Adams is a bottlejob

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
mancdart
The Ton Club

Adams is a bottlejob

Post by mancdart »

He's just pulled out of playing taylor in scotland on the advice of the bdo/idpa.

I thought his excuse for not playing in the GSOD was because of Barry Hearn?

Spineless.
OllyNufc180
County Player

Re: Adams is a bottlejob

Post by OllyNufc180 »

I am no expert in this area of darts discussion, however Adams annoys me so much.........

He would happily call himself the world no.1 and all that crap, as he stays in the BDO comps and wins his fair share, refusing to move put of his comfort zone......

He has made a awkward situation for himself........saying PDC is the entertainment and we (BDO) are the sport, yet he refuses to go to the GSOD or face any PDC players as he knows he will be beaten of many of them.......
fishermans friend
Brass Darts

Post by fishermans friend »

It seems Adams is a puppet for Croft to keep manipulating, Does he also ask uncle Olly to tuck him in at night.It seems he won't do anything without Ollys approval .
Last edited by fishermans friend on Sat May 22, 2010 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mancdart
The Ton Club

Post by mancdart »

this certainly knocks him off any combined world ranking list. he wont even play against a pdc player at an exbo.
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

Is this confirmed?
a) His participation
b) His withdrawal
mancdart
The Ton Club

Post by mancdart »

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

mancdart wrote:He's just pulled out of playing taylor in scotland on the advice of the bdo/idpa.

Spineless.
If he was spineless then surely he would not have accepted in the first place?

It seems other people have gotten involved and whilst there is still a chance that they can sort this out I suggest we wait and see what happens
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
fishermans friend
Brass Darts

Post by fishermans friend »

Adams may of only accepted knowing that he would pull out at a latter date when Fitz/Croft caught wind of it.

Anyway hasn't Ted Hankey been sounded out about taking Adams place.
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

mancdart wrote:He's just pulled out of playing taylor in scotland on the advice of the bdo/idpa.

Spineless.
He also said that he wouldnt (most likely not) play in an independent tournament.
My thesis about Adams is becoming more and more a fact!
Prime Directive: to protect his inflated Status
checkmate
County Player

Post by checkmate »

adams wanted to and agreed to play after all it was an exhibition so nothing to lose really and maybe even a good ice breaker for a possible future tv game against taylor.But when the greedy fatman heard about it and realised he was getting f-all out of it he put a spoke in the works :DDDD: wonder if he will call out on stage LETS NOT PLAY DARTS.. think he loves darts that one :lol: now don't get me wrong adams has got to find his balls and tell them where to go, he was worried about the hassle he was getting for agreeing to do it :!: i think he should be more worried about the stick he,s going to get for backing out...................... i really hope he changes his mind and finds his bottle makes a call and gets the game back on but am not holding my breath. :MMMN:
M H
Steady Sixties

Post by M H »

Had his father pulled out this thread would't exist!
TDSS
Steady Sixties

Post by TDSS »

My money is on Croft fell asleep for a bit and is now back in control of his puppet again
Nothing to see here.....
checkmate
County Player

Post by checkmate »

M H wrote:Had his father pulled out this thread would't exist!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :DDD: :DDD:
mancdart
The Ton Club

Post by mancdart »

[quote="checkmate"] when the greedy fatman heard about it and realised he was getting f-all out of it he put a spoke in the works :quote]

same old blazers.

all about the money..and they arent even sly about it.

wonder how much the bdo/idpa are making from the streams of wdf opens.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

mancdart wrote:
checkmate wrote: when the greedy fatman heard about it and realised he was getting f-all out of it he put a spoke in the works

same old blazers.

all about the money..and they arent even sly about it.

wonder how much the bdo/idpa are making from the streams of wdf opens.
What a dull comment!

One could also ask how much the PDC make out of the Sky deal but that is not the issue here. The issue is that he initially said yes and someone has persuaded him to change his mind. Let us hope he changes it back.

Was really excited when I got the news texted last night, followed a couple of hours later by the news he had backed out!
If it is Mr Fitzmaurice who has stepped in and stopped him from playing then that is really sad
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Really annoying, when I heard about this last night, a thought crossed my mind along the lines of, could this be the thawing of hostilities and the start of a constructive dialogue? and then KABLAMO text arrives, Adams has pulled out, more to follow!!!.

He has to reconsider this and take part otherwise his already fragile credibility will take another massive hit.
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

The thing that I still find astonishing is that there is all the claim, counter claim, speculation and conjecture over an exhibition game of darts.

This is not a reflection of the posters in this thread by the way, more the sport of darts.

Bonkers! :shock: :shock:
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

A.Dev
Pub Champion

Post by A.Dev »

I don't understand this, it's an exhibition match, surely Adams can play who he likes in these. Imagine Taylor going to one of Adams' exhibitions and then say winning a raffle to play Martin, what would Adams do, refuse to play him in front of people who would have bought tickets just incase Olly Croft found out about it ! It's a crazy situation, we've had these Dazzler exhibition events recently which has involved both PDC and BDO, why didn't the guys playing these from the BDO pull out ?
Martin Adams needs to make his own decisions and not have someone tell him who he can't play against, afterall he's trying to earn a living.
Last edited by A.Dev on Sat May 22, 2010 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Dart Destroyer - THE DARTS WRITER
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

nikkiboy wrote: What a dull comment!

One could also ask how much the PDC make out of the Sky deal but that is not the issue here. The issue is that he initially said yes and someone has persuaded him to change his mind. Let us hope he changes it back.

Was really excited when I got the news texted last night, followed a couple of hours later by the news he had backed out!
If it is Mr Fitzmaurice who has stepped in and stopped him from playing then that is really sad
Is Mr. Adams really such a puppet?
GSODs - he asked insiders, sponsors for advice.
Independent tournament - he would ask the same insiders.
Now that..

Pathetic. Mr. Croft junior will make sure that the cold war goes on!
Thats my beef with him. :angry4:
mick26
Brass Darts

Post by mick26 »

Looks like a vindictive mean spirited move by BDO/IDPA, not showing them up in any sort of good light at all. Bad decision by those in power and seemingly setting up Martin Adams for ridicule. This is no way to treat their world champion