Post by slymaster »

Congrats to Taylor and MvG!! :DDDD: :DDDD:

But WOW- Mr. Cross - what a player!!!!!!!! :CCCCC: :headbang: :DDDD:
Fantastic story so far...
nikkiboy
International

Re: 2017 PDC Grand Slam of Darts, Wolverhampton 11-19 November

Post by nikkiboy »

BlueSpark wrote:I can't believe some players.
152 left with one dart in your hand and they go for a 19, hit the single to leave 133.
If they hit a twenty, they leave 132. Only one treble needed.
That was the question, on 132 you're forced to hit a treble plus a 25 or bull to leave an out, on 127 you have a single treble out shot. Seems like perfect sense to me.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

WizardofozFan wrote:
DartsjournalistCOM wrote:
devosteve wrote:Phil taylor: "he didn't pour me a glass of water. That is disrespect! Without me there would be no pdc ".

Really?
Phil should have done that as he walked on first. And he had plenty of time for that.
Agreed. But petty/ignorant of Gurney to not pour him water once he'd poured himself one!
I doubt water pouring is a real issue in darts.
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

Funny how the retiree is still getting to some of you... :IIII: ;-)
It's a Taylor interview FFS - what do you expect? That for some reason he is going to change on his farewell tour.

Gurney could have silenced him -bada bing, bada boom straight in his face - but what happened...The Guvnor still being the Guvnor and teaching the Major winner a lesson (hopefully he is able to recover for the next tournaments) for the ages.

Taylor vs MvG should be a good one. Last 10 matches: 7-3 Taylor, so MvG should be ready from the get-go.
Ando looking very good so far! 8-)
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

nikkiboy wrote:
152 left with one dart in your hand and they go for a 19, hit the single to leave 133.
That was the question, on 132 you're forced to hit a treble plus a 25 or bull to leave an out, on 127 you have a single treble out shot. Seems like perfect sense to me.
Why are you going on about 127???
The player hit single 19 leaving 133, Sparky said single 20 would have been better to leave 132, that was the question lol
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

WizardofozFan wrote:
devosteve wrote:Phil taylor: "he didn't pour me a glass of water. That is disrespect! Without me there would be no pdc ".

Really?
Phil should have done that as he walked on first. And he had plenty of time for that.
Agreed. But petty/ignorant of Gurney to not pour him water once he'd poured himself one!
I mean maybe its just me but If I had a jug of water, 2 glasses and Im stood next to Phil Taylor Id struggle to not pour the water all over him, smash the jug over his head and drop the 2 glasses on him whilst hes laying on the floor.

I think Gurney did well to just pour himself a glass of water and walk away.
BOOM
Superleague Player

Post by BOOM »

WizardofozFan wrote:

Really?
Yes, when someone takes a pop at you live on TV for no good reason, you should definitely o out of your way to be nice to them :DDDD:
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Really?
In his mind , yes ,really.
Quicker he retires the better.
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

Still can't believe Chin never poured Taylor a glass of water. Shocking behaviour!
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

What a little bastard that man is. Greatest player ever but a total effing tool of an individual.
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

Murphio wrote:What a little bastard that man is. Greatest player ever but a total effing tool of an individual.
Gurney should have poured him a glass of water and made him a sandwich. Total disrespect.
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

dartsfacts wrote:
Murphio wrote:What a little bastard that man is. Greatest player ever but a total effing tool of an individual.
Gurney should have poured him a glass of water and made him a sandwich. Total disrespect.
Aye and maybe a reacharound while he was at it. Who the eff does he think he is. Without him there would be no PDC.... I wonder what Eric, Dennis Priestly, John Lowe, Tommy Cox and all rest think about that. Effing arrogant little arsehole.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

dartsfacts wrote:Cracking little interview.

http://www.skysports.com/darts/news/122 ... ersonality
You can't buy those interviews.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

In relation to the shot at 132. I understand the premise of going for the bull. If you hit the 25 you still have a two dart 107 outshot with t19/ bull. But if you hit the bull first dart why go for another? The bull is the smallest target on the board. A dart in it makes it even smaller. Surely the shot with 82 and two darts left is treble 14 tops? Bull/Bull double 16 doesn't make sense to me.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Didn't see any of tonight's matches as I was out...was disappointed to miss the MVG v Cross match....was really looking forward to that...
Not disappointed at missing Taylor...yes the greatest player ever...but a total classless human being who actually makes darts unwatchable for me at the moment.
BlueSpark
International

Re: RE: Re: 2017 PDC Grand Slam of Darts, Wolverhampton 11-19 November

Post by BlueSpark »

Skewball wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
ifm wrote: How is that a percentage shot, the bull is the smallest target on the board (even with the massive increase in size).
But coupled with the 25 it's massive and leaves 127 which means have two shots at a treble at least to leave the bull
I have no idea what this means but leaving a shot that includes the smallest target on the board can never be better.
And I thought you played the game, the question was 152 with one dart left and you said you shouldn't go for the bull to which I rebuffed with if you go for bull or 25 a player of that level should hit minimum 25 which would leave you with 127 with three darts, this gives you two darts to hit a t20 or a t19 to leave the bull.
I'm with Ian on this one
The observation was 132 not 127
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Strange, there's loads of 132 compilations on You Tube, but not 133.
Here's one
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Murphio wrote:In relation to the shot at 132. I understand the premise of going for the bull. If you hit the 25 you still have a two dart 107 outshot with t19/ bull. But if you hit the bull first dart why go for another? The bull is the smallest target on the board. A dart in it makes it even smaller. Surely the shot with 82 and two darts left is treble 14 tops? Bull/Bull double 16 doesn't make sense to me.
If you already have one dart in the target, much easier to get another one in.
This is my argument, if you have your first dart at the 25/bull and hit either, if you return to the target with either dart 2 or 3, there's a marker already there. 133 requires 3 different targets all around the board. The size of the targets is largely irrelevant, however some people are blinded by the bulleyes size compared to a treble. Plenty of examples in the video posted earlier. There's no reason why you cannot go for 42 after hitting the bull, it's players preference. Most use their brain and go for it again, knowing a 25 leaves you 57, last dart at 17 leaves you tops. Go for a 42 and miss to leave 68, a single number with your last dart leaves you a two dart finish rather than one.
If it's so difficult to hit 2 bullseyes, why do players always go that way, more often that not?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Why are you going on about 127???
The player hit single 19 leaving 133, Sparky said single 20 would have been better to leave 132, that was the question lol
To which I said throwing your last dart at the bull would make more sense leaving 127 or 102 which are both single treble outs.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am