Harrington Says "Terry Jenkins attitude stinks"

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Sat Nav
The Ton Club

Re: Harrington Says "Terry Jenkins attitude stinks"

Post by Sat Nav »

When Rod struggled with his form he quit the game. I think that it is a good job that most players don't follow his lead.

Everyone struggles from time to time for various reasons but most players just hang in and try to play their way out of it. Criticising is the easy bit.
xtreme rebel
County Player

Post by xtreme rebel »

Sat Nav wrote:When Rod struggled with his form he quit the game. I think that it is a good job that most players don't follow his lead.
That always springs to my mind too. He's hardly a model example. But now he's part of the PDC in a big way and they need all the top players firing their best arrows to keeps things somewhat interesting.
Paulie Walnuts
Pub Champion

Post by Paulie Walnuts »

What are the new qualifying requirements for the Premier League?

Surely it's Terry's business to do how he feels, he's got to his position in the rankings on merit
Grubby
Superleague Player

Post by Grubby »

Sat Nav wrote:When Rod struggled with his form he quit the game. I think that it is a good job that most players don't follow his lead.

Everyone struggles from time to time for various reasons but most players just hang in and try to play their way out of it. Criticising is the easy bit.
But part of Rod's problem was his knee's! He still struggles now to walk properly and is in constant pain. Stood on it throwing darts for 30/40 plus hours a week was a no go er. His darts also wouldn't "grip" in the new boards .
I like Rod as a pundit TBH BUT Terry is burntout after soooooo much darts and TRAVELLING over the last 7/8 years. Look at the number of tournaments that TJ missed up to last year........... None or very very few, even going to Australia last year but this year he's taken a backward step..... BURNTOUT! Take Merv as another example , dedicated... undoubtedtly.... BUT even Merv has missed a couple of weekends after finding the travelling tooo much and needing a homelife not living in a hotel for week after week after week. I was chatting to Merv/Ronnie in Germany (Gladbeck) which followed a Premier League night in Exeter. Both were up very early to travel to London friday am to fly to Germany and BOTH of them were knackered to say the least with Merv saying then that he would have to start missing a few events or he could burnout and become disallusioned like TJ. :MMMN:

I'd love the chance to burnout :lol:
follow me on twitter @grubby1968!!!
jointer
Pub Champion

Post by jointer »

Paulie Walnuts wrote:What are the new qualifying requirements for the Premier League?

Surely it's Terry's business to do how he feels, he's got to his position in the rankings on merit
top 4
jointer
Pub Champion

Post by jointer »

Grubby wrote:

But part of Rod's problem was his knee's! He still struggles now to walk properly and is in constant pain. Stood on it throwing darts for 30/40 plus hours a week was a no go er. His darts also wouldn't "grip" in the new boards .
I like Rod as a pundit TBH BUT Terry is burntout after soooooo much darts and TRAVELLING over the last 7/8 years. Look at the number of tournaments that TJ missed up to last year........... None or very very few, even going to Australia last year but this year he's taken a backward step..... BURNTOUT! Take Merv as another example , dedicated... undoubtedtly.... BUT even Merv has missed a couple of weekends after finding the travelling tooo much and needing a homelife not living in a hotel for week after week after week. I was chatting to Merv/Ronnie in Germany (Gladbeck) which followed a Premier League night in Exeter. Both were up very early to travel to London friday am to fly to Germany and BOTH of them were knackered to say the least with Merv saying then that he would have to start missing a few events or he could burnout and become disallusioned like TJ. :MMMN:

aye poor buggers
i don't know how the cope :roll:
still they could always work for a living
Grubby
Superleague Player

Post by Grubby »

jointer wrote:
Paulie Walnuts wrote:What are the new qualifying requirements for the Premier League?

