champion

Re: Re: Re: Re: James Richardson on his match with Barney

Post by Wyn »

nikkiboy wrote:
Dicie wrote:

Nope but we all get tarred with the same brush, the recent jokes about sid waddell's cancer welcomed and defended elsewhere have painted all forums as the devil and it will take a while before we all recover, I am sure if not publicly then within the inner circle players and officials are being advised to avoid forums.
This is exactly why forums need to be moderated properly,and sometimes harshly(in some peoples opinion).
There are forums where this kind of acidic drivel is not only permitted,but encouraged.
Happily,there are forums(like this one) who dont permit themselves to stoop that low. :DDDD: