What's going on in the world

Ginge
International

Re: What's going on in the world

Post by Ginge »

About to say, didnt they say they needed a few weeks notice?
Big Jock Knew
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Ginge wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:31 pm About to say, didnt they say they needed a few weeks notice?
Yep, they need to get the production going again, our reps said it would take 4 weeks to get back to capacity. They have probably already started.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Started last week on a piece on the beeb.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Why is this offensive? Has the world gone mad? Col?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53145201
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Why is this offensive? Has the world gone mad? Col?

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ILAD wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:27 pm Why is this offensive? Has the world gone mad? Col?

They lost 5 zip?
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:52 pm
ILAD wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:27 pm Why is this offensive? Has the world gone mad? Col?

They lost 5 zip?
Was only 4 when I posted this. :grin:

ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:52 pm

They lost 5 zip?
Was only 4 when I posted this. :grin:

Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Firstly, nobody can tell you what you should find offensive. That's your personal choice and basic human right.

But supporters of BLM may find it offensive, because the point of the movement is not to suggest that white lives DONT matter or that they matter LESS than black lives.

Using it in this way, given the PL campaign on the shirts and taking the knee, suggests the organisers of the flyover feel that's the case, which nobody, nowhere is arguing at all.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Or to put it more simply....Image
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Rout wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:59 pm Firstly, nobody can tell you what you should find offensive. That's your personal choice and basic human right.

But supporters of BLM may find it offensive, because the point of the movement is not to suggest that white lives DONT matter or that they matter LESS than black lives.

Using it in this way, given the PL campaign on the shirts and taking the knee, suggests the organisers of the flyover feel that's the case, which nobody, nowhere is arguing at all.
What a load of shite you spout.

Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Another intelligent, well thought out retort.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

For the avoidance of any doubt. Amongst BLM UK's stated aims, in their own words, on their Go Fund Me page are :

# Defund and disband the Police.

# Close all prisons.

# Dismantle capitalism/system change.

If you agree with BLM in the UK, them's the outcomes you are supporting.

Rout
International

Post by Rout »

ILAD wrote:For the avoidance of any doubt. Amongst BLM UK's stated aims, in their own words, on their Go Fund Me page are :

# Close all prisons.

Thank you for telling me what I am supporting. Not at all an ignorant, sweeping generalisation.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Rout wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:44 pm
ILAD wrote:For the avoidance of any doubt. Amongst BLM UK's stated aims, in their own words, on their Go Fund Me page are :

# Close all prisons.

Thank you for telling me what I am supporting. Not at all an ignorant, sweeping generalisation.
Glad your are happy. :DDD:

Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

# Close all prisons.

I dont support the official organisations aim but support the # and what the movement has become to symbolise in raising awareness about the injustices that do sadly exist in our society ( although not to the extent as in America.)

It's really not hard.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Skewball wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:35 pm

# Close all prisons.

I dont support the official organisations aim but support the # and what the movement has become to symbolise in raising awareness about the injustices that do sadly exist in our society ( although not to the extent as in America.)

It's really not hard.
You support the # listed above?
Last edited by ILAD on Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Skewball wrote:

# Close all prisons.

It's really not hard.
Exactly. The only thing people across the globe who support the movement have in common is to wish for a fairer world.

Anything beyond that is subjective and individual. Some take it to extremes, many don't.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Rout wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:43 pm
Skewball wrote:

# Close all prisons.

It's really not hard.
Exactly. The only thing people across the globe who support the movement have in common is to wish for a fairer world.

Anything beyond that is subjective and individual. Some take it to extremes, many don't.
I agree with what you say, I agree that it is being taken to extremes. Everyone should be equal period.

Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I completely understand why some want to reform the police. In the US it needs a root and branch overhaul. I can even understand why some communities are looking for community based alternatives. Some areas feel the police currently are more likely to cause harm than good and we can't empathise with that. I don't believe that the aim of some to exist without police is a realistic proposition but I don't believe they represent the majority either by a long shot.

It's also important to differentiate between the UK and US too. The problem is much worse there but that does not mean there isnt a problem here that might get worse if not respected.

On a side note, I do find it quite ironic that most of the people I see getting hysterical about defund the police are the ones that keep voting in a government that have systematically stripped the police down to its bare bones, cutting 24,000 full time police officers over the last decade, leaving it incapable of dealing with anything other than the most serious of crimes in many areas.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.