top 4
TOP 4 in OOM AFTER Ally Pally ... 2 x SKY picks and 2 x PDC picks. One suspects that the PDC picks will be heavily swayed by Uncle Barry's oppinion :DDDD: :DDD:
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Grubby wrote:
jointer wrote:

top 4
TOP 4 in OOM AFTER Ally Pally ... 2 x SKY picks and 2 x PDC picks. One suspects that the PDC picks will be heavily swayed by Uncle Barry's oppinion :DDDD: :DDD:
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Gringo
Pub Champion

Post by Gringo »

jointer wrote:
Grubby wrote:

aye poor buggers
i don't know how the cope :roll:
still they could always work for a living
Jenkins works for a living and does most of the travelling thats involved in the tour and combine that with playing in the premier league no wonder why he's out of form/losing some interest, I think rod was a bit harsh to say that about him live on air.
TheSportsDean
Pub Champion

Post by TheSportsDean »

I can see where Rod is coming from. It's very frustrating watching guys with a lot of talent not putting the work in to be where they should be talent-wise. I know that Jenkins is a top player, we've all seen it, we know that Lewis has what it takes, we've seen it, imagine what they could do if they did things the right way.

It's unfair in a way because some people obviously value their current lifestyle over winning titles. The PDC are clearly trying to push the game as big business and professional now, so it probably hurts them when you see the less professional players and especially when they say they've got other things on their minds, see darts as a hobby etc.

I have a huge amount of frustration too, as a fan of the game when I see the likes of Martin Adams, Tony O'Shea, Darryl Fitton, Scott Waites and a few others not playing in the PDC and competing for the big bucks. That irritates me more than the likes of Jenkins and Lewis (to mention a couple) not giving it 100% focus. If they do has aspirations to win titles, surely they have to look at the guys that have and take a page out of their books. Currently, whatever they're doing isn't working.

I don't blame Rod at all for saying what he does. He'd be pretty boring if he praised everyone.
I use Twitter, occasionally.... https://twitter.com/TheSportsDean

I also blog occasionally... http://thesportsdean.blogspot.co.uk/
Grubby
Superleague Player

Post by Grubby »

hotspur wrote:I can see where Rod is coming from. It's very frustrating watching guys with a lot of talent not putting the work in to be where they should be talent-wise. I know that Jenkins is a top player, we've all seen it, we know that Lewis has what it takes, we've seen it, imagine what they could do if they did things the right way.

It's unfair in a way because some people obviously value their current lifestyle over winning titles. The PDC are clearly trying to push the game as big business and professional now, so it probably hurts them when you see the less professional players and especially when they say they've got other things on their minds, see darts as a hobby etc.

I have a huge amount of frustration too, as a fan of the game when I see the likes of Martin Adams, Tony O'Shea, Darryl Fitton, Scott Waites and a few others not playing in the PDC and competing for the big bucks. That irritates me more than the likes of Jenkins and Lewis (to mention a couple) not giving it 100% focus. If they do has aspirations to win titles, surely they have to look at the guys that have and take a page out of their books. Currently, whatever they're doing isn't working.

I don't blame Rod at all for saying what he does. He'd be pretty boring if he praised everyone.
You don't post very often Dean BUT quality not quantity mate. Frustration being the operative word! Dedication could be another though..............
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Just a question....What is "The Right way??"

What works for one won't work for another, every players preparation and practice regime will be different.
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
Green Arrow
Brass Darts

Post by Green Arrow »

I spoke to terrys son a few months back in ledbury and he said then his dad hates being on the road all the time and not being able to spend as much time with the grandkids.. Maybe that could be a contributing factor to why he has gone off the boil. There are more inportant things in life than work/darts
Liverpool F.C
Gary M
Steady Sixties

Post by Gary M »

King-Juffy-Jar wrote:Rod is a plonker, he really need to wake up to fact that not everyone wants to stand in front of a dartboard for 8 hours a day and taking it deadly serious, Terry has said that he doesn't want to do what taylor does and plays for fun, if rod is too bloody ignorant to understand that then perhaps its him who should resign.

Believe it or not, some people play for the love of the game and are happy to be up there playing for fun and if they do well then its a bonus, if they lose then never mind.

Look at the state barney got into taking it deadly serious !
Absolutely spot on mate, couldn't put it better myself. Some people are so ignorant that they think players should give up their lives to stand in front of a dartboard every day of their lives for endless hours of practice. He has stated himself he plays for fun and his talent has got him where he is now, not his dedication. So what if he doesn't want to practice or even look interested or have a good attitude as Harrington would say? In 30 or 35 years or whenever Jenkins life is coming to a close, he may just regret those 8 hours a day standing in front of a dartboard when he was already made for life, when he could have been spending time with his family or doing something that interests him. Whatever he does in life, it's Terry Jenkins that should make that decision and not Rod Harrington or anyone on a darts forum.
and the Iron Fist
Superleague Player

Post by and the Iron Fist »

The point Rod Harrington tries to get across is that the PDC is not a hobby, it's for serious players. Not too difficult to understansd is it? There's big money there to be won and it's not unfair that the PDC (and Harrington represents the PDC when he says these things) expect them to earn that money by being proffesional. That's not unreasonable.

Rod is absolutely spot on. If you want to doss about and not take it seriously then go and play Ted Hankey and Martin Adams for the Lakeside. Don't just take the PDC money and give nothing back.
"It seems he thinks he is entitled to say what he likes" - 'Gadffi' Dicie on and the Iron Fist.
mancdart
The Ton Club

Post by mancdart »

He was a disgrace in the PL. I think Terry will spend the next year just turning up at the tv tournys for the money and putting in no real effort.
jointer
Pub Champion

Post by jointer »

Green Arrow wrote:I spoke to terrys son a few months back in ledbury and he said then his dad hates being on the road all the time and not being able to spend as much time with the grandkids.. Maybe that could be a contributing factor to why he has gone off the boil. There are more inportant things in life than work/darts
so Rod was right then
if terry hates it that much then why doesn't he quit and just play pub darts for the "enjoyment"
Gary M
Steady Sixties

Post by Gary M »

jointer wrote:
Green Arrow wrote:I spoke to terrys son a few months back in ledbury and he said then his dad hates being on the road all the time and not being able to spend as much time with the grandkids.. Maybe that could be a contributing factor to why he has gone off the boil. There are more inportant things in life than work/darts
so Rod was right then
if terry hates it that much then why doesn't he quit and just play pub darts for the "enjoyment"
Why would anyone in a mentally stable condition want to throw away a guaranteed 5k - 8k every major ? :lol:
As I said before, the guy has got to where he is on merit and therefore deserves to reap the guaranteed rewards even if he wants to throw with his eyes closed.
Gary M
Steady Sixties

Post by Gary M »

and the Iron Fist wrote:The point Rod Harrington tries to get across is that the PDC is not a hobby, it's for serious players. Not too difficult to understansd is it? There's big money there to be won and it's not unfair that the PDC (and Harrington represents the PDC when he says these things) expect them to earn that money by being proffesional. That's not unreasonable.

Rod is absolutely spot on. If you want to doss about and not take it seriously then go and play Ted Hankey and Martin Adams for the Lakeside. Don't just take the PDC money and give nothing back.
He has obviously given something to the PDC and the audiences in the venues and at home with his superb performances over the years. You don't get to number 5 in the world by " giving nothing back "
Azitis
Feather Flights

Post by Azitis »

and the Iron Fist wrote:The point Rod Harrington tries to get across is that the PDC is not a hobby, it's for serious players. Not too difficult to understansd is it? There's big money there to be won and it's not unfair that the PDC (and Harrington represents the PDC when he says these things) expect them to earn that money by being proffesional. That's not unreasonable.

terry jenkins not a serious player! just dont understand your post. you think terry has not earned his money and not been professional?, check his achievements out and compare with other possibly more serious players. i think terry is just having a dip in form at the minute like alot of players seem to do at time to time. but from what i can gather he doesnt miss many events and does lots of exhibitions which i always thought was part of being a top dart player.
p.s you think he just doss` about? you must know him pretty well.