Adams is a bottlejob

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
fishermans friend
Brass Darts

Re: Adams is a bottlejob

Post by fishermans friend »

they didn't seem like fanboys to me but rather people who like their darts.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BusyP wrote:
fishermans friend wrote:why would anyone make that up

cos their no doubt PDC fanboys, the type of people who post such things Martin Adams bottle job, Amateur World Championship, all BDO are rubbish. they base their 'facts' on their blinkered opinions.
None of which you have, of course.
Big Jock Knew
mick26
Brass Darts

Post by mick26 »

BusyP wrote:Someone posting something on a darts forum does not equate to proof. Its just the usual anti-BDO stuff thats spouted out by the haters. I'm sure if it was Taylor that pulled out nobody would be making up those lies.
How do you know they are lies?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BusyP wrote:
mick26 wrote:
BusyP wrote:Someone posting something on a darts forum does not equate to proof. Its just the usual anti-BDO stuff thats spouted out by the haters. I'm sure if it was Taylor that pulled out nobody would be making up those lies.

cos i know.
Oh yeah, you met Martin Adams once, of course, it makes you the authority on the subject, guessing he has rang you to tell you the real reason?
Big Jock Knew
mick26
Brass Darts

Post by mick26 »

BusyP wrote:
mick26 wrote:

cos i know.
That's ok so. :HOMER2:
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

mick26 wrote:

I believe martin had his reasons, and i dont think it had much to do with darts......
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BusyP wrote:
Dicie wrote:
mick26 wrote:

I believe martin had his reasons, and i dont think it had much to do with darts......

Would you agree alot of b/s is made up about BDO players and such like by fanboys/PDC fans? This one about Martin being to scared to play is just the latest in a long line of nasty slurs made by people with no clue about darts.
So why did he "pull out" then? Answer the question. And Trina Gulliver has also "pulled out". Explain both incidents.
Big Jock Knew
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

BusyP wrote:
Dicie wrote:
mick26 wrote:

Would you agree alot of b/s is made up about BDO players and such like by fanboys/PDC fans? This one about Martin being to scared to play is just the latest in a long line of nasty slurs made by people with no clue about darts.

I think Martin holds the England captaincy close to his heart, and wud not risk losing it over a quick payday from an exhibition or the gsod.... I wud think he knows Phil is possibly the best player ever to throw a dart, i think he was on a panel of 4 or 5 when the BDO done a piece on past and present champions and he said as much in his small piece that Phil was an exceptional talent.
The Ton Club

Post by Offline »

Bradders wrote:
BusyP wrote:
Dicie wrote:
mick26 wrote:

So why did he "pull out" then? Answer the question. And Trina Gulliver has also "pulled out". Explain both incidents.

For someone to pull out they would have had to agree to take part in the first place, you don't know whether that happened
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

BusyP wrote:
Dicie wrote:
BusyP wrote:
Dicie wrote:
mick26 wrote: How do you know they are lies?

I think Martin holds the England captaincy close to his heart, and wud not risk losing it over a quick payday from an exhibition or the gsod.... I wud think he knows Phil is possibly the best player ever to throw a dart, i think he was on a panel of 4 or 5 when the BDO done a piece on past and present champions and he said as much in his small piece that Phil was an exceptional talent.
i also know both martin and phil hold eachother in high regard. theres alot of respect between the two.

I wud sya yes, there is.. I think alot of stuff said on forums is by armchair darts fans, that actually dont know what goes on at these events, and are just happy to think that all players from either side hate each other.

When in truth, 99.9% of players dont care what goes on, they just want to play darts and make a few quid. There is always the exception to the rule.....

I think Phil got a great kick from beating Adams in the NOTW in 97, and Martin played real well in 1 or 2 pdc events he qualified for after that, and it cud be like the Barney/Taylor situation we had a few yrs ago, that Taylor wud have had a real challenger to his dominance, but martin chose the England captaincy over this, i dont think he done it cause he was scared of anyone, he didnt seem to scared at the IDL or the WDT a few yrs back.
Wookiee
Pub Champion

Post by Wookiee »

Dicie wrote:I think Phil got a great kick from beating Adams in the NOTW in 97, and Martin played real well in 1 or 2 pdc events he qualified for after that, and it cud be like the Barney/Taylor situation we had a few yrs ago, that Taylor wud have had a real challenger to his dominance, but martin chose the England captaincy over this, i dont think he done it cause he was scared of anyone, he didnt seem to scared at the IDL or the WDT a few yrs back.
I've never been too happy about this being held up as an example of Adams not backing out of a potential meeting with Taylor - PDC players may have been involved but it was, at the end of the day, still a BDO major, with all the ranking points associated with that status. From that point of view, I don't think there would have been any question of Adams declining to play.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BusyP wrote:
Wookiee wrote:
Dicie wrote:I think Phil got a great kick from beating Adams in the NOTW in 97, and Martin played real well in 1 or 2 pdc events he qualified for after that, and it cud be like the Barney/Taylor situation we had a few yrs ago, that Taylor wud have had a real challenger to his dominance, but martin chose the England captaincy over this, i dont think he done it cause he was scared of anyone, he didnt seem to scared at the IDL or the WDT a few yrs back.
I've never been too happy about this being held up as an example of Adams not backing out of a potential meeting with Taylor - PDC players may have been involved but it was, at the end of the day, still a BDO major, with all the ranking points associated with that status. From that point of view, I don't think there would have been any question of Adams declining to play.
so what about when he entered the PDC matchplay?
And how many years ago was that?
Big Jock Knew
Wookiee
Pub Champion

Post by Wookiee »

BusyP wrote:so what about when he entered the PDC matchplay?
Not sure that's the best example either, tbh. Things were different then and Adams was making the most of opportunites to earn some money (anyone see the irony in that???) without fear of reprisal. As soon as the said reprisals were in the air - i.e. the threat to his England captaincy if he kept playing in PDC events - he turned his back on them. Some people would see his attitude to the PDC in general and, specifically, an event like the GSoD as hypocrisy, given that he was happy to trouser the PDC dollar when it suited him to do so.
checkmate
County Player

Post by checkmate »

BusyP wrote:
fishermans friend wrote:they didn't seem like fanboys to me but rather people who like their darts.
it seems a poster on the other thread had first hand evidence that they were infact lies. its not surprising, there is alot of people who hate the BDO for no reason whatsover other than that they think its cool to do so.
i don't hate the bdo, infact i play in the bdo system and am a county A player !!!! so your fanboy theory is rubbish like fishermans friend says i just like my darts and would have liked to see the match .
Wookiee
Pub Champion

Post by Wookiee »

BusyP wrote:so whats your views on adams as player and the bottler accusations?
Let's just say I don't think he seems to do himself any favours.

It pains me when people start throwing the 'loyalty' thing around - as they inevitably do in arguments like this - as if Adams is some kind of hero for taking a stand. Loyalty should be a two-way street and, while he himself has undoubtedly done well out of the BDO, I don't really see that they are doing all that much for all the other players whose loyalty they demand. If Adams truly represents the players, as his position in the IDPA would suggest, then he should recognise this and do something about it. Maintaining the status quo (if that's what it is) shouldn't be an option.
Last edited by Wookiee on Mon May 31, 2010 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
checkmate
County Player

Post by checkmate »

they probably do!!!!! but to say anyone who criticises is a fanboy is wrong all players from both sides have good and bad points and all fans too
The Ton Club

Post by Offline »

Wookiee wrote:
BusyP wrote:so whats your views on adams as player and the bottler accusations?
Let's just say I don't think he seems to do himself any favours.

It pains me when people start throwing the 'loyalty' thing around - as they inevitably do in arguments like this - as if Adams is some kind of hero for taking a stand. Loyalty should be a two-way street and, while he himself has undoubtedly done well out of the BDO, I don't really see that they are doing all that much for all the other players whose loyalty they demand. If Adams truly represents the players, as his position in the PDPA would suggest, then he should recognise this and do something about it. Maintaining the status quo (if that's what it is) shouldn't be an option.

Freudian slip wookie lol
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Prior to Merv's switch there was a little known tournament in Holland called the Masters of Darts, Both Merv and Ted refused to play in it (according to Merv, I spoke to him at a Humberside county match while it was taking place) he followed that statement with "I'd rather pack in than play PDC!" "I just want them to stop attacking the system I believe in"

Then we know what happened after that!

I don't see the derision being aimed at Merv for refusing to play PDC players??

I'm a massive Taylor fan and love the atmosphere at PDC events but credit where it's due When Adams has come across Taylor he's given him a decent game and the same can't be said for some players. So Martin although vitriolic in his views about the PDC is still a class act on the board.
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Maverick wrote:Prior to Merv's switch there was a little known tournament in Holland called the Masters of Darts, Both Merv and Ted refused to play in it (according to Merv, I spoke to him at a Humberside county match while it was taking place) he followed that statement with "I'd rather pack in than play PDC!" "I just want them to stop attacking the system I believe in"

I'm a massive Taylor fan and love the atmosphere at PDC events but credit where it's due When Adams has come across Taylor he's given him a decent game and the same can't be said for some players. So Martin although vitriolic in his views about the PDC is still a class act on the board.
That is a very good point Tony, it is amazing to me the amount of stick Adams and Hankey get over others but I suppose some of it is of their own making and its probably is no more that Taylor gets
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

nikkiboy wrote:
Maverick wrote:Prior to Merv's switch there was a little known tournament in Holland called the Masters of Darts, Both Merv and Ted refused to play in it (according to Merv, I spoke to him at a Humberside county match while it was taking place) he followed that statement with "I'd rather pack in than play PDC!" "I just want them to stop attacking the system I believe in"

That is a very good point Tony, it is amazing to me the amount of stick Adams and Hankey get over others but I suppose some of it is of their own making and its probably is no more that Taylor gets
Yes a very good point, I'm getting fed up with constant barage of abuse that is lumped on poor old Martin.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"